Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

"
VicieuxEH wrote:
And what if CDPR decides last minute to delay again to i don't know January what then? Being at the mercy of a Company that is not even in the same Genre of Games kinda SAD. Can we expect delays when Blizz announces D4 Release? LOL

I can't wait to see. If a single player game, from other genre, from the shiny minds behind Glitcher 3 can impact PoE, for sure the newest sucessor of Diablo 2 will be impactful.

Last edited by matsu07 on Oct 29, 2020, 10:36:35 PM
Remove the sulphite (for Endless Delve only ofc), throw in some trigger tokens for quests like those which you use anyway for crafting recipes, revisit some rooms. Done, that's the base. Now add additional rooms, e.g. rooms that contain random bosses. Rework rewards from old ones. And when you have time gather that bit of creativity you have left to expand on whatever you can come up with.

But yeah, comparing myself with my friend who I want to play with? Not to generalize, but that's some '95 way of thinking.
This is fine.

Additional month for QA wouldn't hurt.
Soooo, you don't want to lose players on Cyberpink release so you delayed shittiest league end till next year, still in October. Good luck keeping not so much leftovers of playerbase.
"
Alpha testers aren't allowed to talk about what they see on Alpha, but the state of the game at that point is usually a bit of a shitshow. I think we only managed to get one actual league up and playable this year before its release.

oof. the meme of being a beta tester is not even an exaggeration.
I understand many of the arguments, but to postpone the league because another game is launching feels like you guys don't put faith on the amount people like playing PoE. I would rather hear that you guys are postponing coz you feel that is better for the league, that you can work better on it. As I see, you don't trust in your own product.

Been thinking about quiting PoE for good after years of playing, and don't get me wrong, it's not because you guys postponed the league, I just feel like since Delirium something went off and I'm not enjoying the game as I used too.

Heist was probably my last league. I'm saying was because I've stopped in week 2 coz opening chests is not my thing.

Wish you all the best and hope the game gets better for those who stay!

Gl exiles!
"
Shidiwen1990 wrote:
"
VicieuxEH wrote:
And what if CDPR decides last minute to delay again to i don't know January what then? Being at the mercy of a Company that is not even in the same Genre of Games kinda SAD. Can we expect delays when Blizz announces D4 Release? LOL

If Diablo 4 and POE released at the same time, Yes you can expect a delay. They wouldn't want to have their thunder stolen by another company.

Please think logically. Its a business, They want to keep the focus on them. Simple as that.

Current and Potential Future Players notice when a Company has no faith in their Own Game and that translates in poor Player numbers and MTX Sales. And lets not even mention what this decision will do to them in the Future. They showed how much they are dependent on the first 2 Weeks of a League. Future Competitors in the ARPG Genre like Blizzard (D4), Eleventh Hour Games (Last Epoch) etc. will use this to their benefit.

Only time will tell if this was a good business decision.
F-Bomb launch detected.

It looks so candid, so STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART, but I'm willing to bet it's the most calculated, tactical move in this entire divulgence.

But eh, if the delay is as simple as it seemed, I'm glad. Those tin foil hats kept slipping off my head. I still don't think Chris had to even mention another game if they wanted to delay, but it seems 2020 is the year of Doubling-Down on Bad Decisions. Well, you took the L...just not the one you probably should have.

But it worked. Look at the sudden 180 in responses. And you'd want it to work: this took time and effort to craft. And a respectable fellow like Chris, he isn't exactly armed to the teeth with F-Bombs, but when he drops one, the ARPG world quakes in the aftershock.

TL;DR of OP:

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
VicieuxEH wrote:
"
Shidiwen1990 wrote:
"
VicieuxEH wrote:

If Diablo 4 and POE released at the same time, Yes you can expect a delay. They wouldn't want to have their thunder stolen by another company.

Please think logically. Its a business, They want to keep the focus on them. Simple as that.

Current and Potential Future Players notice when a Company has no faith in their Own Game and that translates in poor Player numbers and MTX Sales. And lets not even mention what this decision will do to them in the Future. They showed how much they are dependent on the first 2 Weeks of a League. Future Competitors in the ARPG Genre like Blizzard (D4), Eleventh Hour Games (Last Epoch) etc. will use this to their benefit.

Only time will tell if this was a good business decision.

we've known for years the first weeks are when ggg makes all their money. its not like its new knowledge.
WE LOVE YOU CHRIS!!! YOU FUCKING SOLID!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info