3.12.2b Patch Notes Preview

Good progress now that we're entering the last two weeks of the four-month development cycle for Heist. I'm excited for the release.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
Jylok wrote:
I am also seeking a refund for this leagues supporter pack. Underwhelming content, bugs on bugs, forced to play the league like standard, creating a filter to omit all Heist content, terribad Door RP / NPC banter. 5 reworks in 2 weeks. 100% my fault for purchasing a supporter pack before fully giving the league a fair shake. Never again.

This can't be repeated enough. I'd have NEVER EVER bought a supporter pack if I knew what I was supporting wasn't even going to come to more than a thought, hope and dream.

And Animated Guardians losing items on death shouldn't even exist. Players farming or trading 4-10ex into a build for it to be lost to one of your BULLSHIT one shots isn't even worth incorporating it into a build, so another lost skill gem in the game. Why not just make every class start in the center and have every ascendency available to each class. Just call it Path of Imagination, because you have it and just can't execute it.
"
TalonFireClaw wrote:
"
BINARYGOD wrote:
There is not enough to do on the way into a heist, and too much BS on the way out (and you dont get XP from it? If it's because of the endless spawning, then ya know, don't do that).

Heists, since they are not about sneaking (which is fine, a heist means you stole something, not that you were nice and quiet about it), should have a regular map's worth of enemies on the way in, and rising alert levels from opening chests should scale up the enemy count on the way out (the more people that know that you are there to steal, the more people show up to stop you).

And this should be a set number of enemies that give XP on death (like +50% population if the alert level is 50%, or however you "balance" it). If the extra npc's don't drop anything, that is fine, you're there to focus on the heist target or also open lots of chests for good loot (which chests should be great at giving).

So your choice is to have a fast track into the target (which should ALWAYS include some chests that don't affect alert level next to it) which is easier and gives less xp and rewards (but you still got the contract done and some loot, and the other things) OR you open more in exchange for a harder, longer time out but you got more items and XP (and the same amount of other things - npc xp, etc.).

An Aside:

Also, you really need to think about the different between league resources dropping when a league is new vs when it gets baked into the base game. I know you want everyone engaging with the new content, but the differences can be rather stark.

And - you seem petrified of using any of these mechanics has mapping alternatives. You seem to be married to the idea that a new character MUST play through the now stale campaign and then must do maps (because that's where league-mechanic resources drop, instead of those mechanics existing more independently).

"Want to run delve constantly because you think it's... fun?! Sorry, go run maps and farm up more resources to run delve!" Or, you know, you could rebalance delve to be something to do beyond maps that doesn't require running map. Plenty of good options on how to do that, too.

Obviously for something like metamorph, that isn't possible, but for many mechanics, it is. Heist is something that could easily be a mapping alternative that doesn't rely on it.

+1

i agree with what you say in the first paragraph, second paragraph, is your opinion, and i do not necessarily agree. well said tho.
Good change about the Rogue Harbour!
"
256mosh wrote:
"
Jylok wrote:
I am also seeking a refund for this leagues supporter pack. Underwhelming content, bugs on bugs, forced to play the league like standard, creating a filter to omit all Heist content, terribad Door RP / NPC banter. 5 reworks in 2 weeks. 100% my fault for purchasing a supporter pack before fully giving the league a fair shake. Never again.

This can't be repeated enough. I'd have NEVER EVER bought a supporter pack if I knew what I was supporting wasn't even going to come to more than a thought, hope and dream.
I'm sorry you guys got [removed by player].

Thats why you never, EVER, EVVEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeR buy into the pre season hype. Always wait a few weeks and beta test the league yourself, then decide if you support.
LUL Stank Pug Chump Puggers ................... Soooo WEAK, soooo very weak LUL
Thank you for your diligent work on getting fixes out!
good
Please add a xp for stealing the item instead killing monsters.. :(
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Damn guess another week of no league content FeelsBadMan
"
widardd wrote:
That animated guardian bug had priority over the reworked icestorm not working properly with spell totem? Weird.

1 person playing some dodgy shit like Icestorm + Spell Totem or thousands of people using Animated Guardian.. hmm.. Its difficult to see why they prioritize as they do..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info