Reworked and Changed Ascendancy Classes in Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

Thank you for providing the information before launch at all; I totally can understand the rush of getting information out at deadline/last-minute having worked in print-publication before those mostly "died."

HOWEVER ...

I really believe this information could have been displayed in a way that is, perhaps, more digestible by the average user.

If you're intentionally trying to make it difficult to understand, or clunky to discern the scope of changes, then you have succeeded. Again, I do appreciate the information being provided at all, but it's painful to go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back ... and forth ..., with PoB (unless you are intimate AF with essentially every node), to see what changes have been made even though this post is providing them all? It's not a teaser before patch notes, and even if there were, this is quite cumbersome.

I would happily provide free layout/design advice in this matter if the team was open; and if I had time this week, I would absolutely send you some alternate mock-ups - may see what I can do tomorrow. "Reading," this was very frustrating as a relatively newer, one-year, player. But again, I understand the pressures of the press cycle and do not mean any insult to the creator here. I also realize big changes like this aren't frequent and perhaps this is more a learning moment than anything, but this seems almost intentionally painful to absorb as presented.

Thank you
-PMB
Really don't understand why you would take away -mana res from sabo. More just annoying than a meaningful change imo.
Last edited by Xiipher on Jan 11, 2021, 11:03:16 PM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Guardian

"
Armour and Energy Shield, Charge Duration
Added
15% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Removed
20% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration

Wheres armour or energy shield in that??

Read the node in the ascendancy not the changes below them.

[Removed by Support] Nothing in these notes made anything "unplayable". If you think certain builds didn't need to be tuned to make them normal instead of ridiculously overpowered,[Removed by Support]. For people upset about carrion golem nerfs, you can't honestly tell me you thought they were fair and balanced before.
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Jan 11, 2021, 11:21:36 PM
I aint reading that.
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
I dont understand why people are so content with this crap.

i mean it is basically a wall of nerfs.
Even ascendacies like Jugg have been nerfed.
WHY??
There is no skill gem buff or balacing that will "make up" for this nerfs.

GGG please...

You guys need to stop ruining the fun of the player base because of the 2%.
There is no need to nerf everything to the ground. You should bring it down a notch but not straight up destroy it. Also what you should do is bring the power level of some less viable builds up to par of the meta ones not the other way around.

You guys fucked up big time on Heist and other past leagues and instead of coming up with a straight up, simple league, focused more on mapping and killing stuff you guys straight up add 2 leagues to core and rework ascendancies and add a new skill tree for the atlas and new maps plus the rituals and the new bosses. I mean what are the odds of this shit not being a complete cluster fuck of bugs and disapointment for like 45 days or something?
By the time you guys figure out how to fix the damn league it will be already dead.

Also we all know you guys spend big money on leagues and stuff but that doesnt justify you cramping every bad decision you make into the core game. You can leave your failures be forgoten. There is no need to rework them into a polished turd and add it to the core game to FORCE PEOPLE INTO IT.

Chris told us about choice so you can "specialize" to get better rewards of a particular league mechanic in the atlas and "trade" for the other ones and stuff.
Stuff like i dont like to play X league so i will just trade for the rewards of that league in case i need them...
But i wonder if i play SSF what im i supposed to do? Play the game 24/7 ?
I CAN NOT TRADE DUDE!
Also doesnt matter how you look into it YOU NEED THE FUCKING CRAFT RECIPES.
So you better play that shit content you hate so you can fucking craft what you need.

Cmon GGG i love this game but man you guys are making it HARDER and HARDER to put up with this crap.

THIS GAME DESPERATELY NEEDS TO TRIM ITS FAT. There is too much for no reason.
Its all about quantity and NOTHING ABOUT QUALITY.

We want quality GGG. Stop giving us polished turds every 3 months.

Last edited by HkDrOn3 on Jan 11, 2021, 11:29:25 PM
Nerfs nerfs NERVES, keep on happy nerfin GGG,

I've come thorough into this thread and as Diablo (1st) veteran I've noticed some voices I'd like to share.

First of all, GGG seem to be unable to create a decent copy of Diablo that would sustain at least 3 months since its recent patch release without pissing off its community.

Secondly, why ALL (specifically new) players should rearrange all their characters after every league due to various nerfs on the tree, uniques, stuff like that? It's kinda obtrusive.

And a quote I hyped:

"I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the intellectual discussion when determining that you MUST nerf "18% increased Endurance Charge Duration" to 15%. Like seriously what a waste of text....you actually paid someone to make that change. I swear some of this crap is you guys just making changes for the sake of making changes."

"
Sitzura wrote:
Ascendencies were just fine. Sure, some were underpowered and you improved them I guess? But your reason for nerfing everything else is just bad. You even killed SRS, while it was already dead.
yeah, GGG already show us that it is possible to murder who is murdered.
Seems like traps get buffed and mines get nerfed specialy with the mana reservation for mines.

Maby trap build next league

Good job on gutting Assassin GGG, GOOD JOB
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info