Content Update 3.12.0 -- Path of Exile: Heist

"
"
lethal_bear wrote:
Can't believe the amount of negativity from these crybabies.
Skills that were nerfed are still more than playable.

Just because nothing was DIRECTLY buffed, does not mean that it did not get stronger, or is uninteresting. Stop crying for everything to be buffed. Do you really want to play a game where every league some skills & ascendancies are omega pushed? That is my definition is boring - everyone playing the same skill & ascendancy because "HURRDURR SKILL IZ STONKS" Remember in Blight where more than 50% of the SC playerbase was playing necro? That is the very definition of a boring and unhealthy meta.

People forget that while one aspect of something is technically nerfed, the new additions to the (eg alt gem quality, new item bases, new uniques, new utility skills) inevitably add an element of powercreep to the game anyway, and a lot of builds, including ones that got nerfed are stronger for it.

Here's an idea: challenge yourself by playing something different, if you're looking for something "new" and "interesting". Something does not need to be new to the game to be new to you. Get creative. Don't rely on super-pushed skills & ascendancies every patch to make the game "interesting" for you

Uhm.... were power really matters and shows ( in the hc races ) the league will be 50% ED Trickster ... for the 5th league in a row....

Thats why i get annoyed by these patches. Not because of nerfs. Nerf everything for all that i care, but god damn nerf the things that need nerfing and dont play favorites like this.

Sure, nerf/rework Trickster - I'm game for that. I don't think ED is particularly OP though, since it's single target is quite pathetic.
I would say though that racing should not define the general contents of the patch and is something that should be considered as a secondary concern
"
Viktranka wrote:
Welcome to another league where no ascendancy was buffed or reworked and next to nobody will play inquisitor. Or non-golem elementalist.

I'm going non golem elementalist. Yes I'll summon golems but just for support :)
"
lethal_bear wrote:
"
"
lethal_bear wrote:
Can't believe the amount of negativity from these crybabies.
Skills that were nerfed are still more than playable.

Just because nothing was DIRECTLY buffed, does not mean that it did not get stronger, or is uninteresting. Stop crying for everything to be buffed. Do you really want to play a game where every league some skills & ascendancies are omega pushed? That is my definition is boring - everyone playing the same skill & ascendancy because "HURRDURR SKILL IZ STONKS" Remember in Blight where more than 50% of the SC playerbase was playing necro? That is the very definition of a boring and unhealthy meta.

People forget that while one aspect of something is technically nerfed, the new additions to the (eg alt gem quality, new item bases, new uniques, new utility skills) inevitably add an element of powercreep to the game anyway, and a lot of builds, including ones that got nerfed are stronger for it.

Here's an idea: challenge yourself by playing something different, if you're looking for something "new" and "interesting". Something does not need to be new to the game to be new to you. Get creative. Don't rely on super-pushed skills & ascendancies every patch to make the game "interesting" for you

Uhm.... were power really matters and shows ( in the hc races ) the league will be 50% ED Trickster ... for the 5th league in a row....

Thats why i get annoyed by these patches. Not because of nerfs. Nerf everything for all that i care, but god damn nerf the things that need nerfing and dont play favorites like this.

Sure, nerf/rework Trickster - I'm game for that. I don't think ED is particularly OP though, since it's single target is quite pathetic.
I would say though that racing should not define the general contents of the patch and is something that should be considered as a secondary concern

It matters in the fact that it shows were the real power is. Because there is actually stuff on the line. And when i talk about ED Trickster , i talk about the whole package, where you use supplements like Blight to buff your single target. The build has everything, including bossing capabilities. If it were any different we would not see the upcoming boss race be dominated by it , but with these notes we will. And in that light stuff like that Assasin nerfs just seem like an insult. So i get why people gt angry.
Not sure if it's been stated in the thread, but does bane apply doom? Does doom from 1 self cast curse effect other curses that were triggered? It seems like it would, but unless specified it doesn't mean it would for sure. I'm mostly curious about the former as it seems like a bit of an oversight to not have bane apply doom stacks due to the nature of the skill and the fact that it has the curse tag on the gem

Edit: Went back and saw the small line about bane right after I posted this. I'm honestly baffled they chose not to allow it to act as a curse skill. I'm also confused why occultist doesn't interact with the new doom mechanic at all when other attendances get unique interactions with various mechanics. I don't think it would be unreasonable to add "curses gain doom X% faster" to the malediction node for those investing in it
Last edited by Herbeh on Sep 16, 2020, 2:17:49 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
Shanwen222 wrote:
not enough necro nerfs

The spellslinger and spectre nerf pretty much killed Necro completely.

Sin, on the other hand, receive minimal nerf.
It'd be meta next league 100% again.

Necro is not dead at all and you Cann still do content with other minions than specters.
I played zombies last league and had a lot of fun
A guild mate did 40/40 with srs
"
However, Marks have FULL EFFECT on bosses. Marks are now meant for single tough enemies with hexes meant for everything, with a buff to self casting them.

Yeah, but half of the properties on the marks are on kill effect which is 100% useless on bosses and nobody is going to use them on small targets. So looks like a half ass job to me.
I am not fan of nerf to Watchers Eyes and Assasins Ascendancy nerfs.

Wathcers Eyes Legacy are going to be mirror priced.

Assassins Ascendancy min max wont be so exciting as it was now.

Imo its better for us players to buff other stuff and try to overwhelm those things you want to nerf ggg. I would appreciate that better.
Last edited by Rexeos on Sep 16, 2020, 2:30:38 AM
Path of nerfs again

Literally Nothing besides that, like some love for nowadays crappy ascendencies

voting +1 for all those no longer buying your mtx

gl
"
BenG1008 wrote:
RIP VD slinger

damn . i had invest so mutch in that char . 12ex was only the watchers eye

IGN = Tominsideeeee

Last edited by Tom1nside on Sep 16, 2020, 2:31:20 AM
Path of nerfs again