Clarifying the Ascendancy Changes

"
basta1982 wrote:
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
"
Havo wrote:
For not trying to nerf things you did a great job nerfing everything. I hate to see what happens when you try to do it.

Mind showing us in detail what the powerful new things are? I see something like this

Added
20% more Damage with Bleeding

Removed
Attacks have 25% chance to cause Bleeding
30% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments against Bleeding Enemies
25% more Damage with Bleeding

So how is 20% more of something more powerful than 25% more of the same thing plus 2 other things. I'm confused.

Cuz Blood in the Eyes before it has doubled chance to bleed and increased chance to blind Bleeding enemies with hits. That's a huge buff cuz you can access it after the first Labyrinth and basically get the chance to bleed from 2 Labs for one. Better leveling, easier gearing. And if you don't like Gratuitious Violence anymore, just put the points into other stuff, especially since the chance to block no longer requires shield or dual wield. Seems like the DOT dmg has been reduced across the board.

Leveling with gladiator was never an issue, neither was it the chance to bleed, or gearing. I'm fine with gladiator being slightly nerfed, but c'mon..

Well, maybe for you. Congrats, you're so much better than a noob.

Remember, GGG still has to keep the influx of NEW players. This is a hugely dense game with a rather large learning curve. Y'all gotta get over your egos of being so good and make room for the fact that without an ever-growing player base, this awesome free to play game we all love can't keep delivering bold new content.

This Maven multi-boss expansion looks especially FOR all of the experienced and upper-tier players who are so good at the game, they can blithely criticize efforts to make it more accessible and easier to learn for less L33T players.

I love the diversity of gamers in this community, but honestly, the smugness and entitlement in these forums can get really insufferable. Like, if y'all are so good, why not see a nerf as a challenge instead of a personal affront to being OP.
Look, we can live with nerfs. But you guys telling us they're not really nerfs is pretty underhanded. This is more than just simplifying or streamlining as everyone is saying. Call a spade a spade.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
The changes are fine, but common the presentation needs work. These are hard nerfs in a lot of cases, so come out and say we nerfing stuff. You dug your own hole here GGG.
You should just delete necro or raise spectre gem at this point.

Well I've had a lot of fun so far but I guess it's time to play something else than POE now
Last edited by Hleem on Jan 11, 2021, 10:40:48 PM
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
This "balance" is a f@#$ing joke.

Assasin (poison bv) is basically shit right now, with the changes done to "Toxic Delivery" & "Noxious Strike" and no, it doesn't balance with anything, it loses ~40% of it's overall damage - same thing with bleed bow gladiator, dot damage was nerfed significantly.

Also, Blade Vortex can no longer be played on Elementalist with heralds, due to the changes to the Elementalist ascendancy.

If you also nerfed the BV gem, you can just remove it from the game.. it's pointless in having it.

"We buffed over 40 skills" - yes, but you buffed all the crap skills that no one plays, ppl don't want to play cobra lash and scortching ray, because they are trash and no matter how much you buff them, they will still be trash - no one wants to stay still and channel a skill in a game with high one shot potential.

And btw.. the, "wow, thanks GGG for these awesome changes" ppl are the ones that play for 2 weeks and never get past yellow maps, think about that.

GGG.. get off the shrooms, take a second and look at this crap!!!

And btw, please show us the "powerfull new options" for Shadow Assasin cause i have trouble seeing them!

Well considering practically EVERYONE was playing some variation of poison blade vortex or spectre summoner the last, what? TWO leagues? I for one am excited to see what people come up with.

"
neto_conrado wrote:
wow people are already really upset
Imagine tomorrow if they see their favorite items getting nerfed... :(

Well, at least the forums will be entertaining.......Path of Forums.
The response for the overall nerf of most of the ascendencies is 40 skill gems got buffed, theres 271 actives skill gems and 173 support gems, buffing 40 out of 271 not even 15% of the skills in game.

Leaving 85% of the skills in game nerfed because of the nerf pass in almost all ascendencies isnt the correct approach.

Why not make the game harder, bosses tougher, regular mobs more dangerous, and raise the bottom skills to the level of the meta ones so we have way bigger choices on how to tackle harder content.
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
Well, maybe for you. Congrats, you're so much better than a noob.

Remember, GGG still has to keep the influx of NEW players. This is a hugely dense game with a rather large learning curve. Y'all gotta get over your egos of being so good and make room for the fact that without an ever-growing player base, this awesome free to play game we all love can't keep delivering bold new content.

This Maven multi-boss expansion looks especially FOR all of the experienced and upper-tier players who are so good at the game, they can blithely criticize efforts to make it more accessible and easier to learn for less L33T players.

I love the diversity of gamers in this community, but honestly, the smugness and entitlement in these forums can get really insufferable. Like, if y'all are so good, why not see a nerf as a challenge instead of a personal affront to being OP.

I said i am ok with the nerf and i never said i am better than anyone.

It's kinda funny to call people out for bad forum-habbits, while you are basically the only one to get personal for no reason.
"
In Echoes of the Atlas, our intention was to streamline many of these passive nodes so that they were much simpler but more powerful. This meant removing many of these filler stats that didn't actually impact builds in a meaningful way. These new changes have stripped away a lot of the peripheral minor stats from Ascendancy Classes and have added simplified, but much more powerful, options.

I think 90% of people posting right now are forgetting the changes to ascendancies from the trailer of Path of exile 2 or 4.0 to be exact.

For example being able to Melee attack while wielding a bow or have access to Werewolf forms etc.

They even said at Exile con rapid changes will come and while the game slowly transitions into this more one dimensional change it will become healthier for the game.

There is a reason why 60% of players every league go the exact same class lol
"
mmutsch wrote:
"
caged_rage666 wrote:
Lol

Let me address the community:

Make better builds 🤷🏻‍♂️
None of this breaks the game, if it breaks your current build, then make a new one. If you can't make a viable build with these options then maybe that's a "you" problem.

All this is true. However, players are allowed to be upset if the things they like are removed. The forums are one way to give feedback to GGG. What is also true? Players can choose a different game.

Also, viable =/= enjoyable. Especially if they are used to something else.

The problem with the "players are allowed to be upset... give feedback to GGG" is what happens when I say "the changes look good to me, good job GGG!"

Well I bet I'm told I'm wrong. So how can that be? I'm just giving feedback and I'm allowed to be happy to see the game growing and changing...

So what does GGG do? Who's feedback should they be listening to? The louder voice? The threatening voice?

Just because people can have their opinions doesn't mean one side is right and the other side is wrong. Unfortunately a lot of people get so worked up about their opinions and it makes it impossible to have a constructive conversation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info