Echoes of the Atlas Lore: The Envoy

Fix your game.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
I really love all this Lovecraftian flavor introduced to poe main storyline 👍
Sounds nice!

I have to say tho, the voice acting and design of Maven was the one that has really knocked it out of the park for me!!

its gorgeously teasing and she seems completely mad but also powerful cause its just a freakin game for her! (not for me anymore!! xD)
I really enjoyed interacting with the Envoy while exploring this expansion. I wish there were more unlockable discussion points as we went along, but did appreciate hearing new tidbits here or there as I progressed through the Atlas.
He's such an empty NPC. He does nothing, he can talk all he wants but people, especially with music, aren't going to hear a thing. If anything HE should've been the one to deliver the bosses to Maven as her messanger/slave/apostle or whatever. Instead you talk to him once, then he pops up on the minimap, he's extremely interesting for the first two or three times you find him then completely pointless after. Make him do something, even try to sabotage you for being in the Mavens eye would be amazing, even a sense of jealously would be interesting. Please just do something with this cool character.
For those who dont know the future of Wreaclast and are curious. Be careful though the information contained may be dangerous
Spoiler
At the end Zana will be the final boss. Causing some event that ends the atlas of worlds and allows poe 2 to come into existance. She is no longer human exile!
Honestly I’m so excited to see how the endgame storyline is going to play out and tie into poe 2. A few months ago I read some Lovecraftian horror for the first time and felt so excited to realize that the elder was, well, an eldritch horror. (Yeah I also felt pretty dense just realizing it lol) You guys have come so far over the years and I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Keep up the awesome work you guys! :D
"
Toshis8 wrote:
From one perspective Envoy's purpose is to introduce player to new mechanics and what is coming, but from another perspective, why Envoy is interested in telling those messages to the player? Why he cares?

Edit:

This whole Atlas thing isnt very clear. Is it another dimension/universe? Multiverse? It cant be the same universe where we live, because maps abide to different rules, right?

Also, both Elder and Maven arent some primordial beings born in the vacuum of space. From the way they are visually shown, they have culture, technology, craftmanship - Wearing clothes, jewellery and trinkets. Similar to human civilization. Tho i might be wrong here, havent seen all the lore given by Envoy.

1: The Envoy is basically Maven's babysitter, and her obsession with watching the player kill stuff forces him to be around us... Plus, the poor guy probably hasn't had another adult to talk to in about a trillion years.

2: Zana is pretty explicit about the Atlas being a multiverse.

3: They only look human because they are interacting with humans. Those aren't their true forms.
"
orkybash wrote:
Guys, please read the room. The game is still unplayable for so many people because of the texture loading issues. I was personally hoping to see a "what we're working on", to see a lore piece instead is a bit deflating.

unplayable? textures taking a couple seconds to load in is now unplayable?

lol
I love the Atlas Lore and where its going and the aesthetic of the Envoy and the Maven are perfectly tailored to my personal tastes it seems. Great work and i can't wait to see more!

Now PLEASE fix the texture loading issue and all of these insane frame rate issues in maps and especially rituals in maps.. thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info