[3.15] Bladestorm Jugg - Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start, Mostly Uniques, Maven Down!

-::- 3.15 Bladestorm Juggernaut -::-

-::- Introduction -::-
Spoiler
Hi guys, this build is what I played in 3.13, 3.14, and completed all content with. It's based on the work I did on my 3.12 Smite Jugg guide.

3.15 details: I need to do some STD testing with my Ultimatum toon, look at what flasks to use now and a few other small details, but, for the most part, everything remains the same and you should be able to follow the guide just like in 3.14.

My profile is public and you can see my Ultimatum character all setup:

Standard - "Corosse".

Keep in mind the gear I am currently using and the PoB exports here on the main post can go out of date quickly, so make sure to check the last pages on the thread as I post updates often that are not part of the main post.

If you don't know me, I've made quite a few builds in the past, most popular being 'ScourgeFlurry' back in the 2.6-3.0 days.

My last two builds are:

3.12 Smite Jugg

3.11 Infernal Blow Champ

Take comfort in knowing that if I release a guide, I've taken the time to test and made sure the build is worthy of it. I stand by my work, show videos for you to judge for yourselves, and you can always ask questions here or in-game, but depending on the complexity of it, I may ask you to post it here for me to write a detailed answer.

Also, please leave a comment here to let me know if you're playing this and if enjoying the build or not. It's always nice to hear from players trying out my crazy niche builds.

-::- Short Videos -::-
Spoiler

**Click each image for full HQ GIF with sound

3.14 Ultimatum Trialmaster - Boss Kill

3.14 T16 Hydra - Boss Kill in ~1 second

3.13 Maven's Writ - Boss Kill

3.13 Simulacrum - Wave 20 Kosis

3.13 Maven Invitation - The Twisted

3.13 Maven Invitation - The Formed

3.13 Heart of the Grove - Boss Kill

3.13 T16 Minotaur - Boss Kill

3.13 T16 Chimera - Ritual Boss Kill

3.12 Simulacrum - Wave 20 Kosis Standard DPS Test/Instance Crash

3.12 T16 Minotaur + Metamorph - Standard DPS Test

-::- Long Videos -::-

-::- FAQ -::-
Spoiler

Why Bladestorm? Because it's a great skill! It has built in Blind and Bleed, it lets you cast upto 4 storms (with helm enchant) that cover a large area and continue to do damage/leech/blind/bleed, while you move around. This means you have great clear, but also insane single target damage (see some of the latest pages for videos I've posted of fast boss kills). In short, if you give it a try, I think you'll be pleased.

Do you need to use all uniques? No, you can go rares for things like Tailwind, etc. I just like the challenge of working with all uniques.

Do you need Watcher's Eye? No, the Standard Test videos are without it.

Why a Jugg? Jugg has a lot of little things going for it. Things like: not having to worry about accuracy, immunity to freeze/chill/temporal chains, Endurance Charges, Accuracy > DPS stacking and a bit of MS. But, if you prefer, you can convert this into a Champ, Glad, Slayer, whatev, and it should work fine.

How does the Emancipation Belt work? You get hit > You get Cursed with Temporal Chains (don't worry! we're immune to the effect, so it doesn't matter) > You pop a Warding flask > You lose Temporal Curse > You gain Max Rage > You pop Berserk > Repeat.

Which Paradoxica mods do I want? Phys + Bleed/Poison, Attack Speed + Quality. The trade website has a "Copy Item" button. Use that, import your character into PoB, paste the item you copied from the trade site, and you'll be able to see the DPS/stats the item gives you.

I don't have enough mana, what do I do? Annoint "Spirit Void" and turn off "Precision" or "Herald of Purity", until you can get Enlighten 4, Fuel the Fight Cluster Jewel and/or -mana cost jewel/jewelry/chest. You can grab in the tree "Life and Mana Leech" right below "Vaal Pact". You can also get a Jewel with Mana Leech like this:

Which Cluster/Megalomaniac mods do I want? You only NEED "Fuel The Fight" for the Mana leech, any others are a bonus. To find other good Cluster mods to get: PoB > Tree > Show Node Power: Combined DPS > Power Report > Show Clusters

How tanky is this build? Tanky enough to do all content, but it only has ~5.5k life, which is enough. You can go higher using rare items instead. You can also explore lowlife as an option, but I haven't done that myself.

Where can I see a leveling tree? You will notice that my tree changes from PoB to PoB. I know a lot of you feel you need to know from level 1 to end-game where you should path in the tree, but the sooner you become comfortable with the idea of adjusting your tree according to circumstance, your current gear, your play-style, etc., the better player you will be in the long run. So, my suggestion is to read the tree, take the time to learn what each node does, read each skill gem, learn what each requires and how to best scale them. That way you will always know what nodes in the tree you should grab. Also know that to level you just grab whatever gives you the most damage, then once you reach maps/end-game you worry about resistances, tankyness, etc. Finally, Regret orbs are cheap, and you get a ton of them Delving, so if you're low, hit the Mine.

Can this build do Sirus? Yes, I have done Sirus 9. Check DonTheCrown's video for mechanics help: https://youtu.be/9X4TAEdL0a8

I see you start with axes, but then use swords? Yes, leveling with axes is cheap and easy and Replica Wings of Entropy will let you do T16 content, until you can afford Paradoxica/Saviour. Check the leveling gear section to see how to progress your gear from cheap to end-game. Also check my poe.ninja profile "Snapshots" (top right) to see the gear/tree as I progressed: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?time-machine=week-13&skill=Bladestorm&sort=dps

Is this build good for Uber Lab/Uber Uber Lab? Yes, this is a pretty good Lab Farmer and using the Chain Hook Hydrosphere Rage swap weapon setup, you can pre-load full Rage for Berserk and take out Uber Uber Izaro pretty quick. Just don't run Uber Lab using Abyssus, unless you know what you're doing - use Devoto's/Stark instead for safety and speed.

How do I gain Rage without Emancipation belt? Swap weapons > Cast Hydrosphere > Attack with Frenzy till 3 Frenzy Charges > Attack with Chain Hook until max Rage > Swap weapons > Blood and Sand > Attack Boss (Popping Totems + Banner + Berserk + Flasks)

Off-Hand setup:

-::- Leveling -::-

Spoiler
Leveling Video
Spoiler
Follow Tytykiller's Bladestorm 3:40 A10 Kitava: https://youtu.be/eomt2BbnDhM**Thanks Tyty!

If you are new to the game, I suggest opening this up on a second monitor and following along with Tyty. Just pause when he gets ahead of you.

Yes, I know his tree is different. It doesn't matter. You just want to get to maps as quickly as possible to start farming currency/gear. Then you worry about switching into my build/tree. Also, remember that Regret orbs are cheap and you can farm them in Delve behind broken walls.

Weapon Vendor Recipe
Spoiler
Use this to upgrade your weapons:

Act Checklists
Spoiler

Act 1
Spoiler
Buy: Red-Red-Green, Chance to Bleed, War Banner, Blood and Sand, Maim, Iron Rings

Reward: Quicksilver, Onslaught, Ancestral Protector, Steel Skin, Added Fire, Leap Slam, Sunder

Path: Town > Coast > Flats > Submerged > Coast > Tidal > Town(Buy) > Submerged(Portal@Flooded) > Prison > Town > Portal@Flooded > Town(Buy) > Prison(Trial) > Graveyard(Portal@Fairgraves) > Cave > Merveil > Town > Portal@Fairgraves > Town > Merveil > Town > S.Forest(A2)

Skills:
Ground Slam + Chance Bleed/Added Fire + Onslaught
Sunder + Added Fire + Onslaught (LVL 12)
Ancestral Protector + Ruthless/Maim
Blood and Sand
War Banner
Steelskin
Leap Slam

Tree: Versatility > Strong Arm

Weapon: Jade Hatchet, Boarding Axe

Pickup: Rustic Sash, Essences

Need: Alterations(Buy gems A2), Red Sockets

Nice: Movement Boots

Optimal: Merveil(LVL 12-13)

Act 2
Spoiler
Buy: Herald of Purity, Blood Rage, Close Combat, Rage, Melee Phys

Reward: Herald of Ash, Faster Attacks

Path: Chamber Sins(Trial, Fidelitas) > Town > Riverways > Western > Weaver > Town > Crossroads > Bridge > Kraityn(Kill) > Town > Riverways > Wetlands > Oak(Kill) > Waypoint > Western > Alira(Help) > Blackguards > Town > Crossroads > Fellshrine > Crypt(Trial) > Town > Town(A1) > Wetlands(A2) > V.Ruins > Forest > Caverns > A.Pyramid > Town > Sarn(A3)

Skills: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks

Tree: Barbarism > Slaughter

Weapon: Cleaver, Boarding Axe

Pickup: Leather Belt(Essence), Topaz Ring, Two-Stone Ring

Optimal: Vaal Oversoul(LVL 21-22)

Act 3
Spoiler
Buy: Bladestorm, Rallying Cry, Pride, Fortify

Reward: Vulnerability, Jade Amulet, Ancestral Warchief

Path: Sarn > Slums > Crematorium(Trial) > Town > Sewers > Marketplace > Catacombs(Trial) > Town > Marketplace > Battlefront > Docks(Full Clear XP) > Town > Battlefront > Solaris > Sewers(Recipe) > Barracks(Gravicious) > Lunaris > Town > Barracks > Gardens(Trial) > Town > Lab(Waypoint only) > Gardens > Scepter > A4

Skills:
Sunder + Added Fire + Melee Phys + Onslaught
Blade Storm(LVL 28) + Rage + Melee Phys + Close Combat
Ancestral Warchief(LVL 28) + Maim

Tree: Heart of the Warrior > Warrior’s Blood > Call to Arms

Weapons: Decorative Axe > Spectral Axe

Pickup: Giant Life Flask, 4L(3R,1G)

Optimal: Dominus(LVL 28-29)

Act 4
Spoiler
Reward: Flame Golem

Path: Aqueduct > Dried Lake (Recipe) > Town > Mines(LVL 30) > Veins > Town > Lab(31) > Veins > Daresso > Kaom > Town > HO(Craft Life&Res) > Veins > Belly(Don’t Curse Doedre) > Town > Ascent > Pens > A5

Skills: Pride(@Single Target Bosses)

Tree: Brinkmanship > Soul Steel > Blood Less

Weapons: Decorative Axe > Spectral Axe > Tomahawk > Wrist Chopper

Pickup: Jewellery

Optimal: Malachai(LVL 35)

Act 5
Spoiler
Rewards: Two-Stone Ring(Check Res), Silver Flask

Path: Pens > Blocks(Miasmeter) > Square > Courts > Innocence > Courts > Square > Ossuary(Recipe) > HO(Craft Phys Weapons) > Square(Portal@Cathedral) > Reliquary > Town > Square(Portal) > Cathedral > A6

Tree: Resolute Technique > Cleaving > Splitting Strikes

Skills: Pride(@Innocence)

Optimal: Innocence(39-40), Cap Res 105

Act 6
Spoiler
Rewards: STR Helm

Path: Coast > Flats > Fortress(Tukohama, Recipe) > Ridge > Town > Twilight > Ridge > Prison(Trial, Recipe) > Tower > Town > Gate > W.Forest > Riverways > S.Forest > Cavern > Beacon > Reef > Town > A7

Skills: Blade Storm + Rage + Fortify(LVL Melee Phys) + Close Combat

Optimal: King(LVL 47)

Act 7
Spoiler
Rewards: Granite Flask

Path: Bridge(Locket) > Crossroads > Ruins > Crypt(Trial, Map) > Town > Crossroads > Chamber(Recipe) > Map > Chamber(Trial, Recipe) > Den > Fields > N.Forest(Portal@Thicket) > Causeway(Recipe, Star) > City > Town > N.Forest(Portal) > Thicket(Recipe) > Town > Riverways(A6) > Wetlands > Town > Gate(A6) > Lab(49-50, Recipe) > Town(A7) > City > Temple(Recipe) > Ramparts > A8

Tree: Gladiators Perseverance

Optimal: Arakaali(LVL 50-51)

Act 8
Spoiler
Reward: Two-Stone Ring, Potency

Path: Conduits > Cesspool(Recipe) > Quay(Ankh) > Gate > Fields > Temple(Recipe) > Town > Temple 1 > S.Concourse > Bridge > L.Concourse(Waypoint!) > L.Temple > Town > L.Concourse > B.House(Trial, Wings) > H.Gardens(Yugul) > Town > L.Concourse > Bridge > A9

Tree: Constitution > Path of the Warrior

Skills: CWDT+Molten Shell

Weapons: Siege Axe

Optimal: Sisters(LVL 56-57)

Act 9
Spoiler
Path: Blood Aqueducts(LVL 62) > Descent > Desert(Recipe, Portal@Oasis) > Oasis > Desert > Foothills > Boiling Lake > Town > Foothills > Tunnel(Trial, Recipe) > Quarry(Recipe) > Shrine & Refinery > Town > Quarry > Belly > Core > A10

Tree: Hard Knocks > Proficiency > Juggernaut > Dervish

Optimal: Trinity(64), Cap Res (105)

Act 10
Spoiler
Buy: Dex Amulet

Rewards: Sulphur Flask

Path: Cathedral(Apex) > Square(Portal@Square, Waypoint) > Town > Square(Portal) > Blocks > Town > Ossuary(Trial, Recipe) > Town > Merciless Lab(LVL 64-65, Recipe) > Town > Square > Courts > Chambers > Square > Canals > Trough(Recipe) > Kitava

Optimal: Kitava(LVL 65)

Atlas Watchstones Guide
Spoiler
Follow this visual guide: https://imgur.com/a/hth7QsR

Ascendancy, Bandits, Enchants & Patheon
Spoiler
Ascend: Unstoppable > Undeniable > Unyielding or Unrelenting (One is a bit more DPS, one is a bit more tanky. Your choice, but I recommend Unrelenting for 3.15)
Bandits: Alira to level and then 2 points for mapping/end-game.
Pantheon: Solaris + Shakari/Ryslatha/Abberath.
Helm Enchant: Blood Rage 12% AS, Ancestral Protector 18% AS, +1 Bladestorms, Bladestorm 40% dmg, Berserk 30% eff
Boot Enchant: 120% Crit, 16% AS, 10% MS, %18 -Mana

-::- How to Play the Build -::-
Spoiler
Run around spamming your attack. Keep in mind Multistrike takes 3 attacks to reach max DPS, but don't stand around for too long.

Leap Slam can be linked to Culling Strike/Power Charge on Crit, so use your mobility to stay alive, kill low health mobs and gain Power Charges.

Leap can also be linked to Lifetap, if you have mana issues.

If you want to run Precision, you will need "-mana cost" on jewellery (Replica Conqueror's Jewel + "-7 mana" on ring was enough in my testing). I did not use Precision in the Standard Test videos above.

Keep your Protector totem up for max DPS!

Pop Berserk + Dread Banner + Ancestral Protector + Vaal Ancestral Warchief when you want max DPS.

Use your Warding Life Flask after getting hit to remove Temporal curse and gain Max Rage from belt, then pop Berserk.

Pop Vaal Molten Shell for "ohh SHIT!!!" moments.

Swap Warding Life flask for Ignite/Poison for Conqueror's that require it.

-::- Easy Key Binding Setup -::-
Spoiler

*Keep 3 fingers on "234" and thumb on "Space", ready to spam the most used flasks.
*Slide over ring finger to "1" for Life flask.

"LMB" = Warcry
"MMB" = Blood and Sand
"RMB" = Bladestorm
"Q" = Ancestral Protector
"W" = Leap Slam
"E" = Blood Rage
"A" = Berserk
"S" = Vaal Ancestral Warchief
"D" = Dread Banner
"Z" = Vaal Molten Shell
"X" = Move Only

-::- Current Gear -::-
Spoiler

Chests

Weapons

Helmets

Gloves

Boots

Flasks

Jewellery

Jewels

**Obviously, I have some pretty expensive items, but they are not required and you can find cheap options for everything.

**Swap Abyssus > Stark/Devoto + Ring > Sibyl's + Yugul Pantheon to run Reflect Maps.
**DO NOT RUN UBER LAB WITH ABYSSUS!!!

-::- Leveling Gear -::-
Spoiler

Stage #1 - Starting Maps Gear
Spoiler

Stage #2 - Starting Red Maps Gear
Spoiler

Stage #3 - First Expensive Upgrades Gear
Spoiler

Stage #4 - More Expensive Upgrades Gear
Spoiler

Stage #5 - Switching to Swords Gear
Spoiler

Stage #6 - End-game Gear
Spoiler

Other Random Leveling Gear
Spoiler

-::- PoB Exports -::-
Spoiler

3.15 Imported from Ultimatum toon "Corosse"
https://pastebin.com/bsJQ9LJJ **Updated Jul 22nd 2021 7:30AM EST

3.14 Paradoxica/Saviour Ultimatum Runner
https://pastebin.com/Rdmfgbzt **Updated May 19th 2021 12:30PM EST

3.14 Replica Wings Ultimatum Runner
https://pastebin.com/S9U9EfPQ **Updated Apr 29th 2021 1:30PM EST

3.13 Imported from Ritual toon "Corossoo"
https://pastebin.com/9ht5AvBs **Updated Feb 6th 2021 5:00PM EST

3.12 Standard Test
https://pastebin.com/VXbM5uyG **Updated Jan 14th 2021 12PM EST

You need "Path of Building Community Fork" to see this export: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

***The Config page in these exports is setup to show max potential DPS and to let you (the player) know exactly what effects I am optimizing. Please keep in mind that PoB is a math tool used to help you optimize temporary effects and this game is ALL about temporary effects.

When you use PoB and only tick things that are up 100% of the time, you're doing yourself and your build a disservice as you won't be able to truly optimize DPS output.

The point is that effects weren't just ticked to inflate DPS and I take it as a given that people understand you need to adjust the Config page to match the scenario you're looking to see the numbers for.

Come on guys! Won't you give Bladestorm some love? ;)

Last edited by corosou on Aug 1, 2021, 11:32:01 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2022, 5:45:52 PM
FIRST !!!! Lol

lets see
"
uchika wrote:
FIRST !!!! Lol

lets see

Lol quite the achievement ;)

Hope you like.

GL!
i like juggernaut alot .
i like tanky builds . i was playing howa jugge but i am not sure that it can be done to this season . well not at start atleast.
Never played bladestorm . is it tanky enough for sirus awe 8 ?
"
uchika wrote:
i like juggernaut alot .
i like tanky builds . i was playing howa jugge but i am not sure that it can be done to this season . well not at start atleast.
Never played bladestorm . is it tanky enough for sirus awe 8 ?

Kosis Wave 20 is about as tanky as things can get, and as you can see I took him out pretty quick, so Sirus 8 should be no problem.

BUT! This really depends on how skilled you are.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with the mechanics of the fight and I am sure you won't have a problem.

DonTheCrown's video is the best I've found explaining what you need to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X4TAEdL0a8
Last edited by corosou on Jan 13, 2021, 2:05:25 PM
Very descriptive guide, excited to try it this season.
"
ricko_oz wrote:
Very descriptive guide, excited to try it this season.

Thx homie! Looking forward to playing this as well :)
Will be trying this for 3.13, thanks for the guide, especially appreciate the detailed leveling section. Might not get all those uniques but the build seems fun anyway.
"
keeetchen wrote:
Will be trying this for 3.13, thanks for the guide, especially appreciate the detailed leveling section. Might not get all those uniques but the build seems fun anyway.

Sweet! Thanks for letting me know. Hope it works well for you.

And yeah, no need to go all uniques, specially to get started and with Harvest around again (hopefully it's not gated behind insane lvls of RNG)

GL
Hiya, Im new to the game and I want to follow this build along. Really well explained btw!
But theres 1 thing im confused about, in your acts checklist you say Tree: Versatility > Strongarm. and then in Act too Barbarism > Slaugther...Looking at PoB you dont have strongarm as a selected passive skill.

Could you explain?

The only thing i can think of is that you train strongarm to get to Barbarism as fast as you can? and do you refund the strong arm passive at another time?

Thankyou!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info