[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

well after like 4 leagues that i didnt play i am going to start with this build again

and i am a bit confsued to why everyone talk about stun avoidance the new awakaned CWC is here and he is like 20c?

Avoid Interruption from Stuns While Using Supported Skills

doesnt that just mean you are immune to stuns while you cast cyclone?

going to start with this build and see if i invest in it cus i REALLY love this build but the dmg on mobile bosses is just pain so i will see how it goes with the new tree :o

and i am not sure if its just me but the pob data is missing a lot of points/items/skills
Last edited by phantom_god on Oct 28, 2021, 4:03:52 AM
"
phantom_god wrote:
well after like 4 leagues that i didnt play i am going to start with this build again

and i am a bit confsued to why everyone talk about stun avoidance the new awakaned CWC is here and he is like 20c?

Yes, it grants stun avoidance at Gem level 5, the gem costs 20c at Gem level 1 and takes quite a while to be leveled to 5 until then you do need another way of stun avoidance otherwise the build feels pretty bad, when I checked a day ago Awakened CWC gem lvl 4 was already 6ex+.

"
Can someone explain to me how to make this build work (for me)? I keep dying and cant make enough currency to progress myself.

I have like not even 3,500 es which I can't increase and my damage is mediocre I think I'm too smooth brain for this...lmao

I might be better off playing my totem build but this one looks dope.

Yes, it's no surprise you keep dying, 3500 ES is nowhere near enough for this build to function, you should aim for at least 5-6k for early maps and a lot more later on. You're using uniques in a lot of slots that provide little to no ES and aren't recommended for this Build, you need rares in a lot of slots with High +Int and as much ES as possible otherwise this build won't function.
Last edited by Prov1eh on Oct 28, 2021, 5:55:36 AM
Hi, I feel like I'm talking a lot of damage and it's causing me to die. I was just wondering how to we mitigate damage when following the classic tree? Thanks!
"
DigitalXenon wrote:
Hi, I feel like I'm talking a lot of damage and it's causing me to die. I was just wondering how to we mitigate damage when following the classic tree? Thanks!

Do you have a PoB we can look at perhaps?
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
Prov1eh wrote:
Do you mind sharing a PoB for your character? I looked through it on here but would love to use it to play around a bit with my build.

POE Ninja / Profile / PoB import

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/whiterockxx/White_Scourge?i=10&search=item%3DThe-Whispering-Ice

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whiterockxx/characters?characterName=White_Scourge

https://pastebin.com/G9fJDXSa

Thanks, I've adjusted my tree accordingly, slightly less Int now but my survivability is a lot better, gonna stick to this until I have enough currency to get gear with so much ES that I can just tank raw hits.
"
"
DigitalXenon wrote:

https://pastebin.com/erhr5jFy

(I think I made the paste bin right I never exported one before.)

Edit: I think I found a part of the problem, I don't have the CWDT set up yet because I went broke crafting and can't afford chromes lmao.
Last edited by DigitalXenon on Oct 28, 2021, 6:43:50 AM
Having a large issue with defensives currently.
2.3k int
9.1k ES
basically every mob that hits me deals atleast half my health and bosses one shot me basically all the time, what am i doing wrong?

char : RageIcey
PoB : https://pastebin.com/A1cT9i7z
"
DigitalXenon wrote:
"
"
DigitalXenon wrote:

https://pastebin.com/erhr5jFy

(I think I made the paste bin right I never exported one before.)

Edit: I think I found a part of the problem, I don't have the CWDT set up yet because I went broke crafting and can't afford chromes lmao.

CWDT does make a difference yes, try it and see if you still take so much damage, then we can always look at the situation again ^^
"
Budewnpa wrote:

I'm still using a 75/58 block with glancing blows for now because I'm not sure if I switched to full ES i'd have enough to take hits. Are you using anything else for defenses besides ES pool?

I imagine at some point I would have enough int/strong enough gear to switch off block but for now it's working ok. Damage could probably be a bit better but overall is quite stable.

I imagine reaver would be quite strong but it feels so off to transition...

Think for "easy" bosses like shaper/sirus the defenses should be enough once you reach 8k ish ES, I have 9k5 right now and I can tank a shaper slap for example.

I would assume people who have issues clearing maps are using it wrong and like cycloning all the way to a pack of mobs in dangerous maps/high scourge stacks, you should be using frostblink a lot to get behind the mob pack after you got one or two icestorm starting to cast on it, they will die from those + profane bloom chain reaction and you will dodge all the dangerous stuff (some scourge mobs absolutely will shit on you with lasers/cleave attack if you just run at them cycloning). I started mapping with 4k ES and that was a pain but once I got to 6-7k you are tanky enough to do red maps pretty much.

Same goes for bosses, the build can tank a lot of the one hit stuff with the big es pool, like the big slams, but you will die to all the multi hit stuff if you just stand there under the baran missiles that explode on the ground for example, until you reach really high es pool.
"
Chibitya wrote:

Think for "easy" bosses like shaper/sirus the defenses should be enough once you reach 8k ish ES, I have 9k5 right now and I can tank a shaper slap for example.

I would assume people who have issues clearing maps are using it wrong and like cycloning all the way to a pack of mobs in dangerous maps/high scourge stacks, you should be using frostblink a lot to get behind the mob pack after you got one or two icestorm starting to cast on it, they will die from those + profane bloom chain reaction and you will dodge all the dangerous stuff (some scourge mobs absolutely will shit on you with lasers/cleave attack if you just run at them cycloning). I started mapping with 4k ES and that was a pain but once I got to 6-7k you are tanky enough to do red maps pretty much.

Same goes for bosses, the build can tank a lot of the one hit stuff with the big es pool, like the big slams, but you will die to all the multi hit stuff if you just stand there under the baran missiles that explode on the ground for example, until you reach really high es pool.

I see. I might ty transition off block fully when I get to 2k int or so, or at least splits+cluster. I'm still completing atlas so it will be a bit.

The small costs this league feel a lot worse than they did the last time I played. Maybe it's just because it's still early.

When I'm not broke (I am always broke lmao I can't resist gambling small currency constantly) I need to get a pair of cwc to start leveling them and also scour my pwoc to replace ball lightning I think. Then I'll have room for frost shield, which might help...
Last edited by Budewnpa on Oct 28, 2021, 11:30:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info