3.12.2b Patch Notes Preview

"
Performance and Vulkan fixes when?

+1
Just a gamer with passion to grind forever. No Excuses! :)
When will you fix Demolition so the heist bandit huck,tibbs,Vinderi doesnt dance around the bomb if you stand too close to the door.

it's annoying.
There is not enough to do on the way into a heist, and too much BS on the way out (and you dont get XP from it? If it's because of the endless spawning, then ya know, don't do that).

Heists, since they are not about sneaking (which is fine, a heist means you stole something, not that you were nice and quiet about it), should have a regular map's worth of enemies on the way in, and rising alert levels from opening chests should scale up the enemy count on the way out (the more people that know that you are there to steal, the more people show up to stop you).

And this should be a set number of enemies that give XP on death (like +50% population if the alert level is 50%, or however you "balance" it). If the extra npc's don't drop anything, that is fine, you're there to focus on the heist target or also open lots of chests for good loot (which chests should be great at giving).

So your choice is to have a fast track into the target (which should ALWAYS include some chests that don't affect alert level next to it) which is easier and gives less xp and rewards (but you still got the contract done and some loot, and the other things) OR you open more in exchange for a harder, longer time out but you got more items and XP (and the same amount of other things - npc xp, etc.).

An Aside:

Also, you really need to think about the different between league resources dropping when a league is new vs when it gets baked into the base game. I know you want everyone engaging with the new content, but the differences can be rather stark.

And - you seem petrified of using any of these mechanics has mapping alternatives. You seem to be married to the idea that a new character MUST play through the now stale campaign and then must do maps (because that's where league-mechanic resources drop, instead of those mechanics existing more independently).

"Want to run delve constantly because you think it's... fun?! Sorry, go run maps and farm up more resources to run delve!" Or, you know, you could rebalance delve to be something to do beyond maps that doesn't require running map. Plenty of good options on how to do that, too.

Obviously for something like metamorph, that isn't possible, but for many mechanics, it is. Heist is something that could easily be a mapping alternative that doesn't rely on it.
"
Fixed a bug introduced in 3.12.0 where Skitterbots preferred pathing towards allies, rather than enemies.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2940594/page/1

Follower AI have some ,easy to reproduce, issues

- Any thief with Counter-Thaumaturgy job stalls/idles very often when attempting to do a job.
They either pull/attack mobs (rather than doing their job) or simply just stand there doing nothing.

-Thieves with Demolition job still have the dance-bug, despite you saying that it was fixed.
You need maybe to make their collision box smaller ,simply let them pass through your character or find another method to prevent the endless dancing when your player character is nearby.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
BINARYGOD wrote:
There is not enough to do on the way into a heist, and too much BS on the way out (and you dont get XP from it? If it's because of the endless spawning, then ya know, don't do that).

Heists, since they are not about sneaking (which is fine, a heist means you stole something, not that you were nice and quiet about it), should have a regular map's worth of enemies on the way in, and rising alert levels from opening chests should scale up the enemy count on the way out (the more people that know that you are there to steal, the more people show up to stop you).

And this should be a set number of enemies that give XP on death (like +50% population if the alert level is 50%, or however you "balance" it). If the extra npc's don't drop anything, that is fine, you're there to focus on the heist target or also open lots of chests for good loot (which chests should be great at giving).

So your choice is to have a fast track into the target (which should ALWAYS include some chests that don't affect alert level next to it) which is easier and gives less xp and rewards (but you still got the contract done and some loot, and the other things) OR you open more in exchange for a harder, longer time out but you got more items and XP (and the same amount of other things - npc xp, etc.).

An Aside:

Also, you really need to think about the different between league resources dropping when a league is new vs when it gets baked into the base game. I know you want everyone engaging with the new content, but the differences can be rather stark.

And - you seem petrified of using any of these mechanics has mapping alternatives. You seem to be married to the idea that a new character MUST play through the now stale campaign and then must do maps (because that's where league-mechanic resources drop, instead of those mechanics existing more independently).

"Want to run delve constantly because you think it's... fun?! Sorry, go run maps and farm up more resources to run delve!" Or, you know, you could rebalance delve to be something to do beyond maps that doesn't require running map. Plenty of good options on how to do that, too.

Obviously for something like metamorph, that isn't possible, but for many mechanics, it is. Heist is something that could easily be a mapping alternative that doesn't rely on it.

+1
"We'll deploy more improvements to the Heist league next week in the 3.12.3 update."

smoll pp power :(

What am i suppose to do now while i wait to play Heist again when they are hopefully more rewarding again?
Last edited by Imp0815 on Sep 30, 2020, 5:16:15 PM
Fixed a bug where Animated Guardians didn't lose their items when they died.

Welp, not that AG really rips if properly set up, but holy smokes those priorities....
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
remove the stupid item loss under lockdown it is disgusting.
Also the locked items under heist is a stupid idea from the get go.
So spectralsawblades just aint comming huh? SPEEEEEEECTRAL SAWBLADES, are we really less important than trashmobs to you guys????
Common man if they get it we should get it.
DOnt make me report you for harassment cause this is clearly bullying gods bullying mortals.
"
Fatknacker52 wrote:

A crash after every other Heist is now a proper pain in the arse. You're letting the playerbase down after a fortnight, such a shame with this leagues early promise...

By the way, the crashes to desktop not only appear in Heists, but also in the "normal" game, for instance when entering another player's hideout for trading. The overall stability of the game is far worse than in Harvest.

All of that could have been easily found out in a public beta, but then there would be not so much secret on what wonderful ideas they've invented ... I'd rather play with less bugs than with being surprised about the fascinating content of the league.

Just my 2 cents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info