What games do you guys play other than POE?

Darkest Dungeon is one of my favorite games, did put a good 300h+ into it.

Pretty punishing and "hard" in the beginning until u get a grip of it's systems, a bit like PoE I guess :P
If u like a challenge and an unique art style u'd check it out.

/e: just saw ur edit, it's definitely a longer ride, especially as of the first time playing. U have to grind alot of experience for different heroes and upgrade ur main hub and weapons/armors.
Last edited by Sadaukar on Oct 14, 2021, 10:16:33 AM
I'm playing New World now & it's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. It's like playing PoE & Valheim but you can see other people in your game as well. As usual, I'm playing solo, yes I know it's weird, solo in MMO. I just want to play on my own but not feeling alone since you can see & interact with other players as well from time to time.

PoE 3.16 will be the first time I won't play a league since I played PoE during Harbinger. I don't know if I'm coming back, maybe if I got bored with New World.

I'm just passing by to see what's the new patch is all about. So, bye PoE for now, see you when I see you again.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Per my signature, my daily ARPG setup
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

I haven't followed everything,but can you get the screen from the tablet mirrored to the TV? I know you're a fan of couch gaming.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Oct 18, 2021, 1:38:01 AM
"
Sadaukar wrote:
Darkest Dungeon is one of my favorite games, did put a good 300h+ into it.

Pretty punishing and "hard" in the beginning until u get a grip of it's systems, a bit like PoE I guess :P
If u like a challenge and an unique art style u'd check it out.

/e: just saw ur edit, it's definitely a longer ride, especially as of the first time playing. U have to grind alot of experience for different heroes and upgrade ur main hub and weapons/armors.

I agree. DD is a great game, but you're in for some punishment. And unlike the "neutral" deaths in PoE, the narrator in DD can be very sarcastic about it. :)
Oh, I love the narrator.

And yes, it's also grindy. You have to level up several heroes, grind for trinkets (there is no gear, only two item slots for said trinkets), kill bosses, cure your heroes from afflictions they got in the Dungeons.
It's quite often on sale on Steam and GOG, so no need to pay the full price.
There are actually quite a few people streaming it, so get a glimpse and see if you like it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Loved Darkest Dungeon. Crimson Court DLC can definitely push the difficulty of an already difficult game into git gud or die crying territory. My overconfidence frequently led to my destruction heh.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

I haven't followed everything,but can you get the screen from the tablet mirrored to the TV? I know you're a fan of couch gaming.

Too much lag. It works okay for turn based games but for any game that feels "good" with a controller, the one second delay and loss in quality is a deal breaker.

This is ironically all down to the fact that Nordic put an up to date version of TQ on mobile but the console version is an outdated buggy mess.

Interesting side note: turned pc to do some digital errands yesterday and wasn't once tempted to load a game despite having a whole bunch on there to get through, many of which run far better on pc than console. For me it's all about environment. That chair, the study, the isolation -- they all hurl me back into a time and place, gaming-wise, I'd rather not revisit. The couch otoh is central and exposed to the rest of the house. Kitchen just behind, tv just in front, front door just to the left, back door to the right.

I know, I'm weird but there you go. :)

___

As with The Sims, Animal Crossing is totally not my sort of game but I love half-watching my partner play it. The shit her animals (and her sims) get up to cracks me up. So I was vicariously excited for the latest news regarding ACNH updates. So glad to see Isabelle will finally get a decent cup of coffee!

___

Re DD: it was my second rogue lite, after Rogue Legacy. The combination of town development and boardgame-style dungeon crawl was great but it was the way it turned characters into nothing more than playing pieces to be used ruthlessly that really got me. In an oblique way, it reminded me of Lords of Waterdeep, which goes even further to abstract its heroes by rendering them as nothing more than little coloured blocks.

But the subgenre has come a long way since DD and I think Hades might be more my thing nowadays. Which is odd given it has a lot things I despise in ARPGs, such as bullet hell bosses, but it does them so well, I can't but embrace it.

That all said the day DD hits android I'll triple dip that sucker in no time. My enjoyment of the game's narrator is damn near...indefatigable.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 18, 2021, 9:44:55 PM
"
Bass956 wrote:
Lately for almost like...two months now I have been playing Splitgate.
If I'm not doing that then just messing around in Grim Dawn and Last Epoch.

Splitgate? how good isit?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Bass956 wrote:
Lately for almost like...two months now I have been playing Splitgate.
If I'm not doing that then just messing around in Grim Dawn and Last Epoch.

Splitgate? how good isit?

I say it's quite good if you ask me! Then again it also might be because I enjoy the feel of arena shooters.

People seem to call it Portal meets Halo but it feels more like Unreal Tournament or Quake with portals.

The time to kill is a lot quicker as well as the general pace too.
Takes a bit to memorize where you can put down portals but the race training mode helps.

Weapons are basic. Got your standard affair of assault rifles and snipers to the power weapons like a rail gun or a big baseball bat.

Game modes are what you expect too. Like king of the hill and team deathmatch to the sillier modes from rumble (which now go on rotation as the featured game mode) like zombies or big head snipers or insta gib which gives you a rail gun that charges instantly and fires way faster than normal.

There is also a ranked mode if that is your thing. From 4v4, 3v3 and 2v2.

The game is free so if you have some time to kill it doesn't hurt to try. There is a cosmetics shop and a battle pass that you have to pay with money if you want goodies. Some stuff from the battle pass is free but there is a sizeable gap between rewards though.

It's also cross platform too for consoles, though on that note... if you play with a controller, the aim assist for that feels closer to like Destiny 2 or Halo Master Chief collection. So it is noticeable than compared to keyboard and mouse.

But yeah TL;DR I say it's good!
To accept a challenge from the Void is merely suicide for the unprepared.
Playing new world actually, made it to level 60 yesterday and I must say it's a great MMORPG basis, lacks a lot in various areas but so far it has been a more than fine experience.

Doubt I will get back to wraeclast before PoE 2, played 8 years in a row skipping only few leagues, let's say I'm mostly happy of those but in the meantime current changes aren't really appealing or interesting enough to come back.

Also playing splitgate casually and can totally recommend this game, if you enjoyed UE, quake and so on back in days and then Portal, this game is definitely the one.

Also keep playing Worms W.M.D, that's where the best and funniest moments happens with a small community but really friendly one.

Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info