Content Update 3.12.0 -- Path of Exile: Heist

"
Spurnshadow wrote:
I'm not as alarmist as most others regarding these patch notes. However, there are some things that I think have really missed the mark and are overlooked.

1) What the actual F is up with 16c Zana modifier for delirium? I'm a casual player who might play more often depending on my work. I've never done the simulacrum (whatever) as it requires 300 shards. 16c is just punishing. 8c blight is bad, but understandable as it has a super high amount of rewards, but I don't see delirium rewards being as high as blight.

2) One of my builds I've taken a year to really understand and perfect was a self-flagellation totem build. This is now gone with the curse changes unless something is reworked with the chest piece to compensate for the lack of curses (now hexes). That's ok as I was not going to make one this league but for others out there, disappointing.

3) your new mechanic for this league is the doom/curse mechanic. I'm not sure how popular this will be as it is something that requires time to build up damage, and that's antithetical to this game. If you want the dps to build up faster and greater, it will require a lot of points on the skill tree to be a main dps dealer. Another big drawback. Will this be doable on bosses?

4) I like that you're tweeking skills, etc rather than nerfing them to the ground, but like others have said, it would have been good to see slight buffs given to less utilized skills.

Finally, the biggest issue I have hearkens back to point 1. Accessability. After every league, you have your stats. I find it amazing that like 0.3% is the number of players who complete 36+ challenges. That bar chart of challenges is amazing.

Also, the end-game bosses have super high dps and requires a tanky build or one with high sustain in order to take a hit, unless you're some 20 year old with prenatural reaction times. I've still never killed Sirus (yes yes, I know, he's easy, get gud, run a proper build, FU). I try to run the right builds (I always die on the last phase), but to get the high dps, high health/ vitality you need high end gear. In order to get high end gear, you need to grind chaos and buy it or be lucky enough to get a good drop/crafting results. Most of us just don't have the time for this.

The point is, perhaps you should focus more on how achievable your end game content is, how much one shotting there is (boss big hits, on death explosions), or just how dumb your mechanics are. For example, in the grove, I got walled in too long by the wall of thorns and then the whole arena was fire. Well, that instance is over as I can no longer access the boss. Stupid. If you focused on this aspect, it would make many more builds viable and give players more freedom. As it is, I feel pigeon-holed to select builds.

Welcome to Path of Exile. First of all, you are talking about stuff that none of us who played before even heard of (and we enjoyed the game too, you know, without blight, deliriumwhatever etc). If you want to farm currency, there are also several videos on the tube showing that you can make really good progress by farming lower tier maps and work with more quantity/hour.

About the bosses, either you are tanky or you are a glass cannon or something inbetween, but I think the problem is when people compare themselves to streamers with meta builds and who has gaming as a full time employment. You can't - and shouldn't - be able to achieve the same as them if you are a casual player. A casual player will get casual results. I really don't get the whining, if you are a football player in division 5 you will not get the same achievements as a Premier League one.

I have enjoyed PoE for many years (skipping last leagues) and I haven't even killed Atziri yet :).
Last edited by boondoxsaints on Sep 16, 2020, 3:35:29 PM
"
IQof3 wrote:
Well, I see bloom is still there and no way to disable it. I wont be downloading this league. I can't believe I played this game since beta and I have to quit because some idiot forces me to use an effect that hurts my eyes and gives me headaches after 5 min of play. Nice going GGG. Way to keep the loyal player base.

Try being colorblind, only able to distinguish between gems by checking them on the wiki and sockets by clicking gems on and off so the sockets are highlighted. In ten years, they haven't bothered to even add a simple "show colors as a letter" QoL change.
"
IonDrako wrote:
"
Yahira wrote:
"
Raziel_Walker wrote:
What is the maximum doom?
You only get it for manually cast curses? Curses linked with Bane are unable to generate doom?

Maximum Doom should be equivalent to doom per sec + base doom * duration (Base Doom + (Doom/sec*Duration)). Since all those are variable, I believe there is no cap for maximum doom.

This is wrong, they literally list a notable that states it increases the maximum doom

"The Skittering Runes cluster has moved just below Heart of Thunder. The notable now grants +10 to maximum Doom and 10% increased Effect of your Curses (from 15% increased Effect of your Curses)."

Well, I read this differently, or we are talking about different things. It sounds to me it increases doom gain from 10 to 20 per tick. Maximum doom should be related to the duration (how many ticks), otherwise it makes no sense to have a build-up.

Another option would be, if basically doubling your doom is too strong, that it will just add +10 at the end. Much like Base Doom+(Doom/sec*duration)+10.
Last edited by Yahira on Sep 16, 2020, 3:47:53 PM
this delirium 16c on zana is a smart move by GGG
since the mod is the most popular it is in fact forcing people to do a lot of "fortune favours the brave" if you could get delirium 3 times out of 7 you are already winning currency, and you compensate with more maps played
but the real smart move is that more people sinking chaos on zana mods -> ex prices will probably be lower than the average league
everyone wins
Can you decide how call marks.
Mark it's a mark and not affected by curses amount and limited to 1.
And curses it's curses their basic amout always 1 and can be increased.
I spend f.. 3 hours understanding how this working. Mark NOT a curse or HEX how you calling it now.
Call mark MARK not a curse! Rightnow i want kill my self after reading huntred of post on reddit and wiki.

It's not hard but
WHYYYyyy...
"
kingkarlos19 wrote:
Can we adress MELEE beeing WAY to strong? My Cyclone Juggernaut can easily kill Izaro and has over 40k Tooltip DPS. I played a Miner before and it died so often in Labyrinth

People would be more inclined to take your serious, if you actually had a cyclone juggernaut character...
"
Me4 wrote:
Can you decide how call marks.
Mark it's a mark and not affected by curses amount and limited to 1.
And curses it's curses their basic amout always 1 and can be increased.
I spend f.. 3 hours understanding how this working. Mark NOT a curse or HEX how you calling it now.
Call mark MARK not a curse! Rightnow i want kill my self after reading huntred of post on reddit and wiki.

It's not hard but
WHYYYyyy...

curses breaks down in 2 classes: hexes and marks
the only difference between them is that marks can only be applied to a single mob at a time
it is not hard but.......
"
curses breaks down in 2 classes: hexes and marks
the only difference between them is that marks can only be applied to a single mob at a time
it is not hard but.......

That's why hundred posts in reddit. Ye not hard when you get it.
If i can not disable bloom day 1 minute 0, I'm just skipping the league.
"
Isseus wrote:
"
IQof3 wrote:
Well, I see bloom is still there and no way to disable it. I wont be downloading this league. I can't believe I played this game since beta and I have to quit because some idiot forces me to use an effect that hurts my eyes and gives me headaches after 5 min of play. Nice going GGG. Way to keep the loyal player base.

Try being colorblind, only able to distinguish between gems by checking them on the wiki and sockets by clicking gems on and off so the sockets are highlighted. In ten years, they haven't bothered to even add a simple "show colors as a letter" QoL change.

Holy F... this is so obvious yet GGG has yet to catch on. How is a 6 link listed in POB? B-B-R-R-G-W. Yes the fonts are colored but most people are paying attention to RGBW and not font color. So player built POB has RGBW figured out but GGG hasn't.

How hard would it be to add R, G, B, W as a tag? Not very. How hard to change Siosa or Lily tabs from 1,2,3... to R1, R2, G1, G2.... Not hard. Even when you copy and paste an item from the game the text includes "Sockets: B-B-G-B-G-B".So if the data is built into the item why not display it up top in item basics above requirements line.

Come on GGG, make this change.
Last edited by Stubby83 on Sep 16, 2020, 4:21:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info