Echoes of the Atlas Lore: The Envoy

nice
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
orkybash wrote:
Guys, please read the room. The game is still unplayable for so many people because of the texture loading issues. I was personally hoping to see a "what we're working on", to see a lore piece instead is a bit deflating.

you are rude and inconsiderate. I -highly- doubt the lore folk are the same as the developer folk. This is not the avenue to make this comment. Perhaps reddit?
"
Zillarax wrote:
"
Toshis8 wrote:
From one perspective Envoy's purpose is to introduce player to new mechanics and what is coming, but from another perspective, why Envoy is interested in telling those messages to the player? Why he cares?

Edit:

This whole Atlas thing isnt very clear. Is it another dimension/universe? Multiverse? It cant be the same universe where we live, because maps abide to different rules, right?

Also, both Elder and Maven arent some primordial beings born in the vacuum of space. From the way they are visually shown, they have culture, technology, craftmanship - Wearing clothes, jewellery and trinkets. Similar to human civilization. Tho i might be wrong here, havent seen all the lore given by Envoy.

1: The Envoy is basically Maven's babysitter, and her obsession with watching the player kill stuff forces him to be around us... Plus, the poor guy probably hasn't had another adult to talk to in about a trillion years.

2: Zana is pretty explicit about the Atlas being a multiverse.

3: They only look human because they are interacting with humans. Those aren't their true forms.

Agree. Maven is just a Baby who wants to play.

More fighting. More.
i have a few things to say about these npc´s.

The envoy:
Great character! The only point of contention is that the randomness in when he appears and talks made me miss some dialogues because i simply did not hear that he was talking.

The Maven:
As you say in the post "An NPC is often made or broken by its voice actor", in this case i do not have a thing to say about the coice acting itself, it is fine, but the "effects" you placed on the voice is waay to much for me, her voice because of the effects are really bothering me.
I like the implementation, especially that I can keep running and still hear his voice lines. Much better than previous dialogue from other npcs and especially lore notes.
Fix. Your. Game.
A question about the Envoy.

Did he exist as an independent entity prior to Sirus et al defeating the Elder?

So many things about the Envoy make me think that he is a sliver of Sirus's soul ripped away during his time in stasis.
Le Toucan Will Return
I like Envoy's dialogues, well done, thank you for more information.
game too lag for me notice him :)); just died more 100 times cause lag
It's hard to say that this is one of the best characters because honestly there's not a character in this game that hasn't been taken care of in terms of voiceover(i feel the voice directors also deserve a praise here). My personal favorites were Haku(deep and resolute), Izaro(formidable and wise), Niles(sharp and playful) and now the Envoy(calm and eternal). Keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info