How Patch Notes Get Made

Ill stay forever in Standard League. Or till till POE2 Realised
Hey Nick,

Curious, what has been done to optimize this? This not only sounds like a horrible manual task, but apparently also takes a lot of someone's time not to mention being prone to error.

Reading this post I immediately had a couple suggestions from things my team, or other teams I know of, do. For context, I'm a senior/lead dev.

Happy to chat, just reach out on discord. I'm Maloik on official PoE discord along a bunch of others.
Last edited by maloikhq on Dec 29, 2020, 12:03:40 PM
"
Why 'get' made and not 'are' made?

Because he misspelled 'git' made... :)
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
Great post Nick, it was very informative and interesting
You should hire SteveMRE so he can just go "ok let's get this all out onto a forum post - nice mmkay".
I for one appreciate your jokes in the patch notes c: Also pretty insane to see how much effort and work actually goes in to making them. I dont know if the hype pre league would feel the same without them though so thanks for all the effort ;D
I had a feeling it might take a week to put together PoE's patch notes but hell, I was certainly wrong about that.
Nice read !
Coffee & Cigarettes
I want to point out, that i find personal remarks bad.
I can feel, what is behind them almost to a point, where i can relate, but for a finished text, for example, they seem out of place.

Regarding patch notes:
I can see myself disliking both parts of that process, the leaving notes and the deciphering.

But i appreciate patch notes alot. I mean not like a must-have sort-of-a-thing. Secrets and surprises are cool, too. But just the tradition from all games to write patch notes really narrows down what could be considered a good standard practice for leaving a minimal amount of logs.

It's great to have that understanding like a second instinct just from playing games
Blubbeys Convenient 4-Color Filter:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2864462

Blubbey's Convenient Death Aura:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2864258
PATCHNOTESWHEN?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info