Echoes of the Atlas Lore: The Envoy

"
sirgog wrote:
A question about the Envoy.

Did he exist as an independent entity prior to Sirus et al defeating the Elder?

So many things about the Envoy make me think that he is a sliver of Sirus's soul ripped away during his time in stasis.

Interesting thought
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Is there anyway to shut him up?
I pretty much don't care for lore, I want to kill things.
Also, I don't like things talking to me without my consent. "Still sane, exile?" is ok, short line, i notice there is someone to talk to.
Reading a full novel to me, only ever shutting up if I'm explicitly clicking on it, is not.
It's one of these features which should be opt-in, not opt-out...
Is there a way to opt-out anyway?
I love the feeling of the envoy and the touch of having his voice be globally is so good <3
He's really cool the voice acting is amazing and really does create an ominous atmosphere. I can't wait to Maven's parents come to see who's beating their child.
"
MorganLeFlay wrote:
Is there anyway to shut him up?
I pretty much don't care for lore, I want to kill things.
Also, I don't like things talking to me without my consent. "Still sane, exile?" is ok, short line, i notice there is someone to talk to.
Reading a full novel to me, only ever shutting up if I'm explicitly clicking on it, is not.
It's one of these features which should be opt-in, not opt-out...
Is there a way to opt-out anyway?
what about voice level in the settings?
filler lore ayy, but it's fine I guess, VA is always good
Love the Envoy. His lines are super interesting. If I had any small feedback, it would be the "whispers" could use a bit more distortion - right now they border on "creepy pervert" whispers rather than "mysterious ethereal voices" whispers.
Game keeps crashing randomly every 10 to 15 minutes, servers very unstable, textures not working correctly and I'm reading a post about lore...
Really though?
That's pretty sick! lol
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
At this point we could really lose the Conquerors and still have a lot to do. At least tune them down a bit so that they're not a barrier to progress. The problem with a barrier like that is that if you work to overcome it, 99.9% of the content is made trivial. It's nice to face bosses. But a boss that's too hard relative to the monsters it's placed with makes those monsters utterly worthless. The barrier is too high. Sure, we can get over it. But in doing so we ruin the rest of the game.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 25, 2021, 11:58:38 AM
please fix the map after ritual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info