[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"

Can you please take a look @ my profile.

I'm at level 95, and missing the Watcher Eye and use different mediums.

Wondering what you recommend to me :)

1. Watcher Eye of course - huge 22% more damage
2. Enchant on Helmet for lesser reserved any your auras or increase Despair/Enfeeble effect
3. Enchant on Boots - regenerate life or movement speed
4. Enchant flask for automatic using - mostly important: Used when you take savage hit for Forbidden Flask.
5. Change right ring for same with 15% Over Time Damage multiplier or change both rings for this, if you need a strength , you must to think where on rares you can afford it.
6. Drop Flame dash , its breaks anomalious withering step cooldown and droped your dps, use phantasmal Blink arrow. Its mostly important on bosses, when you evade boss attacks with movement skill.
7. Of course make money for Empower 4 and Enhance 4

Total you can increase your damage for more then 50% More damage)))
Last edited by IceSword on Nov 6, 2021, 6:38:40 PM
why is CA better than TR for this build?
"
ShoOmen wrote:

+1 to that.
I also wanna know the difference, like I always thought TR has better dps late game than caustic arrow, so is it just a preference?!
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
"
ShoOmen wrote:

+1 to that.
I also wanna know the difference, like I always thought TR has better dps late game than caustic arrow, so is it just a preference?!

For TR you need to shoot more often, which costs mana and keeps you much less mobile.
There is a ramp up time for TR damage
You need to scale more projectiles

And lastly, this is a CA guide ;)

But feel free to test it out and let people know how it works out
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048

Full guide updated
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
IceSword wrote:
"

Can you please take a look @ my profile.

I'm at level 95, and missing the Watcher Eye and use different mediums.

Wondering what you recommend to me :)

1. Watcher Eye of course - huge 22% more damage
2. Enchant on Helmet for lesser reserved any your auras or increase Despair/Enfeeble effect
3. Enchant on Boots - regenerate life or movement speed
4. Enchant flask for automatic using - mostly important: Used when you take savage hit for Forbidden Flask.
5. Change right ring for same with 15% Over Time Damage multiplier or change both rings for this, if you need a strength , you must to think where on rares you can afford it.
6. Drop Flame dash , its breaks anomalious withering step cooldown and droped your dps, use phantasmal Blink arrow. Its mostly important on bosses, when you evade boss attacks with movement skill.
7. Of course make money for Empower 4 and Enhance 4

Total you can increase your damage for more then 50% More damage)))

Thanks for you feedback, appreciate it :)
Allready followed up some of your advice.

Wondering how you handle crackling sky from beyond. And do you also die when you leave scourge? That happens to my quite often. It ends, bammm dead.

Thanks!
Is it worth the effort to try fit in Asenath's Gentle Touch into our gear set?

Or is the single target DPS loss simply not worth it given we already have Profane Bloom? It would also free up a gem slot for another aura (Vitality?).

On heavily juiced maps, temp chains + Blind is quite nice.
Last edited by iolum on Nov 7, 2021, 8:02:47 AM
"
iolum wrote:
Is it worth the effort to try fit in Asenath's Gentle Touch into our gear set?

Or is the single target DPS loss simply not worth it given we already have Profane Bloom? It would also free up a gem slot for another aura (Vitality?).

On heavily juiced maps, temp chains + Blind is quite nice.

1. We don't hit
2. We already have Profane bloom. We don't really need more help for clear
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
"
ShoOmen wrote:

+1 to that.
TR needs a lot of attack speed to feel good, and afaik this build doesn't scale any.
"
StarshGames wrote:
Hello fellow deahts oath fanatics.

I am loving this build so far and many thanks to OP for writing the guide.

Can you guys take a look at my build advice on what to improve at this point?
I am aware that I need born from chaos small cluster and some small tweaks to my tree and skills, but I am honestly confused on where to start at this point to improve my survivability and without too big of a single target damage loss.

I also have several questions that I would like to have advice on;

1# why are we using hidden potential jewel and transcended mind?
We can get Jewels now with 12-14% damage over time multiplier with life on it(at a minor damage loss) so I don't see the reason why we would use them in the first place. Can someone elaborate on this?

Best jewel (with perfect rolls) you can get would be:
7% Life
13% inc Chaos Damage
6% DoT multi
8% Chaos DoT multi

This would give the same (under 1% difference) damage than Hidden potential's 50% inc damage
This would give the same (again, under 1% difference) damage than Transcendent mind's 18% DoT multi

You do get more life, but good luck rolling that jewel.

"

2# Would it be possible to get divine flesh on the top of the tree(replacing Zealots oath) and opt out of corruption nodes and then take the recoup damage(Vampirism), annointing Avatar of the Hunt?

You loose both the Corruption nodes and Acrimony, and use more points to get the socket. Also, the existing spot gives you many points that may roll useful notables.

If you insist on a different location, go for the right side of the tree to convert Perfect Agony.

"

3# When I try to plan out this there wouldn't be enough points for cluster jewels without sacrificing defense, but how reliant are we on cluster jewels tbh? Are they really that necessary? I was thinking of using just a medium with small one(born from chaos).

6 x 30% inc damage is 180%. Open POB and see for yourself

"

4# Obviously there is a balance between tree and skills in terms of defensive layers and I am really not experienced enough in this build to find a nice balance. Could any of you advice me on what skills to opt out of and use with the above mentioned in mind because I am having a hard to time to plan out what skills would be more worth it to use for keeping sustain against bosses and juiced maps?(Such as cdwt setup and such)

Here is my current POB; https://pastebin.com/qKZqt02i

"
mookie990 wrote:
Question: does accuracy matter at all for this build? I've been noticing that I only have ~50% accuracy, so my Caustic Arrow misses a lot and doesn't leave a puddle, which is pretty annoying when bossing. Any recommendations?

Accuracy is irrelevant.
CA leaves a puddle where you aim and for each pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info