[3.13] Ignite Fireball/FW Agnostic Trickster. NO CLUSTERS REQ. LVL Guide. ScorchingRayVerInc

"
ktoto666 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the build, I've been having the regular "what to start" panic, swiping trough builds like a madman. Was searching for Scorching Ray build - and yours popped up!

let me just recommend you get some type of stun immunity. channeling scorching ray, if you get hit, it will stop channeling. and if you're getting hit often (like with glancing blows, or even worse without any dodge/evasion/block) then you will basically never get your damage down. it feels like absolute shit.

i haven't played a golem type character before, so i don't know how often they get hit, but im just sayin. scorching ray while getting stunned feels like trash
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 14, 2021, 11:12:32 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
"
ktoto666 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the build, I've been having the regular "what to start" panic, swiping trough builds like a madman. Was searching for Scorching Ray build - and yours popped up!

let me just recommend you get some type of stun immunity. channeling scorching ray, if you get hit, it will stop channeling. and if you're getting hit often (like with glancing blows, or even worse without any dodge/evasion/block) then you will basically never get your damage down. it feels like absolute shit.

i haven't played a golem type character before, so i don't know how often they get hit, but im just sayin. scorching ray while getting stunned feels like trash

I've an idea for that stun issue already. If it ends up bothering me enough - I'll just get medium cluster with stun avoidance while channeling.
"
ktoto666 wrote:
I've an idea for that stun issue already. If it ends up bothering me enough - I'll just get medium cluster with stun avoidance while channeling.

cool cool. sounds decent

one reason why i focused this guide specifically without clusters is to make it as league friendly and no-currency friendly as possible.
i like to try to find the strongest and cheapest league starting type of builds available. but by all means people can absolutely add cluster jewels and threads of hope and timeless jewels etc.

if you're going your route i suggest rushing into unwavering stance and just respec out of it when you get the cluster jewel. im telling you, i've leveled this build a half a dozen times and you'll want stun immunity (if focusing on SR) by act 6
Hey man,

thanks for your work and effort - this build looks really cool and I do consider it as my league starter.

What I'm pondering on though is the following:

How does 4,5m Sirius DPS feel on aw8? (in Harvest I had an 8m BV and it didn't feel great, though it was hard to keep up max dps on him).
Also do you think this mentioned dps can carry you through the new 10 Boss fight / Maven fight?

What would you say would your items app. cost in let's say first 2 weeks in 3.13?

Could you add another high end item version or just say a high end dps that you could think of attainable (like 50ex, 100ex)?

Sorry if you've talked about this already, was just browsing through first and last page.

Thanks a lot, this build looks fun and awsome and I really wanted to try Fireball once in a time (I mean it is a signature RPG spell and never was really great for clearing as far as I remember)...

Last edited by snietschie2 on Jan 15, 2021, 9:42:44 AM
"
snietschie2 wrote:
Hey man,

thanks for your work and effort - this build looks really cool and I do consider it as my league starter.

What I'm pondering on though is the following:

good questions, im glad you have an interest in the build.

1) so 4-5m sirus DPS as an ignite actually feels incredible. where as other builds need to constantly be doing an action to get their damage per second consistent (constantly attacking/casting etc) ignite is different. you apply the ignite and it just goes.
especially in the sirus fight where this asshole is flopping all over the god damn place, this feels really good. honestly a 4m damage ignite felt like a much easier and faster sirus clear than one of my 20 million sirus DPS frostbolt/ice nova build. again its because the damage is just always present.

NOTE: now for the sirus fight especially, with this build you need to be careful of something. flame wall. placing flame wall down on the ground everywhere severely limits your ability to see the actions of the man in the sky and it can get you nuked down very easily.

2) yes i think this build would work amazing for the 10 boss fights. during those, i specifically probably wouldn't even swap out GMP for swift affliction. this would gimp your damage significantly, maybe only doing 2.5-3m damage or something, but being able to apply that ignite to almost everything at the same time will be incredibly strong.

3) the mandatory item costs in the first 2 weeks i'd say is like...60 chaos.
now, the first 2 days....Searing Touch im going to anticipate is 25 chaos this league.
a tabula rasa +2 corruption day 2 lets say 50c.
and atziri's foible say probably 80-100c in first 2 days.

so first two weeks is like 60-65c (amy-40c,tabby-20c,ST-5c) and first two days could be upwards of 200c.
200c is actually very doable in day two with chaos recipe available within 10 hours play time.

4) there is a section in the guide for big spenders/min maxers. it essentially just mentions cluster jewels, thread of hope, timeless jewels. gear can always get more expensive and min/maxed, but this build doesn't use too many rares so your stats are limited since you want to prioritize resistance, life and mana.
but to get such things like dual influenced T0 mods are always on the table.
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 15, 2021, 12:46:03 PM
thanks for your reply - you're the best! the more I read in your build forum, the more I get hyped for the start :D

best of luck!
This build is so much fun! :)

Also you were right with the app starter prices. Very tanky and nice dps. No idea how to fit in Stormfire though, this will take some serious shopping. Sadly I won't have currency to buy it right at lvl 80. Will see.

Thanks again ;)
and thats okay. you don't need to get stormfire right at 80. the damage is boosted but its unneeded depending on other gear factors. it is mainly beneficial to get it immediately just to use kitava's thirst for the QoL. but that is really unneeded i'd say until red tier maps, if not later.

technically not even needed at all. fireball ignite has been around for a long time and operates fine without them at all.

i know it takes quite a bit of work to balance stats/res/life/mana with the rare pieces of gear you have when you're looking to shop for both kitava's and stormfire, but at least the ring does add some res.

my starter is also going extremely well. i will be doing the SR version mainly, i think, but im leveling with fireball and its just such a damn breeze. super tanky too, love it.
just about to do my merc lab then finish kitava and get into maps
Current Gear

absolutely loving this league so far too

i've died 4 times. 1 was legitimate in act 6 when i was running around with 30 fire res and like 12 cold res, because i couldn't get any gear! (links were mostly the problem). other deaths were from being afk. i gotta afk a lot and mobs in this game will always find and hunt you down
super happy though
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 16, 2021, 2:14:30 PM
I'm kinda hitting a wall now in nasty yellow maps. with tradesite down I can't really improve ATM :(

some questions in the meantime for you to elaborate if possible :)

why those Pantheons?
why dash? (does flame dash also work?)
quite some offcolors (helm, staff)... hard to get there?
getting often interrupted, why? (stun, freeze?)
elaborate on EE (does it get procced by FB/FW?)
what's the glove +proj pierce for?

thanks mate :)
Last edited by snietschie2 on Jan 17, 2021, 12:53:30 PM
With the Scorching Ray variant there is no need for Wave of Conviction or?

And is Kitava's Thirst or Crown of the Inward Eye better for Scorching Ray?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info