Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

How about soul-binding the deterministic crafted items for like a few hours or days. It is simple.
The spawn balance in 3.13 was reasonable to keep us long if they are not tradable in TFT or something.
With harvest, ppl would keep playing just for fun. I think this is the retention that we all want. Making things time consuming is not like that.
If it was just a matter of gambling with currency, I wouldn't be so disheartened from the removal of Harvestcrafting, but...

For people like me who want to play off-meta builds, we often need a few specific combinations of stuff on our gear to make the puzzle fit together, and without harvest crafts (Targeted exalts/annuls, etc) I'm no longer able to combo the stuff I used to, whether I have unlimited currency or not.

The fact that I can't even find/buy/create the gear I want to play with anymore is a real shame, as I had a lot of fun with the newer endgame content (maven, etc) which I would now have to resort to something more cookie-cutter/FOTM just to have the power level to handle.

I've barely played since the removal of harvest, and I will likely not return for more than the odd week or two per league, tops, until a way to create the FUN gear I want to play with is available again.

They already have separate leagues for SSF and HC; why not make an additional version of the challenge leagues for those who want to play with Harvest gear? I don't even care if it goes to the void at league end.

I miss you, PoE. I really do.
Harvest was one of the few reasons that I kept playing.
Being able to do maps look for harvest and go in and role my chances.

I wont play POE 1 until that comes or great improvements come to user experience of tabs.

Sorting, auto stash, and so on. So tired of looting.
just remove harvest and add most crafts to crafting bench and balance cost
fixed
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by TreeOfDead on Oct 21, 2021, 6:07:18 AM
bring back harvest in full force.

but only for std and ssf.
Harvest is the first time we have actual CRAFTING in Path of Exile, not glorified gamble.
https://orchardpackaging.com/product/custom-blank-cereal-boxes/
"
brucemars858 wrote:
Harvest is the first time we have actual CRAFTING in Path of Exile, not glorified gamble.

The problem here is that Harvest crafting allows you to create the absolute BiS for every item type (with a few truly unique but exceedingly rare exceptions, like HH or Mageblood).

And that renders everything else completely obsolete.

And then you have a lot of people running with maxxed-out A+++ god-tier equipment clearing and curbstomping every content in seconds.

So, what would then happen is, since the whole content would be rendered trivial, GGG would have to up the monster damage, life and other properties to match those god-tier items.

Which, in turn, would literally force everyone to obtain those BiS A+++ items, because, otherwise, they would not be able to enjoy any content since they would not be able to kill it once it's buffed to match god-tier items.

And then, even those almost-BiS dropped items that have survived the first "everything but Harvest god-tier BiS is laughable and obsolete" would become truly obsolete.

So, how do you solve that?
Last edited by bgdmm on Nov 18, 2021, 3:47:27 AM
"
bgdmm wrote:
"
brucemars858 wrote:

The problem here is that Harvest crafting allows you to create the absolute BiS for every item type (with a few truly unique but exceedingly rare exceptions, like HH or Mageblood).

And then you have a lot of people running with maxxed-out A+++ god-tier equipment clearing and curbstomping every content in seconds.

So, what would then happen is, since the whole content would be rendered trivial, GGG would have to up the monster damage, life and other properties to match those god-tier items.

Which, in turn, would literally force everyone to obtain those BiS A+++ items, because, otherwise, they would not be able to enjoy any content since they would not be able to kill it once it's buffed to match god-tier items.

And then, even those almost-BiS dropped items that have survived the first "everything but Harvest god-tier BiS is laughable and obsolete" would become truly obsolete.

I do not see any problem giving folks the opportunity to get BiS-Items; Harvest League was pretty cool and very rewarding and I did love it. Currently, only the 1% can do the whole content easily and they are still playing the game. Casuals are struggling to get only one well rolled item because the are lacking the currency to craft.
I do not understand why people believe no one would play the game when all players have access to godly gear. At the moment the playerbase is leaving the game since casual/normal players do not get any good drops and do not have any chance to get currency or good gear. The game is pretty much unrewarding for 99% and you can see that in player numbers.
Last edited by Abaelard on Nov 20, 2021, 3:20:54 PM
"
bgdmm wrote:
"
brucemars858 wrote:

Simple. Bind the crafting.
"
Abaelard wrote:
"
bgdmm wrote:
"
brucemars858 wrote:

I do not see any problem giving folks the opportunity to get BiS-Items; Harvest League was pretty cool and very rewarding and I did love it. Currently, only the 1% can do the whole content easily and they are still playing the game. Casuals are struggling to get only one well rolled item because the are lacking the currency to craft.
I do not understand why people believe no one would play the game when all players have access to godly gear. At the moment the playerbase is leaving the game since casual/normal players do not get any good drops and do not have any chance to get currency or good gear. The game is pretty much unrewarding for 99% and you can see that in player numbers.

This game isn't for you, casual exile. It was made by no-lifers for nolifers.

Watch Yoji's video. He explained the issue well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c--MzZhvxY

Now then if you read this Chris, I demand easy mode.
Last edited by Networm13 on Nov 22, 2021, 9:17:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info