[3.12] Cast While Channelling VD/Any Skill Chieftain - Terrific all rounder, easy A8 Sirus

do you have some leveling passive? really want to play but don't know how to start
Hey, this looks cool and I think I'm gonna start it. Quick question though, how am I sustaining corpses on boss fights?
"
j33bus wrote:
Hey, this looks cool and I think I'm gonna start it. Quick question though, how am I sustaining corpses on boss fights?

Desecrate and unearth linked to CWDT. Using cyclone makes us take damage from Scold's, this triggers the CWDT. Very smooth, nothing to manage.
"
Neomeris85 wrote:
"
j33bus wrote:

Desecrate and unearth linked to CWDT. Using cyclone makes us take damage from Scold's, this triggers the CWDT. Very smooth, nothing to manage.

I looked for it a lot, and I just missed that like 20 times. I am a dumb.
I tried out a few of the variations from similar builds on poe.ninja. I found:

* Replica Atziri's Foible makes a noticeable difference, it's extremely strong for us (the +30% life recovery rate functions *both* as an increase to regen *and also* as an increase to maximum total leech rate). Be sure to catalyst it!
* I switched from Skin of the Lords/Loyal to a rare chest; I can't afford spell crit/explody yet, but I still like the rare chest better, having a bigger life pool and another spot to gain chaos resist from is a bigger deal to me than the damage loss.
* I tried switching to a life + recovery belt like most of the poe.ninja builds were using, but I think I like the Soul Tether + Glorious Vanity better; the extra ES buffer is nice.
* I tried a Watcher's Eye with "damage taken gained as mana in clarity", but it didn't seem particularly great to me; it wasn't enough to avoid using mana flasks constantly, and if I'm using mana flasks constantly anyway, it doesn't seem very necessary. I would prioritize damage options and "life gain on hit in vitality" more, I think. I'm still using a +54-mana Voidbringer, so maybe it's more necessary with a higher roll there? I'm curious whether "gain a flask charge on crit in precision" makes a noticeable difference in boss fights; I'm expecting not because of the cooldown rate on the charge gain, but I haven't tried it.
* I sacrificed the right side of the skill tree to pick up some more life near Constitution, some AoE nodes, and Heart of Flame. Heart of Flame is great because it replaces the benefit of Energy Leech Support, so there's no real reason not to use Elemental Focus instead.
* I replaced Blade Blast with Greater Volley; I didn't find a great way to measure its impact objectively, but it "feels" better to me to have more corpse generation.

Maybe with another level or two I'll try out the Thread of Hope -> Divine Judgement/Arcane Capacitor path and replace Arcane Surge Support and Enduring Cry with Enlighten/Vitality.

I haven't tried Undertaker/Kitava's Teaching or Vaal Breach yet, but would like to give them a shot soon.

I don't feel very interested in trying the Animate Guardian setup; I don't want to have to worry about remembering to desummon it in dangerous situations, and there's lots of other upgrades I'd rather save for instead (better body/rings/unnatural instinct/awakened spell cascade).
Build looks amazing.

I'll wont be trying it out this league (since I'm also working on my own guide) but this is something I want to try for next league. Budget and Power are my favorite mixes.
"
brosmike wrote:
I tried out a few of the variations from similar builds on poe.ninja. I found:

Hi man!
I also tried a lot of different options with this build.
Its great in clean speed, but I still dying from sirius beams. Maybe I need to cap my chaos res.
Yesterday I bought crit+explode chest, feels funny, but I rly think it dont worth it. Coz our clean speed also good without it and explode is useless on bosses, and crit chance dont help a lot. I wanna try spell crit + one more curse, and put Flamability. What do you think about it?
cheers
"
brosmike wrote:

* Replica Atziri's Foible makes a noticeable difference, it's extremely strong for us (the +30% life recovery rate functions *both* as an increase to regen *and also* as an increase to maximum total leech rate). Be sure to catalyst it!

I am using a Carnage Heart. The replica is more regen, but the carnage heart pretty much fixes my dex requirements, and it is slightly more damage. I might switch to the replica if I get another way to fix my dex.

"
brosmike wrote:

* I switched from Skin of the Lords/Loyal to a rare chest; I can't afford spell crit/explody yet, but I still like the rare chest better, having a bigger life pool and another spot to gain chaos resist from is a bigger deal to me than the damage loss.

I switched to skin of the lords with Call to Arms on it. I love the QoL of having an instant cast enduring cry. If I were to drop this, I would probably drop the warcry, but I am not sure where I would get endurance charges from then?

"
brosmike wrote:

* I sacrificed the right side of the skill tree to pick up some more life near Constitution, some AoE nodes, and Heart of Flame. Heart of Flame is great because it replaces the benefit of Energy Leech Support, so there's no real reason not to use Elemental Focus instead.

Even with Heart of the Flame, wouldn't energy leech still be useful? Heart of the Flame doesn't replace it right? You get both effects?

"
brosmike wrote:

* I replaced Blade Blast with Greater Volley; I didn't find a great way to measure its impact objectively, but it "feels" better to me to have more corpse generation.

So are you running both Greater Volley and GMP? I replaced Blade Blast temporarily with Flammability, until I get some curse on hit gloves.

"
brosmike wrote:

I don't feel very interested in trying the Animate Guardian setup; I don't want to have to worry about remembering to desummon it in dangerous situations, and there's lots of other upgrades I'd rather save for instead (better body/rings/unnatural instinct/awakened spell cascade).

I switched to it, haven't done anything majorly dangerous yet, so no need to desummon. But I have seen a noticeable increase in DPS on bosses, of course, it is useless for clear.
i d'ont see ur skilltree :/
"
qozmo wrote:

Its great in clean speed, but I still dying from sirius beams. Maybe I need to cap my chaos res.

This matches my experience. Sirus is doable, but much more challenging than with other characters I've fought him on; it took me all 6 portals to beat A6 Sirus last night. I'm sure you could do better at this if you were more practiced at the fight, I'm definitely not perfect at dodging the die beams.

"
qozmo wrote:

Yesterday I bought crit+explode chest, feels funny, but I rly think it dont worth it. Coz our clean speed also good without it and explode is useless on bosses, and crit chance dont help a lot. I wanna try spell crit + one more curse, and put Flamability. What do you think about it?
cheers

That makes sense to me! I could also imagine going for more Life Recovery on the body. I managed to corrupt a Voidbringer with Elemental Weakness on Hit; if I were to go for a second curse I'd probably lean towards Flammability, but I could also imagine going Enfeeble or Temporal Chains for some extra defense.

"
Neomeris85 wrote:

I am using a Carnage Heart. The replica is more regen, but the carnage heart pretty much fixes my dex requirements, and it is slightly more damage. I might switch to the replica if I get another way to fix my dex.

Carnage Heart seems like a reasonable choice. Note that replica does help with dex requirements too, in that it reduces attribute requirements from gems (the main reason we need dex).

"
Neomeris85 wrote:

I switched to skin of the lords with Call to Arms on it. I love the QoL of having an instant cast enduring cry. If I were to drop this, I would probably drop the warcry, but I am not sure where I would get endurance charges from then?

I thought this too, but I've found since switching to a rare that Charging Offensive is sufficient most of the time; I only bother to use Enduring Cry if I'm about to start a boss fight. I plan to try dropping it in favor of Enlighten/Vitality.

"
Neomeris85 wrote:

Even with Heart of the Flame, wouldn't energy leech still be useful? Heart of the Flame doesn't replace it right? You get both effects?

You get both effects, but practically speaking, we're much more limited by the total ES leech cap than the per-instance leech rate; we do enough fire damage that it's not hard to hit the total ES leech cap with just Heart of the Flame.

"
Neomeris85 wrote:

So are you running both Greater Volley and GMP? I replaced Blade Blast temporarily with Flammability, until I get some curse on hit gloves.

Yes, I'm using both GV and GMP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info