[3.13] Ignite Fireball/FW Agnostic Trickster. NO CLUSTERS REQ. LVL Guide. ScorchingRayVerInc

I can't wait to see the new build! I had so much fun with this build last league, definitely going to stay with it.

Have you had any thoughts on that new ring they showed that converts ignite damage to chaos damage?
that ring would be good for hexblast. sucks for everything else.

alright update: i wasn't going to update the build or anything, but i guess i will now with handfuls of ppl requesting it. at least for the start of this league

on the second post is where i'll put the leveling guide

i am however going to cut out the ice version. see the 2nd post for details
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 11, 2021, 12:58:06 PM
Looks like with the passive tree changes we're losing

- 6% reduced Damage Taken for 4 seconds after Spending a total of 200 Mana
- 50% increased Damage over Time
"
Dheim wrote:
Looks like with the passive tree changes we're losing

- 6% reduced Damage Taken for 4 seconds after Spending a total of 200 Mana
- 50% increased Damage over Time

yes losing the reduced damage taken is actually pretty ouch.
to be honest, with the changes to ascendant is competitive with Trickster and Hierophant nodes.

still going to update for trickster, however

working on leveling guide, first 3 acts are up.
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 12, 2021, 1:03:12 PM
leveling guide complete. phew!
Just wanted to say thanks for the build guide, very well written and tested.

Looking forward to the updates after patch notes.
patch notes basically don't effect anything here. maybe the leveling just slightly. since i prefer to level with scorching ray, efficacy is available early on at level 8. with a 3 link that makes scorching ray, efficacy, infused channeling. MASSIVE MASSIVE damage available there early on. definitely the best way to go
already updated the leveling guide to reflect this

searing bond got a super fucking buff, however still not worth using as its just such a pain in the ass to use. but it is now, by a long shot, the most damaging DoT skill

"
Searing Bond

Now deals 29.4 fire damage per second at gem level 1 (from 23.6), up to 2459.5 fire damage per second at gem level 20 (from 1755.6).
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 12, 2021, 3:57:16 PM
since Mathil just released a video stating he may make a Scorching Ray/Flame Wall Trickster, i feel obligated to update the build with my SR version included.

i just need to make it known that i've been playing the SR version for months now, before SR buff, before Mathil touches it. yes...im being a hipster about it

in any case it is very strong. excels at boss killing where as fireball excels at clearing. choose your poison. im still trying to figure a way to get best of both worlds (fb clear with sr bossing)
Given how heavy this league is on clearing bosses I would absolutely love a version that is a blend of both worlds, if it's possible without messing up how great the original build was. Are you still thinking Ascendant is the way to go in order to combine Heiro into the build, or does Trickster alone seem like a better choice now that we have more info?

Also, RIP prices of gear for this build if Mathil is doing something similar. :(
im going to skip on ascendant personally. it is a competitive choice but eh, im partial to trickster

i wish i could figure out best of both worlds but eh im just not up to giving it more energy.
im definitely starting this build in 3.13 but im not sure what it'll turn into, SR or fireball. when im leveling with SR i think i'll like it too much and may just want to stick with it, but fireball is so much faster

given that its a boss heavy expansion i may stick with SR. i dunno! i may even try to fucking fit in searing bond over flamewall. i dunno!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info