[3.12] Cast While Channelling VD/Any Skill Chieftain - Terrific all rounder, easy A8 Sirus

I tried this build but i keep getting oneshotted by random mobs, sometimes.
Has anyone an advice on what i should improve next in equip?

Cannot even see the ground with so many balls on Sirius. Failed AL5.
I still feel pretty squishy to the point where I get one shot. I can sustain the self-damage for the most part, but in terms of defenses, I seem to be lacking.

Can someone take a look at my character and tell me if I should change something?
WastedTime and Ashwin
I notice you both aren't using special reserve (cluster notable), which gives us a lot of life regen since we are running flasks almost constantly.
I'll try that, however, most of the time, it's the one-shot that kills me. So I'm not sure if regen would help.

FWIW, I have 5k hp and a 3k ES buffer with corrupted soul/immortal ambition.
"
Ashwin wrote:
I'll try that, however, most of the time, it's the one-shot that kills me. So I'm not sure if regen would help.

This build fluctuates in HP a lot. Your HP can dip quickly, and the regen helps that to not happen. It is usually only one shots when you are already losing HP that kill you, not when you are full. I have less life and energy shield than you, and while I do die occasionally, usually in rippy maps, the build still is very tanky.
Hi, first of all, thanks for the build. I'm enjoying it a lot. As the OP says, it's a great all rounder.

One question: does increasing the man cost of skills allows us to generate more corpses? My voidbringer gloves are 44, my regeneration is pretty good, and I'm wondering if increasing the mana cost through more mana cost on voidbringer will be good.
I agree that getting one-shotted is more common with this build than with other builds that otherwise feel similarly tanky. Some of the mitigations I've used that have helped (but not eliminated) this include:

* Bigger life pool (I felt a noticeable difference going from 4.8k to 5.4k life)
* Find a way to get some chaos res (body/rings, cluster jewel passives, Glorious Vanity small nodes, Amethyst Flask for chaos-heavy bosses)
* Use a Basalt flask instead of Jade/Quartz (Jade is better on average but not as consistent against one-shots, phasing isn't a huge deal with cyclone)
* Make sure you have an anti-corrupted-blood jewel

"
rhenk75 wrote:

One question: does increasing the man cost of skills allows us to generate more corpses? My voidbringer gloves are 44, my regeneration is pretty good, and I'm wondering if increasing the mana cost through more mana cost on voidbringer will be good.

Most of the level 96+ poe.ninja listings for similar builds are using higher (65+) mana cost rolls on their Voidbringers. I'm currently using 54, and with that I felt like corpse generation was more comfortable if I swapped out Blade Blast for Greater Volley in the Unearth setup. I haven't been able to afford an Awakened Spell Cascade yet; presumably that would increase the corpse generation requirements.
Delete
Last edited by Arukabe on Oct 23, 2020, 5:13:48 PM
"
Arukabe wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:

You use wrong item, change Replica Soul Tether to Soul Tether for immortal ambition.

I am using Ahuana for immortal ambition + replica soul tether for corrupted soul.

I could use Doryani + regular soul tether, but it essentially does the same thing, I believe.
"
Ashwin wrote:
"
Arukabe wrote:
"
Ashwin wrote:

You use wrong item, change Replica Soul Tether to Soul Tether for immortal ambition.

I am using Ahuana for immortal ambition + replica soul tether for corrupted soul.

I could use Doryani + regular soul tether, but it essentially does the same thing, I believe.

Yes, my bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info