Content Update 3.12.0 -- Path of Exile: Heist

"
Yahira wrote:

Well, I read this differently, or we are talking about different things. It sounds to me it increases doom gain from 10 to 20 per tick. Maximum doom should be related to the duration (how many ticks), otherwise it makes no sense to have a build-up.

Another option would be, if basically doubling your doom is too strong, that it will just add +10 at the end. Much like Base Doom+(Doom/sec*duration)+10.

You can only read that as increasing the cap, similar to the nodes that give you more max rage. There are also 3 nodes that give a total of 150% increase to doom gain and another notable that changes the minimum starting doom to 5

If I had to guess doom will work like rage, be capped at 50 and going to 60 max with the notable.

Also it does make sense to have it build up, the skills that deal damage based on doom gain damage per doom stack, having max stacks right away would be way too strong and make no sense as a mechanic. And those stacks being technically infinite would also be completely off the wall considering the damage they provide and not to mention that doom stacks increase the effect of hexes so having infinite based on duration would make curses broken.
Last edited by IonDrako on Sep 16, 2020, 4:33:52 PM
"
Spurnshadow wrote:

1) What the actual F is up with 16c Zana modifier for delirium? I'm a casual player who might play more often depending on my work. I've never done the simulacrum (whatever) as it requires 300 shards. 16c is just punishing. 8c blight is bad, but understandable as it has a super high amount of rewards, but I don't see delirium rewards being as high as blight.

I have enjoyed PoE for many years (skipping last leagues) and I haven't even killed Atziri yet :).

that mindset might be the problem for the majority of ppl. tbh its fairly easy to get a reasonable amount of cash in this game leading into better gear. better gear leads into better killpressure on bosses. its literally as simple as that.
1 deli splinter sells for 1-2 chaos, so all u have to do is to get more than 8-16 splinter (depending on stage of league) to just even out ur investment of 16c. that EXcludes the chances of getting valuable deli orbs, clusters and the deli reward.

BUT im with you on the buffs of weak skills. some of them really do need some love. with that being said im positive that the alt quality gems might bring some skills back.
Last edited by koskesh539 on Sep 16, 2020, 5:01:19 PM
Why change the game mechanics on curses? Nobody claimed about curses. WTF
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
"
Spurnshadow wrote:
I'm not as alarmist as most others regarding these patch notes. However, there are some things that I think have really missed the mark and are overlooked.

1) What the actual F is up with 16c Zana modifier for delirium? I'm a casual player who might play more often depending on my work. I've never done the simulacrum (whatever) as it requires 300 shards. 16c is just punishing. 8c blight is bad, but understandable as it has a super high amount of rewards, but I don't see delirium rewards being as high as blight.

16c for delirium is actually... cheap. I make 30 to 100 splinter per map, now add delirium orb to that and all the other stuff that come with it. I would pay 30c for delirum lol

for blight personally i will probably just not run it. waiting for the monster to spawn while i could almost do 2 entire map... that a nop for me, its worth tho.
Last edited by dragonpowi on Sep 16, 2020, 5:32:48 PM
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
"
loginagain wrote:
Could you please do something with the launch times for future leagues to be more friendly to people playing from EU? THanks

huh? a Friday evening isn't good?

Don't know what evening means in your timezone, but in mine season starts at 10:00PM and I wont make it past start of act 3 till I'm too sleppy to continue.

So that's the only thing D3 seasons do better, they start at 5:00PM.

To patchnotes... many nerfs not many buffs, but I still believe there is much hidden potential in the replicas and alternative quality gems we have yet to grasp.

"
IonDrako wrote:
You can only read that as increasing the cap, similar to the nodes that give you more max rage. There are also 3 nodes that give a total of 150% increase to doom gain and another notable that changes the minimum starting doom to 5

If I had to guess doom will work like rage, be capped at 50 and going to 60 max with the notable.

Also it does make sense to have it build up, the skills that deal damage based on doom gain damage per doom stack, having max stacks right away would be way too strong and make no sense as a mechanic. And those stacks being technically infinite would also be completely off the wall considering the damage they provide and not to mention that doom stacks increase the effect of hexes so having infinite based on duration would make curses broken.

Well, everything seems to be fluid atm. PoE Planner now shows hexes you inflict have +4. So is that 14 for the first, 10+4 every time... no idea.
I assumes the Doom value would be the base damage, if its just stacks, they should say so. If its divided by 10 in the end anyway, a bit confusing, especially if you add the +4 value.

It doesn't matter, I thought about a rage comparison, but I do not think it works. Rage is not time related, it only diminishes again if not used. You could only compare it, if Berserk would trigger automatically at maximum Rage or when you trigger it with a different attack other then the rage supplying one. Rage does not have a duration (tag) nor does it automatically stack.. and neither on the enemy, it stacks on you.

Guess we have to wait and see.
"
Singulare wrote:
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
"
loginagain wrote:
Could you please do something with the launch times for future leagues to be more friendly to people playing from EU? THanks

huh? a Friday evening isn't good?

Don't know what evening means in your timezone, but in mine season starts at 10:00PM and I wont make it past start of act 3 till I'm too sleppy to continue.

So that's the only thing D3 seasons do better, they start at 5:00PM.

To patchnotes... many nerfs not many buffs, but I still believe there is much hidden potential in the replicas and alternative quality gems we have yet to grasp.

But if they change it to make it good for you its gonna be worse for someone else.
"
dragonpowi wrote:
16c for delirium is actually... cheap. I make 30 to 100 splinter per map, now add delirium orb to that and all the other stuff that come with it. I would pay 30c for delirum lol

for blight personally i will probably just not run it. waiting for the monster to spawn while i could almost do 2 entire map... that a nop for me, its worth tho.

Maybe for you, I continuously have bad luck with splinters. Last league I ran full malformation maps with incursion, beyond, 8 awakening, 4 sextants and the usual 100%+ and with full clear got between 1-4 splinter. Yeah LoL

Running similar mods on Promenade yield 20-30 splinters, but its not a map I like to run.

It is heavily map related and RnG and it has been abysmal for me and 16c is high.

In comparison, during Delirium I finished the Endgame Grind challenge, in Harvest I got 1 Simulacrum, that's all. Selffound of course.

And I ended the league with about 40c, not really using any Zana mods (used the free ones from Harvest). 16c is a lot. Everything over 6 is and I won't use it.
"
Spurnshadow wrote:

16C for a deli mirror you can legit break even with any build, 8C for blight is pathetic, blight maps sure give some mental amount of reward caches but even the map encounter giving like 5% of the yield from a full blight map, you will almost always break even as well

Sure i would want to play all the mods for pennies on the dollar, specially the deli mirror which i find one of the most fun contents POE has to offer, but the prices aren't so bad.

And seeing that the new season blows, i'm going to be using these mods a lot

TL;DR : Currency is made to be spent, gotta use cash to make cash
Lookin good
IGN: NetflixAndFuck
Last edited by ubersuperduper on Sep 16, 2020, 6:24:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info