PlayStation Heist Launch Delay

"
Morb_84 wrote:
Maybe I´m old school, but to ask for free stuff because of a technical error during the launch of a free (!!) game is a bit absurd.
It´s not like you paid 60 bucks for it and then have to download a 40 gb day one patch...

The developers working through the night atm, just so we can start playing as soon as possible.
We should be thankful for that and hope they get the job done quickly.

I play some free to play games that when development fucks up they give some freebees that are not game breaking like in game currency or some game convenience thing similar to stash tabs in PoE, so I don't see why what he asks is unreasonable.
"
Morb_84 wrote:
Maybe I´m old school, but to ask for free stuff because of a technical error during the launch of a free (!!) game is a bit absurd.
It´s not like you paid 60 bucks for it and then have to download a 40 gb day one patch...

The developers working through the night atm, just so we can start playing as soon as possible.
We should be thankful for that and hope they get the job done quickly.

Yeah i dont think thats how that works. Despite their free to play model they still expect to make a lot of money through micros right? Only because they have a different model of paying doesnt mean their are not expected to run their game properly. Fortnite for example was free to play aswell and they did massive live events for multiple million players without any issues for the most part( on the "bad" ps4). But for some reason GGG cant get a leaguestart off properly for like 10k+ people despite the ps4 release is already 6 days behind the pc start FOR THE EXACT REASON to have time to make sure everything works fine, and then on patchday there are some "unexpected issues". [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Sep 24, 2020, 4:32:37 AM
This game does not run and will never run better on the console, just play it on the PC, it should be very efficient.
I am pretty sure they will delay the start to friday or something.
"
gaeandilth wrote:
"
TheFirbs wrote:
"
Merry Heistmas everyone ! <3

(... as I wait patiently for my pressies)

All you are going to get are crashes and massive disappointment.

Fully expect Heist to be nigh unplayable on ps4. I mean they already admitted there was no fixes for PS4 crashing this patch. Pc players are throwing a fit about crashing in heist. So ps4 crashes + Heist crashes + whatever they screw up in this patch = crashmaggedon.

The somewhat hardcorish content where when you die and/or crash you lose your contraband won't help Heist either.

Even If they manage to somehow at least not increase the number of crashes, it still makes very likely that at some point you Will lose your loot during a Heist or Grand Heist.

On the bright side, if the league is indeed unplayable,vat least we will be able to use all the top tier gear we crafted in Harvest with whatever else we have in Standard to destroy whatever the game throws at us. I am still waiting awake not to league start, but to play the juiciest 100% delirious T16 I can make on Standard.
"
Cytec1337 wrote:
"
gaeandilth wrote:
"
I’m sure it’ll be fine, pretty impressive that they managed to get a game with this much demand on processing power to function on a PS4 to begin with.
Just need to be patient, enjoy your day/night and it will all work out 💥

Lol you are kidding right? This game can run on a 20 dollar pc bought at a garage sale just fine. Not the ps4s power at all. I run it on a ps4 pro with SSD and have the exact same problems(i think worse) as everyone else.

Ps4 is much more complicated than pc is. Just look at black desert it runs like shit.
Jeff and his team is doing a great job. Don’t be toxic like the reddit community

I have not played this game in a year or more just came back recently and the problems that were at release are EXACTLY the same as they are now. Pretty sure a year of crashing is cause to get a little toxic. And then you read the devs on these forums they make it sound like the ps4 crashing problem is just a recent development.
And I have played black desert. Never had a problem with it must be your internet. How dare you criticize their devs you just being toxic....Does not feel good when the shoe is on the other foot does it?
To those who are clueless as to why players are getting so salty over a "free game":

We're not salty about that. We (or at least I) am salty about the fact that recurring performance issues and launch delays like THIS wouldn't be tolerated on PC. The smallest of issues for PC is hotfixed in literally minutes. Sure, part of that is of course a certification issue, but more and more console players have realized that it simply seems to be a priority issue. For some reason, console players are just not priority enough. Communication with console players isn't priority enough. Hell, it took a year for console to even get the CHAT function, forget guilds.
If the game is free, it's free for all. If people are paying for mtx, they are paying across platforms. Yet, the console players seem to be the stepkids under the cupboard here. We get stuff late (or not at all), we get it broken, and it doesn't ever quite seem to get fixed as it should.

Now to deal with this is one thing, but to get lectured on being toxic is another. I'm sorry my friends, but toxicity is quite literally being bred in front of our eyes. It's very, very hard to remain positive and supportive in the face of relentless performance issues.
It's free 2 play.. But the most player invest hundreds of €/$... That's the point.

The most player pay much more as 4 any other AAA Titel.. So they have simular expectations.
I've invested 3-5 times more than a full priced AAA Title even though it's free. I know I don't have to but I really like the game and support the company behind it. But I think some of the criticism is just appropiate. As there has been a hugh drop in stability for this game since Delirium I guess (didnt play Metamorph much). With a peek of game and even console crashes in harvest. I was worrying about the health of my PS4 Pro since I had more than 1 crash where the whole DB had to be rebuilt and this is something which has not been fixed until end of league. It got better, but I am sure that the PS4 (or even the console team) is pretty small or the prio is very low.

Sad to see this new low happen just again. I hope they can fix it soon. Took 2 days of from work for the league start but gladly I could cancel it to go to work today. Is it a good or a bad sign that there has been no rollback yet?
The whole "but it's free!" argument is completely invalid in the first place. Aside from the fact that we all know you can't seriously play PoE without buying a considerable amount of stash tabs - easily the full price of a normal video game - it just doesn't matter anyway if a game is F2P. If the game is absolutely inundated with issues that go unfixed forever, the game should be criticized. It is beyond any possible dispute that the console ports of PoE are complete garbage, and it's asinine to attack people for pointing this out. PoE on the consule is a broken product, and by now it's obvious that GGG barely cares about it and doesn't do enough to support it, which is why stuff like this happens.

If something being free (which PoE only technically is; I doubt even one single person who posted in this thread is a F2P player with three basic stash tabs) meant people shouldn't be allowed to say anything negative about it, the world would be buried under mounds of garbage product as noone ever has any incentive to improve what they made. So the fact that PoE on the console is a broken, barely playable mess that GGG has ignored since launch is very much something that people have a right to complain about. It's actually important that they do. Does anyone seriously think that the way to get GGG to improve the game is to stop saying what's wrong with it? Really?
Last edited by Ohhrobin777 on Sep 24, 2020, 5:16:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info