Recording Heist From Level 3

1% of players care about lore and dialogue bullshit. Spend less time, money, and effort on that and maybe try to ship a completed league at league launch.
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

and this guy has 2(!!!!) Challenges completed,

Why do you guys do that? I've been playing since 3.5 and I couldn't give two wet dog craps about the challenges. They mean nothing to me. Hell, multiple times I was sitting at 23 challenges and wouldn't even budge to get an easy one for the 24 completion. On the other hand, I have friends who always hit 40/40 but have to buy boss kills because they suck... (spoiler, that's how I met them lol)

Challenges don't mean nothing.
"
stellar476 wrote:
1% of players care about lore and dialogue bullshit. Spend less time, money, and effort on that and maybe try to ship a completed league at league launch.

sry dude, but you're just objectively wrong :)
a shallow experience equals no experience...
but hey, you apperently played pretty much every league you played til 20ish challenges anyway :)
profund judgement there!
"
stellar476 wrote:

I *mostly* agree with you... MOSTLY.

Because a lot of us were pissed when Sirus just showed the fuck up with no warning, no intro, no story whatsoever.

So it DOES matter, as in, if it's part of the narrative, it better be at least mediocre. BUT Harvest had basically zero story whatsoever, and nobody cared.

So that's how I'm mostly in agreeance with you, with that one caveat -- If it's there, it has to be at least mediocre (complete, even if bad, opposed to missing or broken)
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

and this guy has 2(!!!!) Challenges completed,

Why do you guys do that? I've been playing since 3.5 and I couldn't give two wet dog craps about the challenges. They mean nothing to me. Hell, multiple times I was sitting at 23 challenges and wouldn't even budge to get an easy one for the 24 completion. On the other hand, I have friends who always hit 40/40 but have to buy boss kills because they suck... (spoiler, that's how I met them lol)

Challenges don't mean nothing.

challenges mean nothing?
well, especially this league, there are so freaking many challenges you passively complete by playing the game, just play the game, and you complete them, naturally.
and yes, i judge others judgement by the amount of challenges, because that actually provides insight on how invested they are.
like, "hey guys your game is bad, league is boring" by someone with 2 challenges...? really? you would actually pay attention to that? he has no base to actually judge, on any objective level, the league at all, period.
someone who has lets say 36 already, would definitely have a way better view on it, while he sure grinded his ass off, he would have done enough heist to actually being able to judge.
I enjoy the voice acting SO MUCH in Heist! Absolutely amazing job!
"
Making Huck and Tullina awkwardly and repeatedly talk over each other is probably the greatest abuse of my power I've achieved while working at GGG, and hearing it brings me endless joy.

Step One: pick a grand Heist
Step two: bring Huck and Tulina

I do love character driven leagues, as Betrayal is one of my favorites. I like that this time the voicelines doesn't play on top of one another. Maybe implement that on Betrayal?

This league was the second that I stopped to listen to new dialogue (Harvest I listened to some, but was sparce), and it is a joy.
We did this specifically to avoid the Betrayal issue of characters yelling over each other in an unintelligible mess.

This is huge in so many ways and awesome at the same time. Generally I only run Dialog for bossing but I have noticed the cool conversations between the Heist npcs and honestly its awesome. I'm not a lore man but the effort you guys put in really shows.

as a Vet I can overlook the bugs and see the direction GGG took and honestly Im looking forward to enjoying more of Heist even if it takes a month to fix
Unfortunately voice acting and storyline is not why I and many others play an ActionRPG. What we play it for is right there in the genre "action" if I wanted to play a story driven game I'd be playing Final Fantasy or some other game alike that I have no interests in. I dont know about other people but I have most of the game sound off while I play music while doing the long grinds.
The main problem of heists is that it was released not properly tested, and I honestly dont see a reason for that even in the conditions we're all facing, in fact getting it tested now should of been easier then ever as most people are spending a majority of their time at home. Not to mention people could of been given private access "closed beta for say" that could of even only been people that are contributing to the game like content creators.
OMG, milking the coronavirus excuse is getting pretty lame. It's a convenient lame duck excuse at this point.

Be honest and except responsibility. Yes, Covid had an impact, we all know that, but come on. It didn't cause all the delays nor all the issues. If it did, what was GGG's excuse for the past few years? Not cool.

I wish I could get away at my job milking covid the way you guys do but people actually act grown up and take responsibility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info