PlayStation Heist Launch Delay

Appreciate the hard work to bring the game back online.

League content however is literally unplayable and is frequently crashing every half an hour.

The free game argument has gone out of the window. This is a business model and many of the people raising their voice have some sort of investment in this game.

Please respect that investment. Something GGG has failed to do since the inception of console. At least start now.
Just stop buying shit until they fix something. I know i would.
A more reasonable tactic is to start being extremely vocal in the chat rooms, online, at GameStop, everywhere you can, talking about what an abysmal job these guys have done in supporting their game. Inspected before moving the competition. GGG’s abject unwillingness to do anything to address the numerous well-known issues with the console version is tantamount to an aggressive action. And aggressive action requires an aggressive response.

The very fact that they were willing to release a console version but only assign one person to actually support it speaks volumes about their business model. This is not the business model of a company that cares about their consumers.

What really fuels the anger and frustration is the fact that this is, at its core, an incredible game. But GGG’s bungling has rendered it unplayable. It’s like dangling a gold coin just a couple of inches out of reach.

Someone earlier questioned how the leagues could get less and less playable with each iteration. That’s actually simple to answer. When you have a problem with the underlying code that is not addressed, but you just keep piling on new code without ever fixing the core underlying issues, this is what you get.

Boycotting, refusing to buy anything in the micro transactions store - these are pointless gestures. The only equitable response at this time is to take aggressive action to warn the gaming community of GGG.
“ Inspected before moving the competition“ is obviously not what I meant to say. Problem is, I don’t remember what it was I was trying to say! I think it was probably something about aggressively promoting their competition, as in Diablo 3
Items in heists are dropping out of bounds and unlootable. Missed out on a nice unique from a safe because it was impossible to target it.

Of course, the heist then crashed and I wouldn't have got it anyway.

It's a comedy at this point. Or maybe a tragedy.
Last edited by Ohhrobin777 on Sep 24, 2020, 9:11:29 PM
"
mightyvinyl wrote:

The very fact that they were willing to release a console version but only assign one person to actually support it speaks volumes about their business model. This is not the business model of a company that cares about their consumers.
Boycotting, refusing to buy anything in the micro transactions store - these are pointless gestures. The only equitable response at this time is to take aggressive action to warn the gaming community of GGG.

Only one person ...? I am a programmer, I know what I could achieve as a single person within 3 months. Your rant is ridiculous.

One crash so far for me on a PS4 slim, two more for my husband, sad but not the end of the world. The bugs are getting polished at a great paste. We have fun playing.
"
mightyvinyl wrote:

I don't know where everyone is getting the one person team from? Just because only one person posts on the forums (also not true we have Jeff and occasionally bex too) that doesn't mean Jeff is the only team member, it means he's most likely the unfortunate soul who was given the job of dealing with people on the forums.

Also, why are you posting from a pc account regarding console issues? I spot a troll. Go back to reddit.
Last edited by Mrnickwan on Sep 25, 2020, 1:06:29 AM
"
Isomorphin wrote:

One crash so far for me on a PS4 slim, two more for my husband, sad but not the end of the world. The bugs are getting polished at a great paste. We have fun playing.

Lucky you.

I assume you are playing standard league and avoid the labyrinth?
Here the lab (in harvest league) crashed half the time, and after the first one the heists crash 100% for me. (PS4Pro here)
presently frustrated PS4-player
"
Mrnickwan wrote:
"
mightyvinyl wrote:

I don't know where everyone is getting the one person team from? Just because only one person posts on the forums (also not true we have Jeff and occasionally bex too) that doesn't mean Jeff is the only team member, it means he's most likely the unfortunate soul who was given the job of dealing with people on the forums.

Also, why are you posting from a pc account regarding console issues? I spot a troll. Go back to reddit.

i may quote Jeff:
"
We have our top renderer engineer working on a fix and we will get that deployed as soon as humanly possible.
here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2944458

Maybe because like myself played PoE on PC before (in my case since closed beta) and still using PC for work but since it fells like work sitting in the (home)office in an office chair feels like work all playing moves to the living room (or in my case the media-cave) with 4k-TV and comfortable seating...
But for posting texts the office PC is good enough

presently frustrated PS4-player
"
Golbarin wrote:
"
Isomorphin wrote:

Lucky you.

I assume you are playing standard league and avoid the labyrinth?
Here the lab (in harvest league) crashed half the time, and after the first one the heists crash 100% for me. (PS4Pro here)

I play Heist and do not avoid anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info