How Patch Notes Get Made

Hey Nick,

Curious, what has been done to optimize this? This not only sounds like a horrible manual task, but apparently also takes a lot of someone's time not to mention being prone to error.

Reading this post I immediately had a couple suggestions from things my team, or other teams I know of, do. For context, I'm a senior/lead dev.

Happy to chat, just reach out on discord. I'm Maloik on official PoE discord along a bunch of others.
Last edited by maloikhq on Dec 29, 2020, 12:03:40 PM
"
Why 'get' made and not 'are' made?

Because he misspelled 'git' made... :)
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
Great post Nick, it was very informative and interesting
You should hire SteveMRE so he can just go "ok let's get this all out onto a forum post - nice mmkay".
I for one appreciate your jokes in the patch notes c: Also pretty insane to see how much effort and work actually goes in to making them. I dont know if the hype pre league would feel the same without them though so thanks for all the effort ;D
I had a feeling it might take a week to put together PoE's patch notes but hell, I was certainly wrong about that.
Nice read !
Bad Seed
-
Last edited by Blubbey on Apr 12, 2021, 7:19:14 PM
PATCHNOTESWHEN?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
I think you guys missed it. This patch note fiction is just a ruse. What Nick has given us is a sketch of the next league's unique content. When they redo the atlas we will have to collect parchment shards from 200 or more different documents and then figure out which document each belongs to. The four Tier 1 maps (Maze, Cells, crypt, and cage) will be "free" and you will be able to run those as much as necessary to collect your first shards. Each document will have 20 associated shards that when stacked appropriately become a map and tell a story. Naturally, some of the key shards will only be available from collecting very very rare div cards or completing prophecies. A special stash tab will be required to make mapping possible. Once you have assembled 10 of these map documents, and put them in the correct order to tell a bigger story, you get a random unique map. League challenges will revolve around correcting typos in the completed stories. Leveling past 95 will be gated by the number of completed map stories you have correctly fixed.

Spoiler
Thanks Nick great post. :)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info