Harvest OP

"
The thing is, there isn't much competition in ARPG for the past 8 years. There are however many upcoming ARPG, like D2R, D4

D2R shouldn´t be a big concern, since it is literally the same game as D2 18 years ago with a new skin. In terms of D4 I am following the newest implementations and challenges and while it looks like they are going into the right direction, I am very on the fence here: D3 has not given ANY new content for players for years while PoE gives us new stuff every league and with the most recent endgame update they hit it out of the ballpark. Yes, the argument that the game gets bloated is understandeable, but as I understand it they even adress that issue with the most recent update as you can tailor the endgame mapping to your likings in terms of the league-mechanics you wish to interact with.
With all that - on a basically F2P-Game - Blizzard can shove their new D2 skin up their butts and with a long-term view on D4 I would much rather support GGG with PoE2, simply because they deserve it. May sound a bit fanboyish, but I know that a lot of people acknowledge the work and dedication GGG puts in over the greedyness of Blizzard, who is a shadow of their former glory.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
The thing is, there isn't much competition in ARPG for the past 8 years. There are however many upcoming ARPG, like D2R, D4

D2R shouldn´t be a big concern, since it is literally the same game as D2 18 years ago with a new skin. In terms of D4 I am following the newest implementations and challenges and while it looks like they are going into the right direction, I am very on the fence here: D3 has not given ANY new content for players for years while PoE gives us new stuff every league and with the most recent endgame update they hit it out of the ballpark. Yes, the argument that the game gets bloated is understandeable, but as I understand it they even adress that issue with the most recent update as you can tailor the endgame mapping to your likings in terms of the league-mechanics you wish to interact with.
With all that - on a basically F2P-Game - Blizzard can shove their new D2 skin up their butts and with a long-term view on D4 I would much rather support GGG with PoE2, simply because they deserve it. May sound a bit fanboyish, but I know that a lot of people acknowledge the work and dedication GGG puts in over the greedyness of Blizzard, who is a shadow of their former glory.

[Removed by Support]

PoE is a life service game, with the HIGHEST MTX in a non mobile game.
Google MTX is to expensive. PoE is top 3 results!!!

If you play Grim dawn or somethiung, you can call Blizzard greedy for sure, but PoE. Thats like double though, [Removed by Support]

Apparently Blizzard is the greedy one. D3 is a PaytoPlay game that is not the norm these days. D3 does update often, not the same level as PoE, but they did not get a cent for doing that, Apparently they are the greedy ones. They do not update as often is it is finanically not viable. The top management decide its better to put resources to D4 & make a more financial subtainable model. You can agree or disagree, I am just explain the situation.

I got 30+ pets & 10 or so wings, free stash tab unlocked just for playing D3, I can change my character cosmetic armor at NO cost. For a game that literally doesn't get a cent from me since 2015. I can play 4 players MP without lag, for a game that doesn't earn money from its existing players.

GGG who earn sustainal money from Whales cannot even have stable servers. European servers are a shtshow. I have to try 3-4,5 times before I get logged in, a few mins bofore the game stop looking like slideshow.

Obviously GGG give update, it a live service game that rely on MTX as business model.

YOu know what, D4 & coming arpg games will have continous income model & GGG will have to compete with games that can finanical update regularly.

Maybe then GGG can update the game to be more than (barred a few exceptions), are just mostly more ways to tune your gears & skill tree (& grow power creep) & a few room side levels (often recycled asset) & maybe thorw in another Power creep boss & a couple of mobs that are reskin of existing ones.

With competition, they have to maybe redirect their MTX team to make proper contents to compete. [Removed by Support], this is good right?
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 23, 2021, 11:04:29 AM
"
kiadaw wrote:

PoE is a life service game, with the HIGHEST MTX in a non mobile game.
Google MTX is to expensive. PoE is top 3 results!!!

debatable have you seen some of the stuff valorant has?

"
kiadaw wrote:

If you play Grim dawn or somethiung, you can call Blizzard greedy for sure, but PoE. Thats like double though, or lack self awareness.

Apples and oranges. poe is a live service as you said with a constant content pipeline

Grim dawn and Diablo are note live services. development for both is largely done and they will fade with time.

"
kiadaw wrote:

Apparently Blizzard is the greedy one. D3 is a PaytoPlay game that is not the norm these days. D3 does update often, not the same level as PoE, but they did not get a cent for doing that, Apparently they are the greedy ones. They do not update as often is it is finanically not viable. The top management decide its better to put resources to D4 & make a more financial subtainable model. You can agree or disagree, I am just explain the situation.

D3 is a 2012 game. 2012 was a very different time for video games. live services were no the established norm back then and people seem to constantly forget this. Also A large criticism of diablo 3 is how blizzard pulled support for it after they made their money. So yeah blizzard activision is greedy.

"
kiadaw wrote:

I got 30+ pets & 10 or so wings, free stash tab unlocked just for playing D3, I can change my character cosmetic armor at NO cost. For a game that literally doesn't get a cent from me since 2015. I can play 4 players MP without lag, for a game that doesn't earn money from its existing players.

How many tile sets, acts and expansions does diablo 3 have? You do realize that the original purpose of mtx cosmetics was a cheap method of making money to pay for the more resource intensive and less marketable stuff.

making new shit costs money , making new shit also tends to cause stability issues. Many live service games have buggy patches.

"
kiadaw wrote:

GGG who earn sustainal money from Whales cannot even have stable servers. European servers are a shtshow. I have to try 3-4,5 times before I get logged in, a few mins bofore the game stop looking like slideshow.

ggg is on record as saying they dont make most of their money from whales but rather people doing small payments in the 30 dollar range.

"
kiadaw wrote:

YOu know what, D4 & coming arpg games will have continous income model & GGG will have to compete with games that can finanical update regularly.

What "other" arpgs? If you can't name them then they clearly don't carry enough clout to make a dent in the market.

most live services fail you know. its actually an extremely dangerous business model.

"
kiadaw wrote:

Maybe then GGG can update the game to be more than (barred a few exceptions), are just mostly more ways to tune your gears & skill tree (& grow power creep) & a few room side levels (often recycled asset) & maybe thorw in another Power creep boss & a couple of mobs that are reskin of existing ones.

You do realize most of the stability crap you complain about here are the direct result of ggg preparing to compete with d4 and other games right? They are constantly updating their engine to get closer to next gen levels. Texture streaming and vulkan rendering didn't just pop in to existence .

"
kiadaw wrote:

With competition, they have to maybe redirect their MTX team to make proper contents to compete. EVen if you are POE fanboy, this is good right?

[Removed by Support] Designers are not coders. The artists can't just drop their graphic design tools and start working on engine improvments.

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 23, 2021, 9:53:38 AM
Blizzard is greedy and lazy is why they don't get a pass, I think being greedy but ambitious gets a pass because IMO the effort justifies the attempt to gouge your wallet.

The fact Blizzard's best upcoming development is an outsourced remaster of a 20 year old game summarizes everything wrong with them currently, you can't really put GGG in the same ocean let alone the same boat despite many players many gripes with the game.

Tbh I actually don't think Acti/Blizz have a comparison, maybe in another business sector but within gaming there is no developer with a bigger legacy that does nothing with it you could use them as a truly epic study on brand value.
"
kiadaw wrote:
There are however many upcoming ARPG, like D2R, D4. last epoch as well as Lost Ark (the announced a Western release a while ago).

Don't get me wrong here, PoE may very well be killed by something bigger and better. But is it dying as of now? Of course not. D2R? We might se some numbers change for a league. But without a real end game, I'm not really sure what sort of competition it can provide in 2021. Last Epoch is interesting, but... I dunno. And one thing is certain; D4 and Lost Ark will steal some of the MMO players from PoE. But from what I've seen, Blizzard's stubbornes when it comes to "offense" and "defense" (and nothing more), just make D3 (and probably D4) shallow as hell when it comes to customizations and builds.

Poeple call PoE "arcady" because of the clear speed. Fair enough, not going to debate that. But in my eyes, Diablo 3/4 are the arcady games, because based on your skill of choice, there's one (maybe two) possible routs to build.

But I do agree with your atmosphere-point; Diablo 1 and 2 had some of the best ARPG atmosphere I've ever experienced. Sadly, Diablo 3 killed that a little bit when they turned to a more cartoony art style. Still has a better "world" than PoE. But as long as I can't build my "X" build vastly different than yours, both offensively and defensively, I'm out :)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
kiadaw wrote:

I think statement like XXX game is dead are often BS fanboys' hatred. There are people who claimed Fortnite is dead too....But the opposite happened. Every major entertainment IP wanted to partner with EPIC, Marvel, DC, Star war, Street fighter, Terminator, Predator.

Anyway your points are fine, PoE will not died, it has a very hardcore fanbase. It may however lose userbase to other games. The thing is, there isn't much competition in ARPG for the past 8 years. There are however many upcoming ARPG, like D2R, D4. last epoch as well as Lost Ark (the announced a Western release a while ago).

If D4 has only 1/2 the customization of PoE at launch, I am GG to GGG, so I no one need to tolerate the bad about PoE, like constant Disconnect login issue in Europe, one shot BS, no MPm repetitive instanted levels. I am sure I am not alone.

Remember also, many people who play PoE were Diablo & D2 fan that was disappointed in D3. They or we are still Diablo fans, & to me, I never loved PoE worlds & characters. PoE never bother to make Lore or story a major part of the game. Never even bother to make some simple slideshow 2D cutscene to explain the events, & the half streampunk world just doesn't feel as cool as Santuary & the lore of Diablo.

The fantasy/lore/setting matters not to many, but matter to many. I am the latter. The chracters & world in Dinblo are just vastly superior for me than PoE.

"Everyone else is a fanboy"

"also the lore in PoE sucks because they refuse to beat me over the head with it and I would have to click on items and npcs but also also, give me the franchise that absolutely shredded their own lore in D3 and turned diablo into a non-binary otherkin with tits - that's the lore everyone was pining for!"
[Removed by Support]

Thankfully I am fan of te genre & not worshipper of a game or company.

I don't think Bliizard was the passionate compnay that just want to make great games like in the past. It has turn into another big corp where they made games for profit (instead of making a game, & profit is the natual result) that pander to certain groups & virtiual signal inclusivity & diversity & all these nonsense, while turn blind eyes to atrocities (like CCP) due to hurting their income.

But I will also not pretend GGG is pretty much the same, greedy as others & IMO far more. They create problems then sell solution like the many special tabs. Also Christ accept Tencent $(a corporation that collude with CCP to survey on Chinese & other bad stuff). Why do you think he did so? Don't preten it has nothing with the big check he got. get real.

Resell many existing asets at cost of the game.
Sorry, if you have no issue GGG charge you pretty much cost of D2R for the Maven portal they aready made in game, [Removed by Support] to call Blizzard greedy.

Not forgetting Loot boxes! Loot boxes are pure greed. Does blizzad has loot box,yes, but I did not say they are not greedy.

Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 23, 2021, 11:01:37 AM
i got my awakened multistrike from level 1 to level 5 just in one day

ran into three harvests that had multiple gem mods on them to convert corrupted gems xp into those facetor lenses

used a bunch of corrupted level 3 empower support gems i had kicking around. the 50% xp harvest mod combined with it gives it like 850K xp and made the gem go up almost two levels in just one go lol

i thought i was gonna have to grind the hell out of the game, or try to farm syndicate just to ever get this gem leveled up in a reasonable amount of time. but then i just started dicking around in the game and came across that mod in harvest

im sure there are more efficient ways to do it, but that harvest craft just saved me a hell of alot of time
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Feb 26, 2021, 4:28:05 PM
"
Not forgetting Loot boxes! Loot boxes are pure greed. Does blizzad has loot box,yes, but I did not say they are not greedy.

First of all, is that so hard for you to post something without the support feeling it has to be removed? Less flame, more brain plz.

Secondly: The big difference is that with Blizzard I HAVE TO BUY IT. Here it is my own personal choice.
Harvest isn't "going" after they added a support pack for it, lol.

It might get adjusted in some way. However, you have to take into account that the game is at the end of its life in its current form. On the PoE2 info page, they teased lots of balance changes and "changes to the Passive Skill Tree and other core game systems."

Letting people experience all content more easily with high-end gear being more easily obtainable seems to be in line with big, upcoming changes if you ask me.
Last edited by kriell on Feb 26, 2021, 5:49:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info