Decoy Totem

Absolute OP!! I play ranger, lv 3x, max dmg with burning arrow (can't find damn poison!!) I have two totems atm- when I fight a boss, I summon both, cast temporal chains and .. just kill it standing still :( regular monsters dying not even aggro me.. When I finally get PA- it would look like: summon totem, poison area, move ahead, .. Remove the totem please!
ign: Ron
If you have 2 decoys down and drop a shockwave totem both Decoys despawn. However if you have a shockwave down you can also put down a decoy. And if you have a single Decoy down and you drop Shockwave it goes away as well.

Decoy is level 11, shockwave is level 2 (still persists at level 3)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Last edited by Dark0mens on May 17, 2012, 7:39:51 PM
skill is great, saved my life many times :)
doesn't need change, work just fine
"
Alegor wrote:
Absolute OP!! I play ranger, lv 3x, max dmg with burning arrow (can't find damn poison!!) I have two totems atm- when I fight a boss, I summon both, cast temporal chains and .. just kill it standing still :( regular monsters dying not even aggro me.. When I finally get PA- it would look like: summon totem, poison area, move ahead, .. Remove the totem please!

totem is OP??? dude, u got to be kidding man... u probably haven't played at the higher levels e.g. at merciless lvl yet...

the mobs there at merciless lvl tear this totem apart in 1 or 2 hits... this totem won't help to save your ass very much at the end game level...
34pre98qua
"
stkmro wrote:
"
Alegor wrote:

totem is OP??? dude, u got to be kidding man... u probably haven't played at the higher levels e.g. at merciless lvl yet...

the mobs there at merciless lvl tear this totem apart in 1 or 2 hits... this totem won't help to save your ass very much at the end game level...

Well, I made Oak jump around in a triangle of these totems which made the fight trivial on merciless.

The totem is great but bosses should have a higher chance to resist the taunt and act bosses should be immune.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on May 21, 2012, 6:13:26 PM
"
dust7 wrote:
"
stkmro wrote:
"
Alegor wrote:

Well, I made Oak jump around in a triangle of these totems which made the fight trivial on merciless.

The totem is great but bosses should have a higher chance to resist the taunt and act bosses should be immune.

if you want act bosses to be immune to this totem, then you might as well ask ggg to nerf every skill gems and support gems/items and make act bosses immune to icespear, make act bosses immune to poison arrow, make act bosses immune to lesser multi-projectile, cold snap, glacial hammer, diamond flasks, etc, etc, etc......
34pre98qua
Again: decoy is OP, changes gameplay in a very negative way, should be removed. What's the point of hack and slash, if monsters are no longer interested in me?? It's more like a slaughter now
One more: it's very annoying when monsters leach life from my totems- is it a bug?
ign: Ron
Last edited by Alegor on May 29, 2012, 5:50:13 AM
Way OP.

Wouldn't play a character without decoy now.

I recommend limiting it to a max of 1 decoy up at once.

Yea, making some of the monsters immune sounds like it would be a good idea too.

Guv, 74 hc mine witch

A more sensible nerf would be this:

Make the decoy totem shoot some kind of projectile, that has to HIT to cause aggro.

Either make it a magic projectile, but then shoot in random directions.

Or make it an aimed physical projectile that can miss. (evade, block, whatever.)
Im a flicker CI shadow with a ton of elem weapon damage, and this changed down to only having one totem in the middle of merciless, and now the first enemy looks at it and it 'splodes as they rush me. It's basically not even worth casting now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info