[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

I assume these 3 nodes is worth taking right? This 3 nodes are
8% increased chaos damage
7% increased chaos damage
20% increased area of affect of aura skills
7% increased effect of non curse auras from your skills

https://imgur.com/a/fxlB8nW
I am really liking this build and in the process of switching over. I'm confused about Lifetap on the chest armor though. How is it being triggered? I want to make sure I'm not missing key elements of the build.

Edit: Someone mentioned a few days ago that it was triggered by "the flame dash setup" but I don't see flame dash in this build.

Edit again: Lifetap is being triggered by your helmet slot gems, either blink arrow or withering step. The PoB has it, just not the guide on the site.
Last edited by ohyayitstrey on Nov 8, 2021, 7:48:31 PM
@ohyayitstrey

I still don't get that how active skill gem in helmet is interacting with the one in chest...
Hi, really enjoy this build, now I'm having ~6-7ex to upgrade, should I prior Bow or a Rare CDOT Gloves or better Gems

https://pastebin.com/9z2rJKij

Thank for your time
"
Rebe1mind wrote:
@ohyayitstrey

I still don't get that how active skill gem in helmet is interacting with the one in chest...

Death Aura in your chest can't not proc life tap cause you didn't "spend", the aura hits you, so we use movement skills (blink arrow, WS, FD) to proc Lifetap buff, and since any skill link with Lifetap will have more damage when you have the buff, Death Aura will benefits from it

Last edited by superhuy44 on Nov 9, 2021, 2:34:29 AM
Thx @superhuy44!

So you need to link Lifetap to active skill (I see Blink Arrow in your setup), link another Lifetap in your chest to any dmg support skill (or is it enough just to have it in not connected Socket in your chest to buff Death Aura only?) and while you use that Blink Arrow you get buff that applies also to gem/skill in your chest - is that correct?
"
Rebe1mind wrote:
Thx @superhuy44!

So you need to link Lifetap to active skill (I see Blink Arrow in your setup), link another Lifetap in your chest to any dmg support skill (or is it enough just to have it in not connected Socket in your chest to buff Death Aura only?) and while you use that Blink Arrow you get buff that applies also to gem/skill in your chest - is that correct?

Yes, you're correct, skill in item doesn't need link, just socket support gmes in and you're good to go
One more thing: will it not be more beneficial to replace Lifestep Support with Empower lvl3 and have +2lvl to all support gems in Death's Oath (I know it would require 6L), including Death Aura?
"
Rebe1mind wrote:
One more thing: will it not be more beneficial to replace Lifestep Support with Empower lvl3 and have +2lvl to all support gems in Death's Oath (I know it would require 6L), including Death Aura?

1. DO would not require 6 links as all supports are internally and invisible linked to the Death Aura and each other.

2. Lifetap is REQUIRED, as I stated in the guide and several times in responses, to activate Swift Affliction and Less Duration with it's Duration tag

3. Empower grant levels to main skill, not supports. And it cannot support item granted skills.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Nov 9, 2021, 3:56:38 AM
Is there a solution to sustain Lifetap at full time ? Because actually, it's work 6 or 7 seconds, and after, Withering Step need cooldown to use it again.

So, life tap give more damage only 60 or 70% of time, right ?

"
tad2q wrote:
I assume these 3 nodes is worth taking right? This 3 nodes are
8% increased chaos damage
7% increased chaos damage
20% increased area of affect of aura skills
7% increased effect of non curse auras from your skills

https://imgur.com/a/fxlB8nW

Personnaly, i have +1 max cold res, effect of curse and chance to ignite.
Last edited by Keussef on Nov 9, 2021, 5:30:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info