[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Prov1eh wrote:
Do you mind sharing a PoB for your character? I looked through it on here but would love to use it to play around a bit with my build.

POE Ninja / Profile / PoB import

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/whiterockxx/White_Scourge?i=10&search=item%3DThe-Whispering-Ice

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whiterockxx/characters?characterName=White_Scourge

https://pastebin.com/G9fJDXSa
Last edited by whiterockxx on Oct 27, 2021, 7:01:45 PM
Mana update:

I added back Inspiration for mana sustain.

In the mapping staff it replaces Inc AoE. In the boss staff it replaced CD (which would have to go anyway because of the EO changes) or CP. In both cases it makes getting the right colors much easier.

Not quite sure what changed in 3.16 that brought back mana issues. Perhaps that part in the patch notes about CwC? Maybe in 3.15 it was not increasing the mana cost of Icestorm.
Given how not reliant on flasks the build is, I've just relegated a flask slot to enduring mana flask. I haven't had any problems outside of long boss fights really so it's been pretty solid. Maybe if I run oom a bunch I'll switch but once int gets high enough it should be ok.

I'm planning on messing with glancing blows like white has been, it looks pretty cool. I'll let you know how it works out for me once I get it rolling. I can't give up bloom tho, pops are too cracked and honestly I feel like my clear would be so sloppy without it.

I wanted to ask, have you ever tried wave of conviction instead of ball lightning on the hextouch link? Or is there some reason that would be worse/doesn't work? I'm just curious because at least visually wave looks like it hits more stably than ball lightning.
"
Budewnpa wrote:
I wanted to ask, have you ever tried wave of conviction instead of ball lightning on the hextouch link? Or is there some reason that would be worse/doesn't work? I'm just curious because at least visually wave looks like it hits more stably than ball lightning.

For the Occultist, PWoC lv 7 can be a part of the chest link. It just requires a 6L chest.
Hello since 6L %int int or flat %int chest are expensive early on league. What should I go with a 6L or %int chest? thank you in advance.
"
minato3 wrote:
nope, i'm try to play safe, almost don't touch the legue button, not enough damage to overleech damage, I think this is the main reason I'll take a little pause (I hope) until the EO hot fix comes out

Not sure how you die that much then, and to what. What exactly kills you?

I have 6.7k ES currently and I feel just fine in red maps, even though my gear is still crap and my damage is very low. I've died almost exclusively to pushing too far in the league mechanic, reaching 200+ stacks sometimes - which is obviously very unsafe. But since the league rewards are very underwhelming so far (even GGG post indicates that they are considering buffing the rewards), I've learned to restrain myself and stop clicking that button before I get 1-shot :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Budewnpa wrote:

For the Occultist, PWoC lv 7 can be a part of the chest link. It just requires a 6L chest.

Yeah I was wondering if we still had to use ball lightning in that case, or if we could just use pwoc-hex-2 curses-cwdt-culling. Does ball lightning do something I'm not aware of?

Also, idk if it's cwdt or mob m echanics or something sometimes I get stuck with no mana and like no regen for a sec. idk what that is exactly. I agree that it's kinda hard to die without it being my fault but I'm scared to greed and push damage because dying feels bad when it does happen and this league is pretty rippy.
Been playing this build again this league and it's been doing good.

I went the vile bastion way before getting some stun avoidance corruption jewels (went for lower int brute force/fertile minds with that corrupt for now as they were pretty cheap), but in retrospect just getting the stun avoid cluster would have been way better.

I still got a fairly low budget gear for now, around 5-6ex, and been farming AL8 conqs and shaper/elder without issue. Got a lucky drop today so will be looking at the %int chest or %int rings.

Just got a %int synth belt base so I am gonna start by crafting this one.

Farming good scourge corrupt for astramentis and WI but no luck for now, looks like a lot of decent upgrades for us though if you can bother, flat int in a lot of spots pretty much.

Stayed with inspiration the whole time as it makes mana management a non issue mostly, though I also run a mana flask for edge cases.

Gotta say the purity of elements changes really makes this build's life a lot easier on the witch's side, capping resists is actually easy and allows you to get some nice int upgrades faster and cheaper as you can sacrifice good resist rolls on the rings.

No giga thread of hope value sucks but it is what it is.

Also been going Ghost Reaver and just gave up on any leech nodes except the annoint, and it's been more than enough, though the no es regen thing took some getting used to.
Last edited by Chibitya on Oct 27, 2021, 10:22:49 PM
"
Chibitya wrote:
Been playing this build again this league and it's been doing good.

I went the vile bastion way before getting some stun avoidance corruption jewels (went for lower int brute force/fertile minds with that corrupt for now as they were pretty cheap), but in retrospect just getting the stun avoid cluster would have been way better.

I still got a fairly low budget gear for now, around 5-6ex, and been farming AL8 conqs and shaper/elder without issue. Got a lucky drop today so will be looking at the %int chest or %int rings.

Just got a %int synth belt base so I am gonna start by crafting this one.

Farming good scourge corrupt for astramentis and WI but no luck for now, looks like a lot of decent upgrades for us though if you can bother, flat int in a lot of spots pretty much.

Stayed with inspiration the whole time as it makes mana management a non issue mostly, though I also run a mana flask for edge cases.

Gotta say the purity of elements changes really makes this build's life a lot easier on the witch's side, capping resists is actually easy and allows you to get some nice int upgrades faster and cheaper as you can sacrifice good resist rolls on the rings.

No giga thread of hope value sucks but it is what it is.

Also been going Ghost Reaver and just gave up on any leech nodes except the annoint, and it's been more than enough, though the no es regen thing took some getting used to.

I'm still using a 75/58 block with glancing blows for now because I'm not sure if I switched to full ES i'd have enough to take hits. Are you using anything else for defenses besides ES pool?

I imagine at some point I would have enough int/strong enough gear to switch off block but for now it's working ok. Damage could probably be a bit better but overall is quite stable.

I imagine reaver would be quite strong but it feels so off to transition...
Can someone explain to me how to make this build work (for me)? I keep dying and cant make enough currency to progress myself.

I have like not even 3,500 es which I can't increase and my damage is mediocre I think I'm too smooth brain for this...lmao

I might be better off playing my totem build but this one looks dope.
Berserk is a good manga

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info