[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ LL CoC Ice Nova/Spear Assassin ❄️ Ready for 3.19 Fun Lake Farming!!!

"
fayajo wrote:
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
fayajo wrote:
Is there a pob for 3.14
I opened the 1 on the page but it is not for 3.14 and it has -11 unreserved life

I need to check that. I remember updating all PoBs but maybe 1-2 missed. All will be updated today.

Edit: I found the problem. Due to changes on Mana/Life reservations, my POB version of the Prism Guardian did not calculate the Reduced Mana Reservation. If you replace it with current game version, problem is gone. Going to update everything regardless.

i updated the pob to 3.14 and it went from -35 to -11 life reserve. Can you help me with this.

i am following this pob--- https://pastebin.com/ThfjHJid

hi the problem is the Prism Guardian. Add another prism guardian to your POB and replace it. Reservations wording has changed. I am working to update all the POBs now.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
rikkcurtis wrote:
CoC Nova LL seems to be a kill or be killed build, i killed A9, Trial master, etc... and there are 2 main points where i see deaths often with this build. Ignites are a pain for our build, especially when we have nothing to hit to trigger our ES on hit we are kinda screwed. Phys hurts, playing with 200 ish armor = phys will destroy you. I have yet to figure out how to fix these two without sacrificing too much

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/7V6cr4VT

Indeed, very good points. I also died last league to ignite many times, especially if the map mods makes it very deadly. It's difficult to get ailment immunity with this build unless you craft on rare gear (boots, etc.)

Flesh and Stone and high ES definitely helps. However, build is glass cannon and best defense is the offence kind of the game here :)

For the budget build, are there any tweaks you could recommend to make it a bit tankier until you get 7-8k+ ES? Strong enough that you can do T15-16s with very few deaths.

I am unsure if I should try to bolster block, armour, evasion, phys reduction, or a bit of everything.

A few things I have tried so far/considered:
- Swapping out Frostbite for Enfeeble (would lose a lot of pen)
- Putting in Fortify instead of Inspiration and setting up Vortex for ST DPS to compensate (25-30% dps loss)
- Putting a Basalt/Rumi's instead of one of the other flasks (Atziri?)
- Squeeze in another defensive aura (Grace?) using Enlighten and putting Precision on Arrogance Support (Blood Magic)
- Putting on Chaos Golem instead of Ice Golem for more phys defense

Also, what would you drop to fit in Vortex, Unbound Ailments, Bonechill setup?
"
Oniji wrote:
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
rikkcurtis wrote:
CoC Nova LL seems to be a kill or be killed build, i killed A9, Trial master, etc... and there are 2 main points where i see deaths often with this build. Ignites are a pain for our build, especially when we have nothing to hit to trigger our ES on hit we are kinda screwed. Phys hurts, playing with 200 ish armor = phys will destroy you. I have yet to figure out how to fix these two without sacrificing too much

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/7V6cr4VT

Indeed, very good points. I also died last league to ignite many times, especially if the map mods makes it very deadly. It's difficult to get ailment immunity with this build unless you craft on rare gear (boots, etc.)

Flesh and Stone and high ES definitely helps. However, build is glass cannon and best defense is the offence kind of the game here :)

For the budget build, are there any tweaks you could recommend to make it a bit tankier until you get 7-8k+ ES? Strong enough that you can do T15-16s with very few deaths.

I am unsure if I should try to bolster block, armour, evasion, phys reduction, or a bit of everything.

A few things I have tried so far/considered:
- Swapping out Frostbite for Enfeeble (would lose a lot of pen)
- Putting in Fortify instead of Inspiration and setting up Vortex for ST DPS to compensate (25-30% dps loss)
- Putting a Basalt/Rumi's instead of one of the other flasks (Atziri?)
- Squeeze in another defensive aura (Grace?) using Enlighten and putting Precision on Arrogance Support (Blood Magic)
- Putting on Chaos Golem instead of Ice Golem for more phys defense

Also, what would you drop to fit in Vortex, Unbound Ailments, Bonechill setup?

guide is updated with new build POBs for your last question.

On the defense side, all your recommendations are good. I would start with Flesh and Stone (also now in Budget Build PoB) and defensive flasks.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
All PoB guides and gem setup are updated. I also placed possible Alternate Quality Gems in the new PoBs.

Let me know if you see any error in any of the PoBs. I've worked quite a lot, but it's easy to miss stuff when you work with 5 different ones.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on May 9, 2021, 12:07:47 PM
Hey all.

First time playing CoC Ice Nova and really enjoying the build so far. However I find that I am getting one shot sometimes out of nowhere, and doing something like Shaper for instance is essentially impossible as I seem to die too easily. I see the PoB has like 7.5k ES but it seems impossible to get near that for me without spending like 50ex on gear that is BiS rares. Am I just missing something or is that just sort of how it goes with a build like this?

https://pastebin.com/sS5eiVar
Hey!

Thanks for the great build guide. I've respecd my BF/BB assassin into this and I'm definitely having way more fun.

I had a question about reaching the different CDR/APS breakpoints.
At what point do you invest into reaching the 53% CDR for the last breakpoint? I ask this because it seems you respec some points in your tree to reach the Precision notable.

Is it worth it to invest in some attack speed on something like a jewel or tailwind to reach the absolute cap (7.57APS) before you invest into reaching the latest breakpoint?

I'm sitting at 6.41 APS with 14%CDR at my build and was wondering for some upgrade paths: https://pastebin.com/mLQHr0aU

It's especially hard since without the respec to the Precision notable in the end-game tree, I'm missing both strength and dex. Finding this on belt/boots along with high ES and tailwind/cdr etc. makes it very expensive.

I was thinking about getting Tailwind boots and maybe an ES/AS jewel for getting close to 7.57APS.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Oborawatbinost on May 10, 2021, 10:49:57 AM
so i've looked into the 50 ex - 100 ex version of the build... And is there more realistic items i can achieve, the helmet alone is worth more than my actual build , there is no way i can do this through harvest
ty for the build
Last edited by goldengoblin on May 10, 2021, 3:41:19 PM
"
AcidCitrus wrote:
so i've looked into the 50 ex - 100 ex version of the build... And is there more realistic items i can achieve, the helmet alone is worth more than my actual build , there is no way i can do this through harvest

Hi Acid. Crown of the Inward Eye is still great option. They are couple of exalts with 40% ice nova enchant.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
R3kt3m wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently at level 85 and have followed the tree (more or less). I've got a Shav in my stash with 6sockets but not yet 6linked (4 links at the moment) and a thread of hope in my tree.
I'm piss poor atm (144c) so it's not like I can buy a lot of stuff. Since the tree in this guide goes to 85 I'm not sure how best to proceed with the limited budget and gear I have to transition into low life.
Items

What would you guys recommend I do?

Many thanks in advance

i would say that, do not stress to much going to Low Life. What you have in terms of items and skills are already very good. Farm more, and then buy items 1 by 1. In the guide, i explain what's the starting point for converting to low life. Have a look there.

Thanks for comming back to my question... In the mean time I converted to low life, got me some energy shield items and converted my tree and gem setup according to the updated POB for 3.14

What I'm missing though seems to be crit strike chance according to my POB: https://pastebin.com/LbdYXS6n
But I can't seem to find the reason why when comparing to your POB. The gems which give extra crit chance on 20% quality are also in my build, got the flask up, got the same tree setup (only need to go to Foresight, at lvl91 atm), got cinderswallow with added 79% crit chance.. And yet POB is stating only 58% or so crit chance on cyclone. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: nevermind, found it.. had to configure power charges and such in configuration.. at 100% crit change when they are up :)
Last edited by R3kt3m on May 11, 2021, 10:03:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info