[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

Should I aim for the cluster road? This is my gear right now. What should I upgrade next? Thanks great tanky build !

"
dmoniak wrote:
Should I aim for the cluster road? This is my gear right now. What should I upgrade next? Thanks great tanky build !

For the tree: Skill Mystic Bulwark for Spell Block!

You can either

a) if you feel tanky enough right now, go for the Cluster Jewels now, at least if you feel comfortable with your life. The Clusters are pretty cheap and provide a lot of Spell Block Chance/dps.

b) Just skill the life wheel and the jewel socket towards Constitution to get big survivability.

Either way, when you get high level, remove the path towards Arcane Potency and Purity of Flesh eventually. Clusters and Life wheel are stronger.

Gear Upgrades (in order of cost efficiency):
Better (Abyss-)Jewels (you don't need corrupted blood immunity until red maps)
Gloves with Pierce craft
Amulet with more dps stats
Cinderswallow Urn with crit craft
Tailwind Boots
Shield with more offensive stats
Frenzy/Crit Chest
Last edited by Moethelion on Nov 2, 2020, 6:45:50 PM
The build is fun, the clear speed is good, the leveling is super smooth with flame wall and your lvling guide is really usefull (started yesterday, im 86 right now)... But damn, my single target with blazing salvo is really, really bad, i dont know what is going on.

It takes me 40s minimum to down a t16 boss. I feel like my fireballs deal way more dmg on single target.

I tried to take a large cluster jewel with essence rush and mage hunter, it was better but still bad (i forgot to take spell block node so i removed my cluster).

Its sad cause the build is fun, maybe i miss something.
Last edited by adilsonx on Nov 2, 2020, 7:55:24 PM
"
adilsonx wrote:
The build is fun, the clear speed is good, the leveling is super smooth with flame wall and your lvling guide is really usefull (started yesterday, im 86 right now)... But damn, my single target with blazing salvo is really, really bad, i dont know what is going on.

It takes me 40s minimum to down a t16 boss. I feel like my fireballs deal way more dmg on single target.

I tried to take a large cluster jewel with essence rush and mage hunter, it was better but still bad (i forgot to take spell block node so i removed my cluster).

Its sad cause the build is fun, maybe i miss something.

The Cluster Jewels do have a pretty big impact on DPS, since you get a lot of damage while leeching and culling strike. Also, remove the node towards Dynamo and skill something better (for example the life node in the top).

Blazing Salvo Level 21 will give you 20% more damage. Levels on the main skills are huge for spell casters, so maybe you want to buy one, if you want to immediately push T16.

You could go for a shield and an amulet with some damage mods, shouldn't be too hard to find some (especially an amulet). If you struggle with res, get a stygian vise with res, those are pretty cheap.

For Playstyle: Make sure to stand pretty close to the boss and let your Intensify stacks build up (see video showcase). If you constantly interrupt your spell with movement, you will deal significantly less dps. Of course, sometimes you have to move to dodge, but try to do that with a single shield charge. If you stand too far away, not all Salvo Projectiles will hit the boss, and if you stand too close, some will fly through the boss as well.
Last edited by Moethelion on Nov 3, 2020, 1:26:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, will look into it !
Love the build but I die easly dont know how to change that.
I feel like I am very well geard at the moment, but I also feel like I might be missing something big? I just hit 72, and I'm getting smoked by red maps. Am I just missing a significant amount of levels here?

Any advice n what I am missing, or what key nodes I just don't have.
I like this build a lot, just leveling it tho...
i have a question, for rampage isn't better to just weapon swap to Sinvicta's Mettle, Kill some mobs to start generating rampáge and then weapon swap to our common weapons/shield? that way we keep the gloves + we gain rampage... Just saying :D
"
lucassan wrote:
I like this build a lot, just leveling it tho...
i have a question, for rampage isn't better to just weapon swap to Sinvicta's Mettle, Kill some mobs to start generating rampáge and then weapon swap to our common weapons/shield? that way we keep the gloves + we gain rampage... Just saying :D

Yeah I read about that on Reddit yesterday. Didn't know that was possible. Should be better, yes.
"
Arkaon wrote:
I feel like I am very well geard at the moment, but I also feel like I might be missing something big? I just hit 72, and I'm getting smoked by red maps. Am I just missing a significant amount of levels here?

Any advice n what I am missing, or what key nodes I just don't have.

Any help at all? I can't even do T9 maps without getting 1shot, and I feel like I am missing something big, or have f'd up somewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info