Diablo II: Resurrected

"
CrazylikE wrote:
Yes, I bet GGG are scared of a 20 year old game that just got a remake of its graphics and no new content. Guess PoE is done for.

Well they should be based on all the excuses and information they have given us previously.

Take the Cyberpunk launch casuing a delay due to league financial concerns. That isn't even a PoE competitive genre.

If we are to take it that PoE largely counts on league to league financial boosts, and they can't afford to miss a beat, then holy fuck yes, they should be extremely worried about D2R.

Hell if I was Blizzard, just to troll PoE, I would launch it right near a PoE league launch, just to watch it burn.

I dont know what the actual numbers would be, but I would guess at least 75% of this player base will buy / play D2R. (Not to mention nearly all of PoE's main streamers aside from Mathil)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 26, 2021, 10:13:00 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I dont know what the actual numbers would be, but I would guess at least 75% of this player base will buy / play D2R. (Not to mention nearly all of PoE's main streamers aside from Mathil)

Sure they will buy/play it but for a significant amount of time? Probably not in most cases. I'd also say 75% is an extreme overestimation, most of the people expressing interest here seem to be those who are dissatisfied with POE and hardly play it currently either.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Feb 26, 2021, 10:56:01 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Sure they will buy/play it but for a significant amount of time? Probably not in most cases. I'd also say 75% is an extreme overestimation, most of the people expressing interest here seem to be those who are dissatisfied with POE and hardly play it currently either.

I mean maybe, I admit I'm totally guessing here, but many of the older PoE gamers are here from the Diablo series, and most arpg's are spiritual successors to Diablo (including PoE). I think the interst in this, and other arpg communities, will be quite high. Certainly over half.

As for time in the game? Idk the average PoE players seems to play around 2-3 weeks when league launches and then go away. I dont think it's a stretch that some would play for a similar time to replace PoE before, during, or after a league launch.

Personally, and this is purely speculation, I think the D2R launch will be massive. The market is perfect for it this year, and its multi-platform. I fully expect it to be something we look at in terms of Millions.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
Yes, I bet GGG are scared of a 20 year old game that just got a remake of its graphics and no new content. Guess PoE is done for.

Well they should be based on all the excuses and information they have given us previously.

Take the Cyberpunk launch casuing a delay due to league financial concerns. That isn't even a PoE competitive genre.

If we are to take it that PoE largely counts on league to league financial boosts, and they can't afford to miss a beat, then holy fuck yes, they should be extremely worried about D2R.

Hell if I was Blizzard, just to troll PoE, I would launch it right near a PoE league launch, just to watch it burn.

I played D2 to death, and I think most people that enjoyed D2 did. Nothing new is coming to the game other than graphics and QoL. That sure isnt enough for me to play it over a new PoE league. Will I play it? Yes. Will I play it instead of a new PoE league? Fuck no, why would I. D2 is D2, it will be there when I'm done with PoE league, I'm not going to miss anything, D2 is the same D2 ladder after ladder. It's going to be boring AF real fast to do endless Baal runs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
^

I dont know. PoE bloat and sheer exhaustion of doing the same thing in the end game doesn't speak to anything amazing about the appeal of core PoE.

And leagues... meh, is Ritual vs Diablo really a "fuck no" I'd rather do map rituals than play D2R... I just cant get there.

- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 26, 2021, 12:45:25 PM
The truth is Daiblo 2 Remastered is far from interesting at all. It is nothing but an old boring game, that tried to hang on still to something.
The thing is, as I see it, Blizzard is an old dog, that goes on it´s very last straws. We are seeing a Company that really is trying milking out it´s last drops of whatever what it is worth.
Soon all Blizzard content is gone,a nd worth not much at all, really. The true glory days of Blizzard is over. What is it the most of things you see from Blizzard? In fact the same old shit. Over and over and over again. I wonder where the actual NEW shit is. In fact, there is nothing.
And now during their 30th "Anniversary" what do they have as to "celebrate". Digital stuff that nobody actually cares about, any longer. Serioously, who the fuck cares about some kind of old shitty games like Viking stuff and some other 16bit thingy? And what are you paying for this? $20 for some way old crap? WTF?!!
No, seriously. Blizzard is done, gone and dead. It is time to retire.
They will keep miliking what they can, and that is it. New stuff? Forget it.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Personally, and this is purely speculation, I think the D2R launch will be massive. The market is perfect for it this year, and its multi-platform. I fully expect it to be something we look at in terms of Millions.

I absolutely agree.

I think it will be a massive seller, and not just from people who played D2 to death and are looking to revisit it from a nostalgic standpoint, but there are a lot of D3 players that have never played it. I mean, a lot of gamers today weren't even born when that thing came out, there's definitely a massive market for it.

However, I don't see this as being a game that people will play as obsessively as it was played long ago. For one people that did so in it's heyday already did that, and despite the graphics upgrade it is a 20 year old game after all, unlikely to have any new content and it's missing a lot of the convenience that the generation that grew up with D3 expects, so I can't see them viewing this as anything more than a curiosity.

Blizzard will make a ton of money of this, it will sell like hotcakes, and people will fire it up from time to time for sure as it is an awesome game, but that it'll be like a big thing that makes a dent in the D3 and PoE playerbases... I very much don't think so.
"
oblomir wrote:

However, I don't see this as being a game that people will play as obsessively as it was played long ago. For one people that did so in it's heyday already did that, and despite the graphics upgrade it is a 20 year old game after all, unlikely to have any new content and it's missing a lot of the convenience that the generation that grew up with D3 expects, so I can't see them viewing this as anything more than a curiosity.
Official mod support is a pretty big deal though. Depending on how flexible it is, that's a gamechanger in itself.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
How was WC3 reforged?... yeah mhmmm
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Official mod support is a pretty big deal though. Depending on how flexible it is, that's a gamechanger in itself.

Mods are nice but IMHO not really a big draw when it comes to the general ARPG audience. Both Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn are very modable games, but don't come close to popularity of D3 or PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info