We can't believe it, but we made it through 2020! Happy New Year, Exiles! As is tradition, we're taking a moment to look back on the year that has just concluded.
- We launched three expansions: Delirium, Harvest and Heist. Our fourth one was developed during 2020 but its release was pushed from December to January. We developed much of Harvest and Heist from home during the country-wide lockdown.
- We've been continuing to work on Path of Exile 2 and Path of Exile Mobile. There will be lots more news on these projects in 2021.
- Despite our borders being closed due to COVID, we expanded from 147 to 149 in-house staff members.
- We deployed more than 90 updates/patches to our realm.
- We posted 347 news articles - an average of 6.7 posts per week.
- We set a record number of players online (237,160 on our server alone).
- Around 7.5 million different players played Path of Exile on our international realm.
- There were 17% more hours played of Path of Exile on our international realm in 2020 than 2019.
- Path of Exile won the 2020 BAFTA Award for Evolving Game.
- We released our Vulkan renderer.
- We released Path of Exile in the Epic Games Store, and a Beta of the macOS version.
- We improved the Steam patching process alongside the general patching process.
- We introduced Stash Folders and the Stash Tab Affinities system.
- We ran three official events, including Mayhem, Endless Delve and Flashback (which is still running and will end in a few days).
- We finally got around to requesting our Silver Play Button from YouTube!
Thank you for being part of this unusual year with us. We could not do this without you! We are very excited for the year ahead and most imminently - our 3.13.0 expansion which will be announced at the end of next week. Be sure to tune into the livestream at www.twitch.tv/pathofexile at 8am NZ time on January 7th which is Jan 07, 2021 2:00 PM (EST) in your local time. See you there, Exiles!