[3.15] Bladestorm Jugg - Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start, Mostly Uniques, Maven Down!

Hey there, Im running into a dps check issue getting into like 11 or 12 maps. bosses taking for ever is the main issue. i like top out at 50k dps during burst windows with serk.

Wondering if you can take a quick look at my build and give me any pointers?

Ignore the chest its for the appearance lol.

i THINK its just because of gear, in that case its mainly a currency bottleneck just gotta try to farm currency then. But i feel like im doing something incorrectly.

Thanks!
"
MidnightMan wrote:
Hey there, Im running into a dps check issue getting into like 11 or 12 maps. bosses taking for ever is the main issue. i like top out at 50k dps during burst windows with serk.

i THINK its just because of gear, in that case its mainly a currency bottleneck just gotta try to farm currency then. But i feel like im doing something incorrectly.

Thanks!

I'm not the OP but my first recommendation would be to stick some physical damage on your rings.

It's also not in your question BUT the gem levels on your CWDT + Molten Shell + Vulnerability are... well they're poor. You've levelled them too high. Try and use the following, vulnerability proc'ing more often will increase your dps (In theory):

CWDT level 3
Molten Shell level 11
Vulnerability level 7

You want them low to be compatible with low CWDT (Cast when damage taken) so they proc often. If you're tanky, likelihood is you're not proc'ing these things often. Just my two cents.

I know you said you are using a burst window. To be clear, you're using the ancestral warchief aye?
Last edited by Shadowcasuse on Aug 2, 2021, 11:49:39 AM
ill check out those changes.

by burst window I mean berserk mainly, once I get my stacks of rage.

I try to keep warchief up basically 100% of the time, especially on bosses.
"
Shadowcasuse wrote:
"
MidnightMan wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not the OP but my first recommendation would be to stick some physical damage on your rings.

It's also not in your question BUT the gem levels on your CWDT + Molten Shell + Vulnerability are... well they're poor. You've levelled them too high. Try and use the following, vulnerability proc'ing more often will increase your dps (In theory):

CWDT level 3
Molten Shell level 11
Vulnerability level 7

You want them low to be compatible with low CWDT (Cast when damage taken) so they proc often. If you're tanky, likelihood is you're not proc'ing these things often. Just my two cents.

I know you said you are using a burst window. To be clear, you're using the ancestral warchief aye?

So I upgraded my rings, both now have phys dmg on them and that seems to have helped a bit. But I still feel like I kill bosses super slow. I also fixed the gem level with the CWTD link. which also feels better. so that's an improvement. at least for maps, aside from bosses.
"
MidnightMan wrote:
"
Shadowcasuse wrote:
"
MidnightMan wrote:

Thanks!

CWDT level 3
Molten Shell level 11
Vulnerability level 7

So I upgraded my rings, both now have phys dmg on them and that seems to have helped a bit. But I still feel like I kill bosses super slow. I also fixed the gem level with the CWTD link. which also feels better. so that's an improvement. at least for maps, aside from bosses.

First, thank you "Shadowcasuse" for helping out!

Second, all I can say is: "Welcome to 3.15!"

I understand the struggle, but this is beyond my control. Up until 3.14 you were able to use Replica Wings for T16 mapping. It wasn't the fastest clear, but it was sufficient to let you farm to make currency to buy the swords. With the new changes, everyone is struggling. I am struggling to get past T14 (with Smite, not Bladestorm) and some things are taking forever to kill. That's just the reality of things for everyone, pretty much.

BUT! There are issues with your setup that need to be fixed...

1) Where is your "Ancestral Protector" totem? You're supposed to be using both Ancestral Protector + Vaal Warchief. You don't ever use the regular Warchief. You use Protector as often as you can, and both Protector + Vaal Warchief, when fighting bosses/tanky mobs.

2) Also, not sure if you realize, but Thread of Hope has sizes, and you are using the wrong size, so it's completely useless. You need a "passives in" "Large ring", not a "Small". So that it reaches "Panopticon". A Div can reroll the size, but it will also re-roll the resistances, so you may be better off buying one already rolled and selling this one. Anyway, point is, if you don't have a Large ToH, at the very least I recommend you anoint "Panopticon" on your amulet, as our totems are giving us a HUGE boost to DPS and that is one of the biggest boosts we can get.

3) You need a "Corrupted Blood" immunity Jewel somewhere. The boots give you Bleed Immunity, but that no longer covers "CB", so either run a flask with "CB" or a jewel.

4) You already have a "phys attk dmg leeched as mana" jewel, so you shouldn't need a Mana flask. You can grab "Sin's Rebirth" or "Lion's Roar", even "Vorana's Preparation" is pretty decent.

5) Change the Jade flask to Stibnite/Granite with "Grounding" and "Iron Skin" or the "CB" I mentioned earlier. May also want to get some utility in that Diamond, or grab one of the cheap unique flasks like Lion's instead.

GL
Last edited by corosou on Aug 3, 2021, 10:26:11 AM
Thanks for the build! It's pretty tanky and strong, which is important in this painful league. Easy to start and min-max. Special thanks for the step by step explanation of the gear.

My Gear.
Spoiler

Last edited by HepatitHenrik on Aug 3, 2021, 3:36:50 PM
"
HepatitHenrik wrote:
Thanks for the build! It's pretty tanky and strong, which is important in this painful league. Easy to start and min-max. Special thanks for the step by step explanation of the gear.

My Gear.
Spoiler

Hello, do you really feel tanky vs league mechanic? I started with this build and I was getting oneshot a lot.
"
lampicka95 wrote:
"
HepatitHenrik wrote:

My Gear.
Spoiler

Hello, do you really feel tanky vs league mechanic? I started with this build and I was getting oneshot a lot.

I'm glad to hear it! Looking good :)

Thanks for letting me know about your progress in 3.15
"
lampicka95 wrote:

Hehe, everyone is getting one shot! Especially getting started, that's not the build's fault.

You can see HC builds made by the top streamers getting randomly one shot.

All you have to do is check the latest Gamer For Life video on youtube to see what I'm talking about.

GL
"
corosou wrote:
"
lampicka95 wrote:

Hehe, everyone is getting one shot! Especially getting started, that's not the build's fault.

You can see HC builds made by the top streamers getting randomly one shot.

All you have to do is check the latest Gamer For Life video on youtube to see what I'm talking about.

GL

Yea ofc, I never meant it's build's fault, I rerolled into hoa jugg, which helped cuz I can just run around and my crawler does the job but still getting some big hits :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info