Happy New Year! A 2020 Retrospective

Happy New Year to all at GGG and to the PoE community.
Best wishes for peace, health and success in 2021. May you always find moments of joy in the simple things in life.
2020: Delayed "PoE 4.0" aka PoE 2 another year. Acknowledged frailty derived from singular AAA title in the industry and caved to it, citing "fucked" status in release window - said title financially succeeds but fails in all other areas despite being single-player and offline. Delayed 3.13 and onward due to this but guaranteed no benefits due to the gap in time, almost as if there was a need to catch up. Money from Chinese conglomerate Tencent and wasted efforts on previous-gen consoles still fail to yield benefit to players.

I wonder if Cyberpunk's patches will influence league delays? Maybe CS: GO? Next WoW xpac? Asheron's Call? Saga of Ryzom? My mom's birthday?

Happy New Year.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Good Job, GGG!
Happy New 2021 Year!
GGG never learn the lesson - do not ever shoot in your own leg...
Happy New Year, GGG! Loved your leagues and events. The Steam patching fix and stash tab affinities has made a HUGE difference for me, thank you!

Keep up the great work, and here's to a wonderful year for us in 2021!
"
(for PoE2) I hope you guys do not forget that re-engineering existing code is more harder than creating new. Therefore, the surface for bugs is a more modifier. Might wanna create a beta void league with 1 or 2 acts, repeat 2 or 3 times, then straight maps. Take it slow and easy; and expect many bugs.

The other acts can be released later, more time to polish them.

edit: If end-game integration for PoE 2 is not yet finished, it would be nice to have the old end-game Maelström of Chaos back.

Happy new year GGG!

You lost me at "more harder"

2020 is past, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!
Happy New Year everyone, we finally made it through the misery that was 2020, and have hope for a bigger, brighter, and healthier 2021 for all!
"
coldcandor wrote:
Time math is hard, but I think there might be a bug in your post's auto-conversion? PST (GMT-8) and NZ (GMT+13) are both listed as "January 7th", but I'm pretty sure 8am Jan 7 NZ time is 11am Jan *6* PST. In other words, I don't think it's calculating the day correctly!

Ohh noooo! And they failed again... with their first news post of the new year! Please don't let this be a sign for 2021! :,(

But according to the counter on main page it should indeed be the 7th in my time zone, which would mean it would be the 8th in NZ... Now it starts to get confusing! OMG GGG what have you done???

Anyways, happy new year everyone!
Last edited by Perimax on Jan 1, 2021, 1:19:59 AM
Good job with all 3 leagues, was a lot of fun
Looking forward to POE 2!
Great job with the patches
The vulkan renderer seems to work well also
Stash affinities seems to work well, im getting used to the system now

Looking forward to whats coming in 2021!
:) Happy new year 2021 pls make POE great again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info