Reworked and Changed Ascendancy Classes in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

"
Thatsnasty wrote:
People saying these changes are good, or "shaking the game up" must also think the Riot games approach of purposely releasing broken shit and nerfing into the ground after people buy it, is a good concept. The DOTA approach is better.

Seriously, buffed underused gems and items is how you change the meta, and removing useless content, NOT adding more useless shit, and nerfing everything strongarmed.

Exactly this. There are two ways to go about "game balancing"

1) Balance things

2) Cycle Strong things

Riot Games, and GGG, have both published essays on why they choose #2. It's just rough to read through comments here, and 20% of GGG news posts, where they pretend like they do #1 for whatever reason.

How the heck you trying to discuss GGG's balancing when you don't even know their goals?
I really like the Juggernaut ascendancy buff. I mean, additional 0.5% life regen is some crazy stuff. And how streamlined, more enjoyable it feels now, pure fun! Made my day :)
Hi, please can somedody make a short version like:

Class/ascendancy= worth playing, op, nerfed, and so on?
like if you try to suggest something to a donkey. If you will, i really appreciate it.
As a casual who ended up with about 10 exalts total last league, i'm looking forward to actually being able to afford items for the "nerfed" builds. The ability to afford gear for them will easily overcome the changes to ascendancies.
Last edited by zeuswayne on Jan 12, 2021, 11:30:49 AM
"
metat0r0 wrote:

like if you try to suggest something to a donkey. If you will, i really appreciate it.

Kinda hard to tell right now without knowing how the skills and other changes interact with them. What looks like a nerf might be negated by changes to skill gems for instance.
When you are permanently phased when on onslaught
Some nerfs but also some nice buffs

Also wondering if people can break game with some of elementalist shaper always ignite/shock/chill ascendencies
"
Brian9824 wrote:
"
metat0r0 wrote:

Kinda hard to tell right now without knowing how the skills and other changes interact with them. What looks like a nerf might be negated by changes to skill gems for instance.

Not Really. I can tell you that any melee Jugg just took a huge nerf it didn't need. It needed to be buffed. I'm getting sick of settling into a build I enjoy playing only to see the skill or the ascendancy nerfed into the ground. First Molten Strike and now my Necro.

I understand they wanna shake the game up, but if they truly wanted to do that then why not nerf the ACTUAL broken builds/skills instead of nerfing mid tier stuff into the ground.
PC Specs :

I7-7700K @5.0GHz, 16 GB Patriot Viper DDR4, GTX 1070, Intel 600p 512GB NVME SSD
My guess is that Spellslinger Inquis is going to be the new meta or if not - something about Inquisitor class, followed by Elementalist class and then rest /ofc some seem like suddenly bad choice for starter build, while others opposite/. Hiero with +8 free charges seems to me really cool buff but feel like mostly brands are good for him now.
Cannot wait for PoB update to start wasting time preparing for league start and see what wont go as planned. xD
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
Since I didn't find anyone else pointing it out, I'll take the position of asking why do you hate Totem builds (one of the few smooth playstyles for console)? First you nerf it a little with the curse rework and now you destroy it with the Ascendency rework of taking away the 2 Totems summoning at the same time. It feels kinda pointless to me since Totems weren't at the top before, but now find themself at the bottom unless multiple totems lose all damage reduction.
It was an honor to support as Templer - Guardian, but no 30% dmg buff for allies. Bye Bye.
This "balance"-"change" throw us Guardian Supporter into the stone age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info