[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

I don't have amazing gear so maybe I just need upgrades but i'm having a lot of issue with end game bosses and scourges bosses. Just a lot of one shots and kiting scourge bosses around a cart for 3 minutes with four deaths xD Can anyone tell me if im fucking up my defensive layers? or maybe im just bad mechanically.
Last edited by rossmat707 on Nov 7, 2021, 12:00:23 PM
Ever since i started using 2 magic rings with viri's veil my toughness increased a lot. Feels way less squishy.

Thanks f4ward for making this build. I'm having good fun with it!
Really the only part that frustrates me atm is Sirus on this build. Blink Arrow really sucks, timing the jump if he casts "Die" during spinning beams is ridiculous. I'll have to find a way to fit Flame Dash into the build (and withering step out) specifically for this, but I kind of dread fighting sirus without wither stacks.

In maps this is probably the most sublime build I've played for under 50ex.
Last edited by CloverPuppy on Nov 7, 2021, 2:15:28 PM
Hey, been following the guide and the updated OP.

Spent probably 13ex about so far, and am wondering where to go from here for my biggest upgrades. (Crafted the bow/got neck/magic rings and the helm).

I see that I'd need to get an enhance level 4 and an enlighten level 3? (Do we need the enlighten? I can run malevolence/defiance banner/purity of elements without currently)

Those two gems are really expensive, as well I don't have any of the anomalous/divergent gems recommended. Or the timeless jewel/transcendent mind jewel as well.

So trying to figure out what I should be saving up for in order of upgrades, as well as my current gear. I know I need to focus on replacing some of my current rares and make sure I atleast hit chaos resist cap since I'm not fully capped currently.

If someone can take a look at my gear and tell me what to focus on in order of upgrades, I would really appreciate it. I plan to maybe eventually get the cluster jewels too...but I need to make a lot of currency before then.
"
Nexi wrote:
Really the only part that frustrates me atm is Sirus on this build. Blink Arrow really sucks, timing the jump if he casts "Die" during spinning beams is ridiculous. I'll have to find a way to fit Flame Dash into the build (and withering step out) specifically for this, but I kind of dread fighting sirus without wither stacks.

In maps this is probably the most sublime build I've played for under 50ex.

For Sirus, you can remove WS from move and apply it manually from time to time, and you can switch to Flame Dash
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
frost21 wrote:

Spent probably 13ex about so far, and am wondering where to go from here for my biggest upgrades. (Crafted the bow/got neck/magic rings and the helm).

I see that I'd need to get an enhance level 4 and an enlighten level 3? (Do we need the enlighten? I can run malevolence/defiance banner/purity of elements without currently)

Those two gems are really expensive, as well I don't have any of the anomalous/divergent gems recommended. Or the timeless jewel/transcendent mind jewel as well.

So trying to figure out what I should be saving up for in order of upgrades, as well as my current gear. I know I need to focus on replacing some of my current rares and make sure I atleast hit chaos resist cap since I'm not fully capped currently.

If someone can take a look at my gear and tell me what to focus on in order of upgrades, I would really appreciate it. I plan to maybe eventually get the cluster jewels too...but I need to make a lot of currency before then.

Get Enhance lvl 1 and just level it, it's pretty cheap and you get immediate benefit thanks to +2 from helm.

Enlighten is a package deal with Empower on CA. You would need it to have more available mana. Keep Lifetap until you can afford both.

Try to find boots with Stun avoidance enchant, this will free up points on the tree

Get Transcendent Mind, it's ~65c now and is 18% DoT multi.
Or a rare jewel with life+dot+chaos dot. Those are now almost as good as TM and can have life

For large cluster jewels, I provided 2 options in the updated guide. You can even start with 1 useful notable and upgrade later.

Prioritize chaos res and stun boots before the timeless jewel
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
f4ward wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:

Get Enhance lvl 1 and just level it, it's pretty cheap and you get immediate benefit thanks to +2 from helm.

Enlighten is a package deal with Empower on CA. You would need it to have more available mana. Keep Lifetap until you can afford both.

Try to find boots with Stun avoidance enchant, this will free up points on the tree

Or a rare jewel with life+dot+chaos dot. Those are now almost as good as TM and can have life

For large cluster jewels, I provided 2 options in the updated guide. You can even start with 1 useful notable and upgrade later.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Alright I grabbed an enhance level 1 and 20% qual'd it and throwing it in the helm. I currently am using curse setup in the helm, so is that fine to throw enhance in there with that setup for now?

I'm still wondering on the blink arrow and all that setup, should I be prioritizing getting that all before the jewels and such?

I'm still using empower in my CA setup since it seems to be working for now, will deff swap it for lifetap when I need to, until I somehow afford an enlighten 3.

Will do on the boots, but they seem to be around 1ex minimum, and the gloves are similar if not more than 1.5ex.(aspect of spider+chaos dmg mod)

I plan to grab the transcendent mind jewel next, then hopefully save up another ex to grab boots with stun avoidance.

Then guessing timeless jewel//save up for enlighten 3? And lastly cluster jewels then?

"
frost21 wrote:
Spoiler
"
f4ward wrote:
"
frost21 wrote:

Thanks a ton for the help!

Alright I grabbed an enhance level 1 and 20% qual'd it and throwing it in the helm. I currently am using curse setup in the helm, so is that fine to throw enhance in there with that setup for now?

I'm still wondering on the blink arrow and all that setup, should I be prioritizing getting that all before the jewels and such?

I'm still using empower in my CA setup since it seems to be working for now, will deff swap it for lifetap when I need to, until I somehow afford an enlighten 3.

Will do on the boots, but they seem to be around 1ex minimum, and the gloves are similar if not more than 1.5ex.(aspect of spider+chaos dmg mod)

I plan to grab the transcendent mind jewel next, then hopefully save up another ex to grab boots with stun avoidance.

Then guessing timeless jewel//save up for enlighten 3? And lastly cluster jewels then?

The idea with Enhance is to support Anomalous WS to get more instant Wither stacks (I didn't notice you don't have that)

But it helps Curses as well. Previously the setup was Despair+Blasphemy+Enhance+Anomalous WS, but since we switched to Dual curse, it's changed. Keep it there for now and get the WS. The instant damage boost is very significant
how do we prevent 1 shots from guardians and scourge bosses? or is it just dodge
"
rossmat707 wrote:
how do we prevent 1 shots from guardians and scourge bosses? or is it just dodge

move out of the way of the attacks lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info