Experience Penalty on Death Change Suggestion

Experience lost is my usual ragequit sometimes too and return after, but lately not just that, I will start to purchase supporter packs again when I see a minimal change on that like:

Or deactivate exp penalty on death for standar
Or deactivate exp penalty on league and standar
Or make something to prevent the random oneshots like the old Immortal call

Meanwhile I will save my money to be able to say "thanks" to GGG properly if they take the decision to change something about that topic.
Full Harvest is besto waifu, give me 3.11 and/or 3.13 and take my money.
-20% exp on death please
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
HalfFiction wrote:

My suggestion is; experience penalty on death is lowered by %1 for each level after 90 to 1% penalty at level 99, or to maximum 2%.

Rarely reading forum threads and always stumble upon similar topics about death penalty being too harsh system.

I always agree but I think everybody should just take it as it is. I've seen so many good suggestions - and this one looks really good - but nothing will ever change. We are simply the wrong audience and want the game to be for a wider pool of players.

I do think its ridiculous to waste time on Breachstones or white maps to never die and forget about 99% of the game activities for a long while.
Problem: Players are having fun in Path of Exile.
Solution: Remove fun.
To me, the exp loss on death should have its place. Every death should be punished.

That being said, I don't mind losing exp when I actually derp play, or just simply go reckless on shit and attempt to facetank when I'm not supposed to.

What fucking pisses the hell out of me though, is the random, stupid, oh so frequent and unncessary oneshots when you're fully geared. You have no time to react, you have NO DAMN IDEA what just killed you (is it a boss, a hard rare monster, some kind of offscreen projectile...). I don't mind taking the 10% exp loss when I die but fuck I WANT to know what the hell killed me­.

I hate Diablo III with a passion but what I really liked about it is that they actually tell you what laminated your ass to the wall. And I just don't know why GGG didn't implement this function to this day, it's well-spoken in the forums since 0.9.1 or something.

The game has really changed since I started playing in OB. A lot of changes for the better, but some too for the worse. Now, it seems to me it has just became a matter of DPS check. Be quick or be dead. No hit-tanking, no nothing. Either you oneshot entire screens in a single click, or you get oneshotted, and you can have either 1k eHP, or 35k eHP. Doesn't change a thing, you get oneshotted anyway. And it just plain sucks. Defense layer over defense layer OVER defense layer, and stuff still manages to oneshot you.

So here's my suggestions:

- Revert back to the old ways.

'' What you mean by that ? '' you'll say­. Just remove the stupid oneshots all over the place, it SUCKS. It's the exact reason why I stopped playing hardcore for good. I don't mind dying when I played a shitty move. But not to oneshots. It's harsh and unnecessary. And it also sucks ass when you invested so much on your build to get wiped out that easily.

- Implement a system (like D3) where you can actually see what killed you. And this, is LONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG overdue, and asked so much by the playerbase for years now.

So now, renting is over, whining too. I made my suggestions, that's it.

Cheers,

~Pledge
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info