Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

"
I started with Harvest.
I played a lot of it thanks to COVID forcing me at home and despite that not only I failed at getting any endgame content, I never figure how to craft stuff despite Harvest being the so-called Best Crafting League and my gears end up being shit. I see build claiming 1.000.000 DPS when I never went past 10.000. Farming 100 EX a day while I saw a single Ex after two months and I totaled a big number of 2 EX. People surviving something capable to kill you from the other side of the map while I simply stopped getting experience once I reached 91 because I died more than I was earning experience.
It took me 3 months and I got nothing and hopefully, I will start working back full time when Heist start. Are casual players even supposed to play League? Because I can't see right now how someone could finish this game in 3 months if it gets harder, especially since I could play it for a whole year and still I couldn't figure out if adding more INT or STR is even useful to my build or why I should even wear a shield since armor seems useless or how 97% of Uniques are useless and they kept adding unique that useless.
And let's not talk about the fact the game force you to play most of the time to get the resources you need but you have to interact with a person to sell/buy instead of having a way to put your stuff in a selling place and then get what you want without being forced to leave a map mid-boss fight or lose a chance to get/sell what you need.
And for what? To show people how trendy your HQ is? I would do my stuff in Oriat's frankly.

A few responses:
I know of only 1 useless unique in the game. The rest are either useful in the early game, or have at least one end-game viable trick to them.

If your build shows 10k dps tooltip, that's typically ~400k bragging/pob dps. So you're only actually off by 10x from top tier builds. When people talk about their dps they are talking about what path of building shows with all effects turned on (e.g. every flask modifier up, every curse on, every buff and debuff active ....).

I'm a casual skill/time level player, but with leagues worth of experience, so I understand the mechanics well. That is enough to reach 90+ on multiple characters per league, which is enough to pretty fully explore a build. Usually with a 2 ex budget you can reach 25-50% of the absolute maximum damage potential of a build, and 90+% of the defensive potential. With a little bit more build experience, it will become relatively easy to hit level 95. Hitting level 100 is very intentionally not for casual players.

Shield (block based) defenses are quite popular. You should wear a shield because of block. Armor is fine unless you're trying to defend one-shot attacks that are intended to be manually dodged, and which mostly have enough telegraph even for casual players.

You only get as much INT/STR/DEX as your build needs to wear all items/gems. Any more is a waste unless you are doing one of the stat stacking builds, which you would know if you were (you would have an item that says e.g. for each X Strength).

And yeah, let's not talk about how bad the trade system is. Absolutely garbage, I think everyone would agree there unfortunately.

Ok, minions bye bye. classic BL an VD bye bye, glancing blows bye bye, assasin bye bye.

What we have for witch and shadow?? curses?? ED/Congagion?? blade vortex?? i dont have much experience, what we have now as nice option to league Starter??.

I heard options.
POE used to be the best game, now is full of sh-t
ok rework

shame i was gonna do ball lignting stater, will wait till patch note to see how have they cuck it.

also why double nerf as the slower proj nerf already hit it pretty hard.
"

TLDR Theres still a lot of things you can abuse, and we dont even know what kind of knockoffs are in store. Maybe we will see more build diversity, and dont forget theres also the new skills and altered support gems.
I can understand people worrying, but doesnt this make you more excited for the possibilities?

Hey, man. That's a little too reasonable for 2020. We only do knee-jerk and hyperbole in this day and age.
"
The Glancing Blows nerf seems to hit the wrong thing.

It hurts duel wield block and staff block way more than Life/ES recovery on block (which is the actual problem).

Absolutely agree, they could've just lower %recovered instead of potentially killing glancing blows worthiness for non-shield builds. Glancing blows must be more appealing for dual-wielders and staff users since they have no access to high/max block chance unlike the shield users. D:
Last edited by aefoa on Sep 15, 2020, 1:06:04 PM
"
Souleus wrote:
"
I started with Harvest.
I played a lot of it thanks to COVID forcing me at home and despite that not only I failed at getting any endgame content, I never figure how to craft stuff despite Harvest being the so-called Best Crafting League and my gears end up being shit. I see build claiming 1.000.000 DPS when I never went past 10.000. Farming 100 EX a day while I saw a single Ex after two months and I totaled a big number of 2 EX. People surviving something capable to kill you from the other side of the map while I simply stopped getting experience once I reached 91 because I died more than I was earning experience.
It took me 3 months and I got nothing and hopefully, I will start working back full time when Heist start. Are casual players even supposed to play League? Because I can't see right now how someone could finish this game in 3 months if it gets harder, especially since I could play it for a whole year and still I couldn't figure out if adding more INT or STR is even useful to my build or why I should even wear a shield since armor seems useless or how 97% of Uniques are useless and they kept adding unique that useless.
And let's not talk about the fact the game force you to play most of the time to get the resources you need but you have to interact with a person to sell/buy instead of having a way to put your stuff in a selling place and then get what you want without being forced to leave a map mid-boss fight or lose a chance to get/sell what you need.
And for what? To show people how trendy your HQ is? I would do my stuff in Oriat's frankly.

A few responses:
I know of only 1 useless unique in the game. The rest are either useful in the early game, or have at least one end-game viable trick to them.

If your build shows 10k dps tooltip, that's typically ~400k bragging/pob dps. So you're only actually off by 10x from top tier builds. When people talk about their dps they are talking about what path of building shows with all effects turned on (e.g. every flask modifier up, every curse on, every buff and debuff active ....).

I'm a casual skill/time level player, but with leagues worth of experience, so I understand the mechanics well. That is enough to reach 90+ on multiple characters per league, which is enough to pretty fully explore a build. Usually with a 2 ex budget you can reach 25-50% of the absolute maximum damage potential of a build, and 90+% of the defensive potential. With a little bit more build experience, it will become relatively easy to hit level 95. Hitting level 100 is very intentionally not for casual players.

Shield (block based) defenses are quite popular. You should wear a shield because of block. Armor is fine unless you're trying to defend one-shot attacks that are intended to be manually dodged, and which mostly have enough telegraph even for casual players.

You only get as much INT/STR/DEX as your build needs to wear all items/gems. Any more is a waste unless you are doing one of the stat stacking builds, which you would know if you were (you would have an item that says e.g. for each X Strength).

And yeah, let's not talk about how bad the trade system is. Absolutely garbage, I think everyone would agree there unfortunately.

I'm Also a casual player and i agree with some complains about to reach endgame the in-Game Tool fail so much to give us a good information about how much DPS we are dealing it's a fact not any 10k DMG in-game tool means 1Million DPS effectively.

There a lot of crap uniques but not crap at all in the first 40 levels,but when you reach the endgame and you are in the Atlas you should not get that uniques in reward, the uniques must be acording with you level map.(still there are bad uniques but it is an improvement)

I'm agree with you about attributes, armor and the fact that we don't need level 100 to reach all endgame with 85 lvl you get enough for the skill tree to explore entire game and eventually you get lvl 90.

I love the builds that don't depend of certain elite-unique items to work properly (because is hard to get that kind of items).

With this changes i feel sorry about some builds that allow to casual players like me enjoy all content witout have to farm a lot of currency and buy uniques on market...

Also i like the new spells and i think that we have more fun with new builds, i hope not all of these builds need high expensives items to work.

I mostly agree with the changes.
chill out guys...we just need to find another broken build to faceroll the game
All that 8 s/cooldown of enduring cry will amount to is that nobody is willing to use it anymore. Very unappealing fix. Everything was ok prior call to arms and changes. Long cooldowns equal death to any skill. There is no upside to it whatsoever. Just sad to see a skill being abandoned that way instead of receiving a proper look and adjustment. Any CD beyond 4 seconds already means it's no good in practice.

Easiest solution would have been to increase the cooldown when being used together with call to arms to make up for the quality of life gain. Why punish everyone instead? Sorry but you see, even I can do better.
Last edited by Psykrom on Sep 15, 2020, 1:28:03 PM
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
Nerfing defensive mechanics instead of making enemies harder to kill will only make the gameplay more binary. I signed up for an ARPG not a gatcha mobile game.

Well said and agreed.
Fighting tough monsters without getting one shot all the time is what proper ARPG's should be all about. A nice balance makes or breaks the deal.
Not to mention energy shield defenses are still so much better but anything else gets addressed instead.
Last edited by Psykrom on Sep 15, 2020, 1:24:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info