Harvest OP

"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
There's the elitist faction that doesn't want anyone to have good items except people who spend 12 hours per day playing.

Then there's the complete noob faction that doesn't understand the game well and gets upset that they have to pay a lot for crafted items that are better than anything that can drop naturally.

Then there's the lazy faction that just wants to kill stuff and gets upset that they have to use a third party tool that removes them from the game to be efficient. I can sympathize with this group and not the others.

Harvest crafting is incredible for the middle class. Too bad it's going to be destroyed by an alliance of noobs and super elite.

Classes? Whatever chomsky. I'm solid middle class and don't like it because it forces you to do it or you're an imbecile and drops mean nothing (other than ilvl 86s you can harvest craft) It's just too strong and out classes everything else in game. Whatever else is shit...get all jun mods? All shit. Get temples, beasts and deep mines? All shit by comparison. Even bossing is shit compared to 6T1 potential.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 19, 2021, 12:28:28 AM
Harvest as it exists is simply bad for the game's long term health. How long did it take for 6 linked white socket bases to become mass produced this league? A week? Sure that can be fine for a league, but every league from here on out? Uncorrupted 6 white sockets should freaking hard to get!

Then add on top of that the insane power of targeted crafting and you have a scenario where it just feels sub-optimal to run anything but maps in boosted harvest regions. I didn't play harvest league, but I know broken when I see it and this mechanic turns every league its in into harvest league. That is parasitic game design and is not healthy for the game's future.

I'm not elitist, never had anything worth more than maybe 20ex if I'm lucky, but part of the excitement of this game is getting that once in a lifetime drop or craft one league. If the best gear is too easy to come by then the allure of the game dwindles and each league starts to feel the same. That's already the case for the hardcore (in terms of play time and experience, not the difficulty) players in the community, but that is a problem of their own making. It's a much bigger problem if that starts to be the case for the vast majority of players. If creating the same GG item(s) is possible each new reset, the game will stop being fun and the only way to keep it going is by introducing bigger, badder item properties to craft, causing an arms race of power creep as players expect each new league to be that much more powerful.

So yeah, GG items should be rare and should remain special, and no I don't need to ever obtain one let alone a whole gear set of them. It's something to chase and one day possibly achieve, not something to be handed out.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
"
yamface wrote:

Unavailable

omegalul

Lol so OP... Definitely 25 mirrors. Is that the best you can show off?

Are you saying this scepter isnt incredibly op?

If anyone wants a proof of how broken is Harvest he shouldn't be watching at this Sceptre.. He should watch at the comment saying that this sceptre is nothing special

Last edited by Asra101010 on Feb 19, 2021, 2:29:43 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
[..] and know more about the game than most everyone [..]

Not just most everyone, they DO know more than everyone. More than some or even most of the devs for sure, given what absolutely braindead things sometimes happen in patches

I wanted to carve out space for people like Vipermagi and certain clever build creators (Neato, Ramyeon, Jousis) who clearly know the intricacies of the game but also aren't the power gamers you think of when you hear the term :)

It is probably fair enough to say that they do know more than everyone, practically speaking.

Ah, I see! You're right, that's an important distinction indeed
"
yamface wrote:
Imagine that. Trading harvest crafts is op in a game that is balanced around trade. In other words it's in need for a nerf. O but it gets even better because meanwhile I see alk over at ssfhc running around with a 900 dps axe so it's not only broken in trade league, it's even broken in the loner leagues too.

What's wrong if someone whose literal job description is "play PoE" gets to see some of the best items in the game? That's like arguing that Dark Souls III is too easy because someone has beaten it in less than 32 minutes.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Let T4T exist I don't care. I suck at crafting, and augment/annul are extremely rare let alone it is time-consuming to hangout in the grove. It should only become an issue in a single-player game when GGG starts balancing bosses around their powerful gears, and make it mandatory for everyone to have 900 DPS weapon to deal with end-game.

And BTW I think my scepter which I found from Ritual is halfway there:

"
Glowy wrote:
Harvest as it exists is simply bad for the game's long term health. How long did it take for 6 linked white socket bases to become mass produced this league? A week? Sure that can be fine for a league, but every league from here on out? Uncorrupted 6 white sockets should freaking hard to get!

Just one remark on that: Isn't that what we'll get with poe 2 anyways? Where all items have maximum links? Are there even still colors that you need to change?
Maybe that's just a step in that direction?
"
Wissle wrote:
"
Glowy wrote:

Just one remark on that: Isn't that what we'll get with poe 2 anyways? Where all items have maximum links? Are there even still colors that you need to change?

Thats not what the trailer showed tho.

According to the trailer items will have max links yes, but the gems dont.
In PoE2 the support gems will be socketed directly into the active skill gem and those wont be 6linked all the time nor will the sockets be white.

You will still have to find 6ls, its just gems now and no longer items and you will still have to color the sockets.
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Wissle wrote:
"
Glowy wrote:

Thats not what the trailer showed tho.

According to the trailer items will have max links yes, but the gems dont.
In PoE2 the support gems will be socketed directly into the active skill gem and those wont be 6linked all the time nor will the sockets be white.

You will still have to find 6ls, its just gems now and no longer items and you will still have to color the sockets.

Ok, I see! Damn, and here I thought there would be one less RNG element -.-
Potentially there is one less RNG element, since the sockets are baked into the active gem.

If their approach doesnt change this should mean all socketed support gems dont need to be linked to support the active gem. Just like the Soulwrest staff works.

If that was true, then fusings should be obsolete and gone.
However I think it would be naive to assume we´ll be able to find as many jewellers as we do right now or rolling max sockets will be as easy as it is right now.

Getting a 6l will still be a grind. Id be shocked if that wasnt the case ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info