Path of Exile April Expansion Teaser

looking forward
So are you going to fix any of the horrendous performance issues that have been around since 3.13

The game is unplayable.

Also, are you going to ever release the finished client for macOS or is it going to stay in beta forever? You basically bait and switched all macOS users.. I bought some stash space and paid around $40 worth in your store all to find out that the game is unplayable past act 5 because of the bad performance.

Patch 3.14 should not add any content until the performance is fixed. You’ve lost a lot of players with 3.13 and you’re not going to regain any for long if you don’t fix this broken game.
"
Incarcerated wrote:
"
Zaraky wrote:
"
Incarcerated wrote:

The server issues have been fewer and fewer over the years so no, lag is not likely to be on their end. You might not believe it because you don't want it to be true but it's a documented fact. If your server does have issues though, there are plenty of other servers so it's still in your hands.

As for 'unplayable content', I'm not talking about the league mechanic itself. I'm talking about game issues that cause errors, crashes and stutter. All of these can usually be avoided at league start by updating drivers and reading up on known issues such as software conflicts.

But if we're going to talk about synthesis, let's do it. I remember quite clearly that synthesis had 2 major issues on release. The first was a common crash while running any synthesis instance, which was fixed pretty quickly. The second was the 'islands' spawning in locations that prevented you from accessing them or other islands nearby. This was also fixed but it took quite a while.
On top of this, the whole crafting idea was extremely difficult to work with and the spreadsheet required to understand your potential outcomes made this unusable junk to most players.
After fixing most issues, Chris and the team posted an apology and has always spoken of how this was an example of how they needed to be better at managing their time when it came to ambitious league content.
They learnt a lot from this and other leagues with early issues and I really don't think you appreciate how far the game has come since synthesis.

How about some support for the good content that they've been adding that has had NO issues on release such as Maven? It has good QoL, no crashing, well made boss fight. It's easy to forget the good when you're focusing on the bad.

—————
Tbone469 says —

Sorry but no, this is totally wrong. All my drivers are up to date and the game has horrendous performance since 3.13

How can I focus on Maven when the game is so laggy/unplayable by act 6 that I can’t even play through that to reach the Maven? Sorry but you’re defending the worst ever designed ARPG as far as performance goes. Look, I run the game at 800x600 resolution with every setting as low as possible and it still drops to 5FPS. It doesn’t even matter what PC you use, some people have the same set ups as others and have terrible performance while the other person has great performance. The game is a mess. Stop defending “good content” like the Maven. No one cares about new content if you can’t even enjoy the regular content.
Last edited by tbone469 on Mar 29, 2021, 10:23:22 AM
"
impulze3 wrote:
i hope this update will introduce alot of needed QoL changes and performance fixes

Agreed, 3.13 ruined PoE - I can’t play anymore and sadly it doesn’t seem like GGG cares at all because people keep shovelling them millions of dollars for nothing.

Diablo 2 was always better anyways but it’s still sad that GGG doesn’t care about gamers anymore just like Blizzard — both companies are some of the worst in the business now and only care about fattening their wallets. They used to be companies built by gamers for gamers now they’re just money-whoring companies that could not care less about gamers.
Last edited by tbone469 on Mar 29, 2021, 10:26:42 AM
"
vio wrote:
that really looks amazing

What looks amazing??? A PoE character running around killing things?

This looks amazing but when we play it and the FPS goes down to 5FPS it’s not going to look very amazing.

My PC is from 2017 and it’s top of the line for 2017.. Yet playing PoE in 800x600 resolution with all settings as low as possible still has terrible performance dips to 5FPS.

I would prefer if 3.14 just fixed the game instead of trying to add more stuff. But GGG doesn’t care about fixing anything since you guys keep shovelling them millions of dollars for nothing (MTX Support etc) even though they haven’t done anything to actually improve the game in years.
"
tbone469 wrote:
So are you going to fix any of the horrendous performance issues that have been around since 3.13

The game is unplayable.

Also, are you going to ever release the finished client for macOS or is it going to stay in beta forever? You basically bait and switched all macOS users.. I bought some stash space and paid around $40 worth in your store all to find out that the game is unplayable past act 5 because of the bad performance.

Patch 3.14 should not add any content until the performance is fixed. You’ve lost a lot of players with 3.13 and you’re not going to regain any for long if you don’t fix this broken game.

indeed if you have a potatoe computer from 2000-2010 performance is bad.performance IS BAD atm but unplayable like you said you must be trying to play with your calculator.
Performance is shockingly bad for me since 3.13 and I have a GTX 1660 ti and Ryzen 7 and 2700MB/s PCIe storage. I don't know what kinda specs they expect people to have, but this is at least 25% stronger than the top gaming configs on Steam charts. If they are targeting $3000 computers for 60 fps 1080p I'm not sure how many customers they'll have in the long run. Games should be optimized for the standard config on Steam charts, which is like a 6th gen quad core and a gtx 1060. That's what most customers have, and that's all most customers are going to have for the next few years because of chip shortages. Even Guild Wars 2 runs better for me than PoE at the moment and that game is notoriously strangled to one thread and just in general poorly optimized because ArenaNet has never had a capable engineer.
poggerisation
IGN: TitanVaolox

Can't wait!!!!
excited, this game is one of the only things that bring me joy

keep entertaining me, ggg :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info