[3.13] Ignite Fireball/FW Agnostic Trickster. NO CLUSTERS REQ. LVL Guide. ScorchingRayVerInc

Cool and inexpensive build. Collected on std and satisfied) Is he a good league starter? P.S. Sorry for my english)
"
Ymka88 wrote:
Cool and inexpensive build. Collected on std and satisfied) Is he a good league starter? P.S. Sorry for my english)

excellent one. check out the 2nd post for in depth league start focused leveling guide.
After looking around at some other ignite builds I've settled on this one as my starter for the ritual league. I'll definitely play around with SR instead of fireball at some point (could even have a weapon swap and keep flame wall in the chest). Would the scorching ray version benefit from the divergent berserk + chain breaker combo as it doesn't "hit"? Would be fun to try out
"
After looking around at some other ignite builds I've settled on this one as my starter for the ritual league. I'll definitely play around with SR instead of fireball at some point (could even have a weapon swap and keep flame wall in the chest). Would the scorching ray version benefit from the divergent berserk + chain breaker combo as it doesn't "hit"? Would be fun to try out

yeah thats the only way i've thought of making both work. essentially you have to have a 2nd 6 link for fireball and weapon swap. its possible. i may try it eventually.
in this case you'd probably favour the SR tree/gear and not use stormfire/archmage/kitava's thirst.
funny enough its around the same damage for fireball ignite by doing this, losing only like 300-500k dps overall. the pure fireball ignite dmg goes down but the extra dmg on flamewall makes it up. so for t16s it would probably become more of a 2 button playstyle, flamewall/fireball each time.

umm divergent berserk + chain breaker. im not sure what that is let me looking into it....
alright, so yes scorching ray/searing bond/flamewall (all things that don't hit) would work great with chain breaker. unfortunately this build wouldn't work at all with chain breaker since it sucks up all of your mana regeneration rate and transfers it to rage.

with agnostic/mind over matter as your main sustain you need mana regeneration rate. a ton of it.

feel free to change things around and use rage/berserk on an SR build tho. if you can get defenses elsewhere it would essentially be another 20% more damage.
Last edited by xMustard on Jan 13, 2021, 7:40:21 PM
What do u think about Elementalist scorching ray build? its look the same? Or can u help make pob for elementalist SR/FW one plz.
Last edited by nicejobx on Jan 14, 2021, 6:28:53 PM
cant wait to try this one out
"
so yes scorching ray/searing bond/flamewall (all things that don't hit) would work great with chain breaker. unfortunately this build wouldn't work at all with chain breaker since it sucks up all of your mana regeneration rate and transfers it to rage.

Ah yes I had forgotten that regular mana regen would be lost. Would take the build in a completely different direction. I'll play the regular version and maybe mess around with berserk later. Anyways thanks for posting the build and gl in the league!
"
nicejobx wrote:
What do u think about Elementalist scorching ray build? its look the same? Or can u help make pob for elementalist SR/FW one plz.

i wouldn't suggest elementalist SR. mostly because majority of her buffs are offensive and require hits, meaning you'd have to use a separate skill (storm brand most likely) to proc the 'hit' in order to get the buffs to use with SR.

she also doesn't offer much defense especially if you want to go MoM/agnostic. so basically, im sure you could do it, but it would be a completely separate and different build all together
"
xMustard wrote:
"
nicejobx wrote:

i wouldn't suggest elementalist SR. mostly because majority of her buffs are offensive and require hits, meaning you'd have to use a separate skill (storm brand most likely) to proc the 'hit' in order to get the buffs to use with SR.

she also doesn't offer much defense especially if you want to go MoM/agnostic. so basically, im sure you could do it, but it would be a completely separate and different build all together

Okay thanks. yes it have more way damage then trickster , but defensive is bad / only aegis / Dunno how to do it defensively on league start to go through the maps. But thanks for u answer. good build.
Thanks a lot for the build, I've been having the regular "what to start" panic, swiping trough builds like a madman. Was searching for Scorching Ray build - and yours popped up!

Althou I've done some adjustments - swapped to an Elementalist: flavour, golems with chonky buffs/autorespawn/elem. immunity, auto-exposure via Master of Flame (-35% fire res on nearby enemies), Heart of Destruction provides a nice AoE buff for Flame Wall and a nice bossing buff aswell. Respecced the tree a bit from glancing blows and stun immunity into more golems, golem buffs and mana regen from flasks + auto flask charge generation, grabbed some QoL staff cast speed nodes... because why not?

Basically made a splice of your build and my haphazard ideas, I really like Scorching Ray and the insane buff to cast speed should make it an absolute monster!

My worries are gone, most of things are planned out, motivation at full! I wish you a successful league start and thank you again for the build!

P.S. If you're interested to see the monstrosity - https://pastebin.com/QM14MTWn

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info