Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

I liked the tone and delivery of this message. I completely understand and support it, as I have worked on these kinds of projects my whole life. So do what is needed to keep the employees happy. Because they make this game as
Spoiler
addictivly
fun as it is. :)
I understand the logic but the problem is now we have to worry about every single "major game" being released and having to wonder if once again the league is going to be pushed back...

I love the fact that we are getting a flashback event (maybe mayhem?) but this sets a very dangerous precedent that everytime a "popular" game is coming out we will be once again forced to wait a month for it?
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
I'm fine with the launch date changing and being delayed. The issue here though is that if you are tying it to avoiding the launch of Cyberpunk then you run the risk of CP also getting delayed again. I understand the idea of avoiding risk but WoW classic was a different competitor than CP is and at some point you guys do have to decide the league is going to launch regardless of what game is dropping a week before or after or whenever because its not like AAA releases are going away.
Great post! Really stoked to see some true transparency and acknowledgement of the business aspect of things. After reading this I'm good with the decision and appreciate you treating your playerbase with the respect that this type of communication shows.

On a side note its hilarious to watch people whine about an F bomb on a game like Path of Exile's forum. Lmao you can always go play Torchlight if POE is too offensive for you...
I don't see any issue with it at all. If its smoother and ensures financial stability to ggg im all for it.

Maybe give us some non void flashback or something like this? Even if not i dont really care one more month if league is stable :)
Sorry to post again I want to say that I love the company and the game but it really feels like you are punishing all the loyal players and rewarding everyone for jumping ship in a sense.

Since we obviously cannot change your decision can we at least PLEASE have a SAY in the events coming up? Like a vote? I despise delve with a passion personally and am really hoping for flashback and or mayhem events and it would just be another slap in the face to not only be delayed for the league but also not having fun events to participate in.

Thanks for all of your work and even though it really feels like you slapped me and im sure some others in the face thank you for at least being honest and direct.

"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
And what if CDPR decides last minute to delay again to i don't know January what then? Being at the mercy of a Company that is not even in the same Genre of Games kinda SAD. Can we expect delays when Blizz announces D4 Release? LOL
A candid and transparent post and explanation. Thanks Chris and fellow devs. I'll be patiently looking evermore forward to 3.13, as Heist just isn't for me.
This further proves how beyond disconnected from reality the directors at GGG are, especially Mr Wilson. This is the same level of sociopathic-narcissism that drives scalpers to make such activities a full time job. The game loop intent is for adoption to be driven by *greed*! What you are describing is greed. Full stop. Not competition or fun player interactions.. but greed. The reveal and reality here is that you have designed the game and it's (lack of) systems in such a flawed way that it is BEYOND a waste of time to start playing a league well after it has initiated. As an ex-player, I felt this in every sense of the game for the past several leagues, and it sucks. It sucks to know you really don't respect my time, as a player. This driver is also your own downfall. You are quite *literally* doing what you claim to protest in terms of gimmicks and weak game integrity, found at other often AAA game publishers.

These development priorities, the (LACK OF) community interaction and engagement are based on the facts provided here and in previous public disclosures (see 2019 GDC talk, focused on hooking players on a seasonal update schedule). GGG's "design manifesto" is solely focusing releases on these gimmicks and "short term wins" rather than providing a rewarding long-term and playable game environment. This boils down to "how can we trick and addict people just long enough to get revenue from MTX". As long as new players keep buying MTX and as long as the larger half of players aren't experiencing the embarrasing client/server/design flaws present in the "endgame", why bother? GGG will keep re-inflating this blow up doll for more new suckers to ride while also ignoring bugs and gaping design flaws. The absolute disrespect for even the most loyal of (ex-)supporters that have MORE then generously given over the past ~7 years is unforgivable. I pity the employees that aren't on the mainland contract dev team (at least the HK part of the dev group, knows what they signed up for).

It's really too bad because I once believed, foolishly, this game had a good thing going.. but your repeated actions and lies (distributed through your Community Director) time and time again have proved: You do *not* care about the quality of the game, as long as the revenue keeps coming.

For the sake of folks trying to make a living in GGG's employ, I hope folks realize selling out ethically is never worth it and they find rewarding employment elsewhere..
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester.
Last edited by TwentyFiveEX on Oct 29, 2020, 10:48:40 PM
I'm happy with this decision. I'm not planning on playing Cyberpunk but an extra month to smooth out any kinks in a new expansion sounds great to me. Maybe 4 expansions a year is too much, maybe 3 would suit better? Just spitballing, happy either way. Don't let this get to you :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info