3.12.3 Patch Notes Preview

"
Would really like to see the Twins encounter!

in two weeks, maybe. i doubt it will work when it gets patched in.
Very positive changes but, as some others have already put it, for the league to only potentially become fit for release 3 weeks after the initial launch is, frankly, shocking.
I did enjoy the league mechanic at first until it simply became more frustrating than it was worth. I have almost completely ignored Heist for about a week now, focussing on the vast amount of old content which still feels fun to interact with years later but I certainly cannot blame the people who have already called it quits this league, who, I am sure, have come to expect a much higher standard of league content from GGG.

One common theme in some of the above negative comments appears to be calling the upcoming patch a further "nerf" to the league which I cannot agree with whatsoever. You have to bear in mind that very early on, GGG have made a complete 180 on one of their league design decisions in removing alert gain per guards killed which has completely overturned the idea of "risk vs reward" in many of the heist scenarios, resulting in poorly balanced alert levels and extremely unexciting loot pinatas. Even after the alert levels were rebalanced, the "time before lockdown" stacking meta is still trivialising the content to the extent where players are still opening virtually everything on the way there rather than having to weigh their options and evaluate the risk of getting a bit too greedy. This should, in theory, bring some excitement back into the league mechanic and let's face it - the heist loot would still be worth it even if it was halved. The areas are becoming smaller and will now, allegedly, grant actual exp, so I am certainly excited for this.

One last piece of criticism if anyone is still reading the super long post: the artifacts rewarding only markers and rogue exp is an extremely boring mechanic. I do hope this is on the "pending improvement" list.

Happy upcoming weekend everyone. We are nearly there!
Oh no, people were actually able to use a strategy to get decent rewards from heist and make the league mechanic slightly better than mapping, let's better nerf that quickly mid-league!
I like my loot like my steak - RARE
"
Fixed an instance crash.

Is this the one referring to porting INTO OR Starting [X specific nodes] & out of [anywhere within] Delves?
This time round the launch quality really feels very slipshod. This doesn’t do justice to the team’s hard work Chris. :(
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
I can't believe these idiots that are saying, "it's too late,the league is done!" LOL. Hello!!! The league is 3 months, not 2 and 1/2 weeks!!

Unless someone is ego driven and is trying to beat another player to level 100, I really don't understand these posts. Only a tiny percentage of people already already have all the challenges done....

When will people understand that the league isn't called "Heist Race!"
This isn't a race, it's a league........ Unbelievable...

The only unbelievable thing said here, comes from you. If the huge amount of problems we had up to now made them understandably quit the league, good for them. If you didn't quit, and will keep playing, good for you, I am the same.

But don't act as if your point of view is the only justified and correct one? Get a grip on your ego dude...

How many other companies listen to the community when it comes to stuff like this???? GGG stands alone in that regard. At least they are FIXING the problems. But instead, all I hear is a bunch of ungrateful brats, acting as if their life depends upon this game or something.

GGG could have done absolutely nothing. So when they do make changes, they get more heat for it then had they done nothing at all....Maybe they should have just done nothing based upon the comments I'm reading.

Amen
Another week and we’ll be soon out of beta testing. League relaunch on track poggerz
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
we'll see how it goes once it's released I guess...
Last edited by Mentoya on Oct 1, 2020, 8:23:35 PM
Any chance you could / would be willing to also have talismans drop with random 20% quality.
Good stuff. I have hardly played in a week, in anticipation which is fine. Yes, this should have been flushed out prior to league start but it is what it is. I anticipate enjoying this league after the changes and I am glad ggg is willing to take the heat and fix stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info