[3.12] Cast While Channelling VD/Any Skill Chieftain - Terrific all rounder, easy A8 Sirus

So i've taken quite the interest in your build, VD is my favorite Skill ( i have like 30 days playtime on my VD spellslinger char ) and the build seems F ing amazing, even thought i found it a bit squishy at first

One of the thing that bothered me was the fact that i should level another char, and i didn t have the pathfinder ascendancy (it feels too good i can t get enough of it)

With that said, i ve tried changing the build a bit around to fit with my current char, level 96 scion that i would respec, i ve played around the tree on PoB a bit, and i think i ve managed to make something pretty good, but since the build contain self degen and other mechanics, i would like to know if i ve missed something

also somethings i ve found while building the tree:
-for more tankyness, a bit of damage can be dropped for a skin of the lord with call to arms, although getting one with the right color is a pain, other option could be phase acro, but i don t think itll be that good
-for more tankyness, glancing blow can be taken quite easily on the tree for pretty much nothing, and since we use a staff, getting block chance is a peace of cake
-the flask regen from scion/pathfinder could be a great way to play the build since mana flask become quite easy to sustain, and the other flask have a better uptime since we use a magic diamond flask
-boots can be replaced for more speed while moving but i worry that VD wont be in range to use the corpse we generate some times

So if someone that successfuly played the build could check my PoB and tell me if i missed something important :https://pastebin.com/5PNyukp1

PS: i didn t really took the time to read all the previous post, i just read the mian one, if anything i ve said has already been discussed, i m sorry
I think I'm in a fairly good place, although I still cannot consistently do Sirus 8. What should be the next upgrades for my character?
"
Ashwin wrote:
I think I'm in a fairly good place, although I still cannot consistently do Sirus 8. What should be the next upgrades for my character?

Unnatural Instinct is probably your best buy. Awakened gems if you don't have them. You could probably get a better watchers eye, but I would leave that for last.
So I have decided to take this build in a little different direction. I switched VD for Bladefall. I dropped desecrate and spell cascade, and put zealotry and combustion in the staff instead. I dropped unearth setup, and changed to a level 10 CWDT, level 12 Ice Golem, level 13 blade blast and concentrated effect.

Overall, it feels tankier, I think because there is no lag time between balls being created and enemies dying. Clear seems faster, but single target is definitely slower, but not by much, just enough to be noticeable.

Edit: Dealing with tight doors in Heist is harder, because you can't send balls in to break up the group, you pretty much just YOLO in.
Last edited by Neomeris85 on Oct 26, 2020, 9:57:06 PM
And then i just realised that this build doenst have any curse on it ... can i drop Blade fall or wave of conviction setup for curse instead ?
p/s: got 80% this build gear but still get one hit by random unique or rare mob ... :|
I feel Skin of the Loyal I'm using is a bit of a trap as it barely offers defenses and the only reason I'm using it is because it was a cheap snipe early in the league.

I honestly recommend a high life/chaos res life chest, ideally one with crit chance.

Another chest I used to success was Expedition's End because the option of freezing everything around you is ridiculous.
Im Using Replica Loreweave. Kinda great because its provide pretty decent needed stats for our build. Could be switch to Basic Loreweave for more res. Im using Replica because im kinda lack at dps atm.
I need more damage for bosses. Does anyone have an idea how I can improve my equipment?
I really like the idea of Expedition's End. Freezing stuff would make this much tankier I think. Too bad it is like 12 ex for a six link.

However, the Replica Loreweave is an awesome idea. Putting it in PoB, I get big gains to everything except resistances and evasion rating. I am definitely going to try it when I can.
"
Schwiy wrote:
I need more damage for bosses. Does anyone have an idea how I can improve my equipment?

I'm doing tests with Martyr of Innocence but it's honestly not as good as the Disintegrator purely damage wise, so that would be the first switch.

Your next upgrade is a Awakened Spell Cascade > Bottled Faith > Crit Multi Amulet > Crit Multi belt corruption

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info