Diablo II: Resurrected

Making Remastered games is like playing easy mode for free money. The only thing that they need to do is to not messed up royally. How hard can that be? o.O
don't compare cyberpunk's threat to modern blizzard game

CDPR had a reputation just as good if not better than blizzard's before cyberpunk came out. I'm not saying that had the same number of nostalgia obsessed fans but their reputation was prestine and everyone thought that any CDPR red game was going to be just as good or even way better than Witcher 3 which would have destroyed ANY game's release cycle not just PoE's
"
oblomir wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Official mod support is a pretty big deal though. Depending on how flexible it is, that's a gamechanger in itself.

Mods are nice but IMHO not really a big draw when it comes to the general ARPG audience. Both Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn are very modable games, but don't come close to popularity of D3 or PoE.
Neither of them have the benefit of any form of online gathering place though, whereas D2 does. GD would be more popular if it did--though it already puts up decent player numbers anyway for a game that is played single-player by most.

Plenty of people still play D2 to this day as well, largely because of the extensive modding that's been done. And that's without official support, and very isolated since you can't login to battle.net without a high risk of being banned.

Skyrim. Fallout 4. Stardew Valley. No Man's Sky. All games that are very moddable and maintain good to strong playerbases (with SV surpassing PoE's most of the time). Also all games that launched with no multiplayer at all, only to receive it through mods or official support years later. And then, of course, there's Minecraft which reigns supreme over all games of any genre.

If the official mod support Blizz gives D2 is anywhere near as flexible as any of those games, it will definitely be a big draw. Modding is a really big deal to a lot of people. It keeps a good chunk of fans playing longer, and also draws in players who may not otherwise play your game at all.

All Blizzard really has to do though is not fuck the game up like they did WC3 Reforged. If they go the whole "anything you create belongs to us" route like they did there, that isn't going to end well.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Feb 28, 2021, 7:43:00 PM
You're not a player of this game, nor you are a gamer of this play.

Your oppinion is appreaciated.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Diablo 2 Resurrected will be inferior to Grim Dawn.
who want's to play the same stuff when PoE is infinitely better
Imagine if you would have to log out of PoE and log in again to reset your map, so you can clear it again, just like end-game baal runs... Such a great QoL there.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:
Imagine if you would have to log out of PoE and log in again to reset your map, so you can clear it again, just like end-game baal runs... Such a great QoL there.

lol, took you the same time if you have ssd in poe and make new map :P
my english sux.
"
C1111 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Imagine logging off and back in while doing delve after every node. At least my map will be different. Have fun xD
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Mar 17, 2021, 9:40:40 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
C1111 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Imagine logging off and back in while doing delve after every node. At least my map will be different. Have fun xD

well picking nodes in delve took you some seconds too
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info