[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's ❄️ LL CoC Ice Nova/Spear Assassin ❄️ Ready for 3.19 Fun Lake Farming!!!

"
lavide wrote:
I have just transitioned into LL and need some advices.

I have currently close to 10ex-ish for item upgrades and wonder what I should do.

POB: https://pastebin.com/VR4usibQ

1) my cold resistance is not capped at 71% > gotta work on that

2) level my skill gems

2) what else can I improve on with my current budget?

I have just started POE 3 weeks-ish ago and still trying to get myself familiarized.

Hi Lavide, I've just checked your build. For a new starter, you have pretty good build and understanding. It's really nice. A few small suggestions for you:

1) Your Arcane Surge is level 20. Idea here is to spend enough mana with Dash to trigger Arcane Surge (more spell damage). However, when it's Level 20, you have to spend 400 mana to trigger Arcane Surge. That's equivalent of 25 times Dash needs to be used consecutively to trigger it. I recommend you to get a new Arcane Surge and level it only until Level 6 and keep it there.

2) You already know it. You need to cap Cold resistance. You also need it to be higher than the other resistances to get benefit from Wise Oak Flask. Wise Oak will penetrate resistances of the highest uncapped Resistance (all all our resistances are soft capped at 75%, instead of final cap at 90%). Therefore, you need Cold Resistance somewhere to get best use of the flask.

3) I see at least in PoB that vortex + hextouch + frostbite + bonechill is not linked all together. Hextouch and Frostbite are seperated from the others. They all must be linked all together to make them work.

Overall, you have just shy of 4M DPS without Cold Res capped is not bad at all. Enjoy :) Here is a slightly reworked PoB for you: https://pastebin.com/sKmWezFH Notice that near Deep Wisdom, you had two unnecessary passives taken (at least in PoB). I allocated them for "Utmost Intellect" for extra damage and ES, and "Influence" to boost our Auras.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
lavide wrote:

I have currently close to 10ex-ish for item upgrades and wonder what I should do.

2) level my skill gems

I have just started POE 3 weeks-ish ago and still trying to get myself familiarized.

Hi Lavide, I've just checked your build. For a new starter, you have pretty good build and understanding. It's really nice. A few small suggestions for you:

1) Your Arcane Surge is level 20. Idea here is to spend enough mana with Dash to trigger Arcane Surge (more spell damage). However, when it's Level 20, you have to spend 400 mana to trigger Arcane Surge. That's equivalent of 25 times Dash needs to be used consecutively to trigger it. I recommend you to get a new Arcane Surge and level it only until Level 6 and keep it there.

2) You already know it. You need to cap Cold resistance. You also need it to be higher than the other resistances to get benefit from Wise Oak Flask. Wise Oak will penetrate resistances of the highest uncapped Resistance (all all our resistances are soft capped at 75%, instead of final cap at 90%). Therefore, you need Cold Resistance somewhere to get best use of the flask.

3) I see at least in PoB that vortex + hextouch + frostbite + bonechill is not linked all together. Hextouch and Frostbite are seperated from the others. They all must be linked all together to make them work.

Overall, you have just shy of 4M DPS without Cold Res capped is not bad at all. Enjoy :) Here is a slightly reworked PoB for you: https://pastebin.com/sKmWezFH Notice that near Deep Wisdom, you had two unnecessary passives taken (at least in PoB). I allocated them for "Utmost Intellect" for extra damage and ES, and "Influence" to boost our Auras.

ahhh thanks for the advices qosmoz! I was kinda wondering how does frostbite works with hextouch with no triggering skills hhaahahah. I did not notice the 2 wasted passives points until I saw the reworked POB you did for me, thanks for pointing it out!

So for my next upgrade, currently have ~20 ex

1) I should be getting a rare helmet (with the resistances to cover the resistance on my elder ring) + 2 circle of fear? & since circle of fear will have cold resistance, it will fix whatever cold resistance I lack and help with the wise oak right?

2) bottled faith

have a good day qosmoz!
Last edited by lavide on May 16, 2021, 6:33:00 AM
"
lavide wrote:
"
QosmozGaming wrote:
"
lavide wrote:

2) level my skill gems

ahhh thanks for the advices qosmoz! I was kinda wondering how does frostbite works with hextouch with no triggering skills hhaahahah. I did not notice the 2 wasted passives points until I saw the reworked POB you did for me, thanks for pointing it out!

So for my next upgrade, currently have ~20 ex

1) I should be getting a rare helmet (with the resistances to cover the resistance on my elder ring) + 2 circle of fear? & since circle of fear will have cold resistance, it will fix whatever cold resistance I lack and help with the wise oak right?

2) bottled faith

have a good day qosmoz!

hi Lavide, I would go towards rare helmet to fix your resistances + high energy shield. Then work towards other upgrades.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Hi, QosmozGaming

COuld you take a look at my PoB and setup. I am only showing like 40k DPS and I dont think my PoB is setup right and I want to make sure I haven't screwed anything up on my build

Also not sure how I can fit that Vortex setup into the build or if I should

https://pastebin.com/riXs5iDB

Thanks,
Chris
Hey man!

I've been following your build and took some additional inspiration from poeninja top players, would you be able to take a look at my build and provide some inputs on how I could improve it further?
I'm considering switching the concentrated effect support, however my crit rate really suffers. What could I do to avoid that?
Currently I have around 11 ex to spare, not sure what I should spend on first.

https://pastebin.com/HifUXX6k

Thank you!
Hey! How can i speed up the build? Not like rider fast but a bit faster, i am using a alch quicksilver of adrenaline and sin trecks
What's the best way to make this build tankier? Just more ES nodes? My gear's pretty meh, only like 30-40ex in the character, but at this point all the "upgrades" are just damage really. Yeah I'm missing like 20-30 ES on my boots and 40-50 on my belt, maybe a %ES roll on belt too. Any way we could get endurance charges or would it be not worth it?

My ES is at 6.7k rn, probably can break 7k with better belt/boots, but having like 9-10k would be pretty cool. My damage already seems pretty good and I don't even have any of the big ticket items like Bottled/Watcher's/-9 Cold Res Helm/Unnerve gloves. I feel like you could fairly easily sacrifice DPS on the tree for my ES nodes no? Right next to 8 6% nodes so that'd probably be a pretty huge boost. Maybe could even drop a Circle of Fear for a fat flat ES ring.

Idk, I'm getting tilted at how much I'm dying, I should be like 96 at this point probably. It could be partly user error, especially given the maps I roll. I just feel that given the damage I'm doing right now, given how many pieces I'm missing, it'd be fairly easy to sacrifice some DPS, that largely does nothing for mapping as you one shot everything anyway, to gain significant tankines. Do you have any input/recommendations?

Also I constantly see that ES on hit watchers adds tankiness, but I don't see how it'd do anything for getting one shot? To sustain 100%, it's probably nuts, but it doesn't offer any actual mitigation unless I'm missing something.

Im also not using CWDT IC, I opted for Blood/Sand and Flesh/Stone instead, feel like it's more consistent and reliable mitigation, and the added AOE is cool too. But mahybe I'll give it a shot since Flesh/Stone mitigation only works against mobs that are far away. I guess I can try swapping those two and Vitality for CWDT IC and skitterbots, just saw that this setup was somewhat popular as well.

Also, is Flame Dash the only way we're igniting for Cinderswallow?
Last edited by Shayd_ on May 16, 2021, 9:43:11 PM
Hi, Qosmoz. Fairly new player here. I was told that Chance to Hit is very important in CoC builds but nowhere do I see anything to cap it out. Can you please help? Thank you for the build!
Hi, i am running the LL CoC Ice Nova Assasin build and looking for next upgrades. My damage feels really good and i can easily do T16 ultimatums and mapping, but i feel like my defense needs to get upgraded for end game bossing, for example i get easily 1-shotted by A8 sirius.

Can you help me with what to upgrade next to make A8 sirius viable to do?
My damage is good but just need to be able to survive the 1-shots to be able to get the ES leech / regen off.

Also running with awakened added cold damage, is increased critical strikes better to use?

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/k9wXqCeQ
Last edited by Obirynn on May 17, 2021, 6:30:22 AM
Hey Qosmoz's,

Loving the build, probably the most enjoyable league I've had so far.
I'm nearing the complete endgame with the build but my PoB says that I am at only aprox 6mil damage while your PoB says I should be at more than double that.

I've still got a few things to upgrade such as Circles of Fear and some gem levels and alternate qualities. Could you please check my PoB if I'm calculating my damage incorrectly or if I'm missing something crucial? I'll admit im not the best at using PoB, especially not for CoC builds.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/L7AG6jci

Thanks!
Last edited by mrdeath123 on May 17, 2021, 8:43:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info