[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
"
Xentriques wrote:
damn, already at 101 deaths and can't kill Brutus / Shavrone in Act 6. I litterally have no idea what's wrong with my build

You haven't taken any of the fire DOT multi or ignite chance nodes. You need to get those so you do damage...

I'm at level 45 and don't have anywhere near enough points for what the POB shows at level 45, that's why I don't have those nodes
"
Xentriques wrote:
"
"
Xentriques wrote:
damn, already at 101 deaths and can't kill Brutus / Shavrone in Act 6. I litterally have no idea what's wrong with my build

You haven't taken any of the fire DOT multi or ignite chance nodes. You need to get those so you do damage...

I'm at level 45 and don't have anywhere near enough points for what the POB shows at level 45, that's why I don't have those nodes

You're using hexblast and trying to ignite without any of the passive that make it viable. You cant just blindly follow a PoB at league start when its based on brand new skills and doesnt have rock solid way to begin. You need to use atleast some critical thinking when it comes to what you're trying to do and what the passives you're grabbing will do for you

respec points away from EE and EO and use those points reach breathe of flames and holy fire sooner. go back and get EE and EO afterwards. I didnt swap to hexblast ignite until i had breath of flames and was only a few more points away from holy fire

It also appears that you picked up EE but have no actual way to use it. I'm not seeing any non-fire damage to spells on your gear
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Sep 19, 2020, 1:14:04 PM
"
Xentriques wrote:

Looks like your resistances are not capped, this tends to play a big role even while leveling. None of your gear is enchanted so you have plenty of room to add some of the missing resistances and make yourself a bit more survivable.

Your weapon and shield also don't really do much for you in terms of damage. Plus you took Elemental Equilibrium but you don't have any added cold and lightning damage to spells yet, so that's probably a big reason why your damage is low. You're giving everything more fire resistance and making them more vulnerable to cold and lightning. You need cold and lightning damage to also make them more vulnerable to fire otherwise there's no point in taking that.
Would it be worth it to path to or anoint "Whispers of Doom" so we can use Witchfire brew?
"
teyjinshen wrote:
Would it be worth it to path to or anoint "Whispers of Doom" so we can use Witchfire brew?

I think if going CI, Whispers of Doom is close enough to be worth it. Otherwise no.

You can still use Witchfire, it's faster to run around with the Despair aura up and blast stuff (even though the DPS is lower) rather than casting a curse manually on each pack
"
"
teyjinshen wrote:

I think if going CI, Whispers of Doom is close enough to be worth it. Otherwise no.

You can still use Witchfire, it's faster to run around with the Despair aura up and blast stuff (even though the DPS is lower) rather than casting a curse manually on each pack

I see, thanks for the reply. How do we deal with Hexproof enemies though? Do we just spam Hexblast?
"
teyjinshen wrote:
"
"
teyjinshen wrote:

I see, thanks for the reply. How do we deal with Hexproof enemies though? Do we just spam Hexblast?

Hexproof enemies can still build up Doom and be ignited. I haven't really noticed an issue with them, except that a different icon hangs over their head rather than the Curse
The Pastebin tree conflicts with the Lvl 25 tree. Do we respec later on to use the PoB tree or did I miss something?

Passive Tree

POB: https://pastebin.com/sPuY5zMZ

Passive Tree: Level 25

"
HotChARLes wrote:
The Pastebin tree conflicts with the Lvl 25 tree. Do we respec later on to use the PoB tree or did I miss something?

Passive Tree

POB: https://pastebin.com/sPuY5zMZ

Passive Tree: Level 25

Yes, there is a respec happening. I did it around level 60. Reason being, the Chaos/DOT notables are good for ED/C while leveling, but the elemental nodes are better once using ignite.

The leveling tree is also in the pastebin, by the way.
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Sep 19, 2020, 3:58:31 PM
*********EDIT - Just found it at the bottom.**************

"
Yes, there is a respec happening. I did it around level 60. Reason being, the Chaos/DOT notables are good for ED/C while leveling, but the elemental nodes are better once using ignite.

The leveling tree is also in the pastebin, by the way.

Thanks. Where do I find the different leveling trees in PoB? I guess I never knew that existed.
Last edited by HotChARLes on Sep 19, 2020, 4:22:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info