What games do you guys play other than POE?

I like to play Genshin Impact. It's a lot like PoE, but generally better in every way.
We quit Genshin Impact decisively and absolutely. I had some strong chars as did the GF but the multiplayer sucked and well...not even great Japanese voice acting can hide the game's roots. The cultural structure of Genshin's world is nowhere near as subtle as Mihoyo want it to seem. The European stand-ins are kind of useless and really like their wine, the Pseudo-Russian nation is secretive and untrustworthy, the Chinese area is of course harmonious and industrious, a haven of trade and peace, and now the Japanese area is isolationist and militant.

Oh well. It IS a fantasy game, I guess. Question is, whose fantasy?

It will be interesting to see how the game's many pretty boys survive the increasing focus on reducing such in nerd media entertainment in China.

__

This month's free game on ps plus was a 2k golf game. Now, I really don't like golf irl. Like, I agree with George Carlin in seeing golf courses as a massive waste of space....BUT I do kind of like golf games. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Links on PC back when realsound was some sort of aural revelation. Sadly Links was a loooooot easier than modern golf games: aim shot, hold space, let go. Now its all about how fast you flick the stick somehow determining a bunch of factors and adjusting stance to
..do stuff. Not even something as benign as the old golf game escaped the imposition of overly complicated game mechanics...

___

Someone went and made a rhythm shooter eogue like called BPM using old Paragon assets and it did my head in. Strangely compelling.

___

I really enjoy D2R but I think Titan Quest is my favourite arpg of all time. It's not as meaninglessly convoluted as PoE, not as psilly as D3, less despondent than Grim Dawn, more meaningful than Wolcen and more flexible than Last Epoch. I think my roster has cleared 30 characters now.

I'd also forgotten what an absolute shithead the endboss of the base game is. So much circling...

___

Preordered Stranger of Paradise, because of course I did. Ugly as hell game but the hameplay does it for me, and the Dissidia vibes grow stronger with each reveal...

___

I am deeply intrigued by Lemnis Gate but that it's pvp only stays my hand. I guess coding ai to deal with something that complex would be...tricky....

___

My No Man's Sky tshirt arrived a few days ago. As you know, I have many game t-shirts, but this one, simple design with the words 'since 2016' is the one I wear with the most pride. Because I have been playing since 2016. I didn't refund. I didn't join the fools chorus attacking the game or its beleaguered devs. I kept the faith that NMS and Hello Games would be redeemed, and that faith was rewarded. So far they haven't actually sold any new content so paying premium for a commemorative tshirt was the least I could do.

__

I think I might put some time into DB FighterZ soon.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 9, 2021, 10:56:03 PM
I also love to play Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon . I recently bought it online for a discount here. Is an example of a classic action shooter, made in the style of "old" (in a good sense) action movies; with an incredible and ugly atmosphere! The game gave me just a lot of nastalgia and positivity! I recommend to people who were born in the 80's and 90's, who remember all of these classics of Hollywood as much as I do!
Last edited by JabaJava on Oct 18, 2021, 12:16:35 PM
"
We quit Genshin Impact decisively and absolutely. I had some strong chars as did the GF but the multiplayer sucked and well...not even great Japanese voice acting can hide the game's roots. The cultural structure of Genshin's world is nowhere near as subtle as Mihoyo want it to seem. The European stand-ins are kind of useless and really like their wine, the Pseudo-Russian nation is secretive and untrustworthy, the Chinese area is of course harmonious and industrious, a haven of trade and peace, and now the Japanese area is isolationist and militant.

Oh well. It IS a fantasy game, I guess. Question is, whose fantasy?

LOL. Nothing wrong with it.

Fatui are literally secret agents, that is how they are suppose to act. Venti is the weakest Archon; that is a fact. Ancient Japan was isolationist and militant.

Harmonious and industrious isn't how the Chinese view Ancient China, they view China as a prosperous and successful nation before Western Colonialism. You could say China had been the world's leading civilisation for well over a 1500 years. They are not very harmonious in the sense they frequently war among themselves. Not industrious but rather prosperous because periods of peace, trade routes like silk road, maritime trade with its neighbours, advanced technology and social development of its time. Then came the Great Divergence or European miracle which shift the socioeconomic development to the Western world. Then Came China decline, the Qing regime was plagued by poor governance, corruption and various malpractices by the state.

Is this not what you would envisoned the world to look like? Ancient civilizations that is.
While I haven't played it, I enjoy watching let's plays of Frostpunk:

https://www.frostpunkgame.com/

Frostpunk is a steampunk-era crisis-survival city-builder. It can be pretty brutal, and the options and challenges available make for some serious replayability in a game based on set-piece scenarios. You have to manage a tiny colony in a frozen wasteland, dealing with hardships such as starvation, increasingly colder, harsher weather, social issues, and even whether to govern through Faith or Order. You can go as far as the Book of Laws will take you, potentially becoming a Fascistic or a Religious despot, or you can ignore the furthest reaches of the "law tree" and do the best you can while reining in the worst impulses of power.

Meanwhile, productivity, resource management, and, depending on the scenario, increasingly demanding circumstances will tax your leadership skills at every turn. The soundtrack is fantastically evocative, and the graphics and UI are cleverly devised. The lore is intentionally opaque, providing only a few hypotheses as to why the Earth has cooled so rapidly, and clues to certain other aspects of the milieu, such as why the survivors of the initial disaster have made their way north, aren't readily revealed, save as tidbits discovered as you play.

If I had the time to invest in playing another game, I might be tempted to buy it; as is, I've watched many hours on YouTube.

Finally, the first trailers for Frostpunk 2 have dropped, and it promises to be quite the step up from the first game.

For a game I have never played, I can highly recommend this one. Or, you can do what I did, find a good player on YouTube, and watch. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I've recently played Frostpunk and I have to say.... it's absolutely awesome and very addicting!

can recommend :)
right now i play ff14, satisfactory, clicker heroes, summoners war, and langrisser.
i play mmorpgs, i has no home in them right now since i quit maplestory. i just bounce around games for now and wait for the big mmo to bring in the community. stay sane exile in the lake of the great depression.

check out my utube, MckaiserDragon.
Last edited by Mckaiser on Oct 13, 2021, 8:45:22 AM
Lately for almost like...two months now I have been playing Splitgate.
If I'm not doing that then just messing around in Grim Dawn and Last Epoch.
To accept a challenge from the Void is merely suicide for the unprepared.
Having a great time with 7 Days to Die.

It's now in alpha 19.4. It's about thirty bux on steam but goes on sale every summer (for the last 2 years).

If you've played it before, you probably recall how fiddly the UI/crafting was, how arbitrarily scarce certain schematics were, and so on. I'm happy with where it's at now and the last few weeks are the longest I've played without a hitch.

Basically it's post-apocalyptic zombie fps meets Minecraft. Zombies both human and wild animal, roam the wastelands and ghost towns in a nuclear-winterish middle America. You kill, get xp, trade with sparse trader NPCs for desperately needed scrap metals, first-aid items, and tech magazines that you read to unlock "recipes" or "mods" to improve items you build.

Every 7 days, the blood moon rises and the zombies can smell you through the walls of your corrugated metal hovel, they can hear your crappy little generator humming through the ground from several km away, and they converge on you, climbing over each other's bodies to ram, rip, tear, and chew their way through your defences. Flying zombie birds of prey strafe you if you're caught out in the open.

Airdrops land occasionally far in the distance. Out there, somewhere, are living humans. Or maybe the drones are carrying out their last instructions before even the military base became a festering yard of undead tactical supergoons.
^^^ What he said.

(Bots are getting much lazier. Seriously? Ain't nobody got time to read that the first time, let alone twice. I posted that like 6 months ago...)

Any opinions on Darkest Dungeon? Got a mate playing it and he really likes it so far, but we tend to have different goals and it's not free...

edit: more specifically is it a game I could spend a good long weekend on or would it be sorted in 6h
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Oct 14, 2021, 1:41:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info