[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

Looks like these are the changes to Inquisitor and Salvo's support gems:

Inquisitor: No longer has Immunity to Elemental Ailments while on Consecrated Ground. Now has “Effects of Consecrated Ground you create Linger for 4 seconds”.
Here's the support gems:

Intensify:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 140%).
Supported Skills now deal 10-14% more Area Damage with Hits per Intensity (previously 14-22%).
Supported Skills now have 30-49% increased Area of Effect (previously 35-54%).

Pinpoint:
Supported Skills now deal 20% more Projectile Damage with Hits per Intensity (previously 30%).

Controlled Destruction:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).
Now causes Supported Skills to deal 25% more Spell Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged) and 39% more Spell Damage at gem level 20 (previously 44%).
Now causes Supported Skills to have 80% less Critical Strike Chance (previously 100% reduced).
Quality on the Anomalous Controlled Destruction Support no longer grants “Supported Skills have 0-60% reduced Critical Strike Chance”. It now grants “Supported Skills have 0-20% less Critical Strike Chance”.

Spell Echo:
Now has a 160% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 140%).
Supported Skills now have 40-54% more Cast Speed (previously 51-70%).

Concentrated Effect:
Supported Skills now deal 25-39% more Area Damage (previously 35-54%).

Interested to hear your initial thoughts.
Also:
Shield Charge:
Now has the Physical tag.
Now deals 16 to 25 Base Off Hand Physical Damage at gem level 1 (previously 16 to 24), up to 320 to 525 at gem level 20 (previously 190 to 284).
Now deals 3 to 4 Added Physical Damage per 15 Armour or Evasion Rating on Shield at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 4 to 6 at gem level 20 (previously 3 to 4).
No longer has +0.2% to Critical Strike Chance per 10 Maximum Energy Shield on Shield.

No cooldown ^_^
Don't forget the conc ground crit nerf. It's a fucking joke... Intensify and Pinpoint got the biggest nerfs of all gems despite having a massive downside of having to stand still. Controlled destruction seems unusable now.

I will play and test the build regardless, but it did get nerfed heavily.

Upside: Mana multipliers don't really matter for the build. Shield charge MUCH better relative speed. Fireball damage "just" went down by about 20%.
Last edited by Moethelion on Jul 21, 2021, 1:01:14 PM
Hey with the nerf to controlled destruction, I though elemental focus was a better link than the crit chance. I dont see the ignite doing too much for the build, or am I missing something?
"
Cory1 wrote:
Hey with the nerf to controlled destruction, I though elemental focus was a better link than the crit chance. I dont see the ignite doing too much for the build, or am I missing something?

It does matter for Cinderswallow Urn, and with lightning spell damage on the weapon you could easily shock bosses as well. I have to see, how useful Cinderswallow is, and if shocking map bosses is still possible, but for the moment I would not want to miss out on the opportunity of afflicting these ailments.
Hii i dont know if its a bug or if its is working, but when i gain intensity charges the damage dont grow, any one know about that?? or its inly that the tooltip dont show it
"
pablogmarques wrote:
Hii i dont know if its a bug or if its is working, but when i gain intensity charges the damage dont grow, any one know about that?? or its inly that the tooltip dont show it

Tooltip doesn't show it.
You write that
Spoiler
- The heavy mana cost increase across the board will not matter too much for this build due to Eldritch Battery. This is a big upside, because we can still run multiple powerful auras.
But in pob, i cant see you got the eldritch battery. Am I missing something?
"
Calvera_ wrote:
You write that
Spoiler
- The heavy mana cost increase across the board will not matter too much for this build due to Eldritch Battery. This is a big upside, because we can still run multiple powerful auras.
But in pob, i cant see you got the eldritch battery. Am I missing something?

Devouring diadem has built in eldritch battery. Leveling trees have it skilled.
oh ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info