Creating Materials for Path of Exile: Heist

Pog
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Really hope you're not sacrificing performance to make stuff pretty. I'd rather be playing a smoothly running game that looks ok than a poorly running game that looks beautiful.

+1
Last edited by ZincGaming on Oct 4, 2020, 10:42:35 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Really hope you're not sacrificing performance to make stuff pretty. I'd rather be playing a smoothly running game that looks ok than a poorly running game that looks beautiful.

This 100%. I loved the post and your work. I love the aesthetic, the lore and Heist in general, at least conceptually speaking. The gameplay is poor at best, and in my case and other people in my guild, there are tilesets like laboratory that are unplayable because of the bad performance of the game.

I'll wait for the next patch to come, but it seems that it's time to force Hana's rescue and leave the game until the next league because I don't think it's fair to strive for a league with mediocre playability with even worse performance.

As I said, I love Heist as a concept, as a story. Tibbs and Huck will always be in my heart. But I'd like to know that I'll be able to complete Niles' last quest without fear of losing the contract again due to poor performance and without having to try to farm it in low tier maps to see if that will allow me to finish it.

The performance in the tileset laboratory is disastrous.
Really wish Heist was stable so I could enjoy it more. Crashed four times today playing and one was during a green contract I have been hanging on because it required an NPC to have a certain level in deception. Well I get her leveled and guess what???? The green contract crashes and all for not until it magically appears again later in the game. Frustrating crashes in this league! Oh and what's up with the silver coin you get after a crash?
"
RobaFett_ wrote:
Oh and what's up with the silver coin you get after a crash?

We should all get a random ilvl 75-80 contract every time a crash happens lol
"Look! More hidden footprints!" (2012)

Thanks Blizz/Activision for showing me the right path :)
Great work Mr. Dan....excellent! Maybe the code dwellars could learn from your brilliance! ;) Just sayin....
Yes, substance designer is amazing! gj on the materials.
Ah yes the mansion heist good to finally see it since I can't get it in game lol
Second-class poe gamer
I really enjoy to see the inner workings of the game overall, be it art related, technical stuff or the combination of both, i know this kind of stuff is really time consuming, i appreciate whenever stuff like this is shared, specially the technical stuff most of the time doesnt get as much recognition as visuals or sound, as i am a hobbyist and a very curious person, i vualue this type of information, salutations.
Although I've only just dove into PoE fully recently. I've always seen how with each major update the visuals have been updated. As a designer (10+ years last March!) myself, I appreciate the little details that I always see every time the game updates to a newer version. Loving every bit of the journey up to PoE 2!! Keep up the great work (and I am sure many of us like me appreciate the love you put into the game), GGG team!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info